Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Hip Hop - why is it only growing now?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 centralchill

pgj2015 wrote: »
    whats the story with the Drill guys saying man dont know,man runs etc , i know its copying the UK drill music but like no one talks like that in Ireland or do they? do there drill guys do gigs in Ireland? saw one guy with a balaclava on but he has a tattoo around his eye which im sure people will know him by, why bother wearing it.

Yeah there is a drill scene here, I havent been to any gigs myself. You might of seen this its a vice article on the drill scene here. Athlone is where they are coming out of apparently. Man got on Vice bro.

https://i-d.vice.com/en_uk/article/yw7p8b/irish-drill-music

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The 'gang' that's always in the news from Balbriggan also make some drill music and have a bunch of video's.

There is a scene, but not making much noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭pawdee

Hip op is mainly for old people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

I never thought Irish rap would be possible until I listened to versatile. They are incredibly talented lads and who are just nailing it

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Thesiger

pgj2015 wrote: »
    whats the story with the Drill guys saying man dont know,man runs etc , i know its copying the UK drill music but like no one talks like that in Ireland or do they? do there drill guys do gigs in Ireland? saw one guy with a balaclava on but he has a tattoo around his eye which im sure people will know him by, why bother wearing it.

I guess you mean INK, he's pretty good. Bad Intentions is a banging tune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Thesiger wrote: »
    I guess you mean INK, he's pretty good. Bad Intentions is a banging tune.

Hi INK

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

theballz wrote: »
    I never thought Irish rap would be possible until I listened to versatile. They are incredibly talented lads and who are just nailing it

I don't get the hype with Versatile at all, about a year or 2 ago I remember going through all there tunes to see if I liked any and I just kept skipping through them thinking this is a bit boring:confused:. There videos are really well done though, but the music itself I was not into it at all.

Advertisement