Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

XP11 EIKY Kerry - My first payware

• 09-07-2020 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

Hi all, delighted to announce what will hopefully be my first payware airport!

Using my skills learned from EICK, EINN, EIKN, EISG and EIDL, I'm creating my most realistic airport yet. EIKY features include:

- Custom ground polygons and markings
    - Realistic custom buildings such as the terminal, hangars, car rental offices etc.
    - ATC tower interior
    - Detailed car parks and roads
    - Hopefully ortho background imagery but I'm having trouble sourcing this
    - And a lot more

I want this to be better than all my other projects so any feedback is welcome :)

(Images are WIP, a lot more work to be done)

0.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Skyknight

Sweet ...looks bloody excellent. B)

..Not to sure about the folks in the tower though :D Keep up the good work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Fair play, if you make the helipads payware I will gladly pay for them :-) well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Here's the promotional poster. I have partnered with Boundless (who recently released Isle of Man airport) and they will be releasing it on my behalf.

1333062852_ComingSoonEIKY.jpg.0386a09b94d5d9f6ba0a707f12418b9d.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Since seeing your Knock vs my own I've always admired how well you to car parks and road markings, finicky at the best of times but you always do a fantastic job.

• Advertisement

AirBiscuit wrote: »
    Since seeing your Knock vs my own I've always admired how well you to car parks and road markings, finicky at the best of times but you always do a fantastic job.

Thanks, the car parks are tedious work but worth it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

thats really cool!

Anything for P3D?

thats really cool!

Anything for P3D?

Not right now, but planning on converting my sceneries for MFS2020 when it's out.

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Not right now, but planning on converting my sceneries for MFS2020 when it's out.

*coughs* Helipads n Hospitals..:P

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Was hoping you'd say this! Instant purchase from me on anything you put out for FS20. I've had countless hours of enjoyment from your freeware!.
    Looks like EIDL is covered though :D

• Advertisement

Psychlops wrote: »
    *coughs* Helipads n Hospitals..:P

In due time ;)

beanian wrote: »
    Was hoping you'd say this! Instant purchase from me on anything you put out for FS20. I've had countless hours of enjoyment from your freeware!.
    Looks like EIDL is covered though :D

Glad to hear! Yeah too bad about Donegal but it looks like FS have done a great job with it. First on my list to convert will probably be Knock. Then update and convert Shannon, Sligo and Cork. Apparently the SDK is meant to be lacking though so could take me a while to convert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Looks amazing. Very long time since I had FS installed. Might give it a go just to try your other stuff.

Hi, so I downloaded EISG & I installed the following folders into "custom scenery" but Sligo is not showing?

CDB, Airport Environment, Mister X, Open Scenery X, Rescue X, Handy Objects, Vehicle Library Extension.

Am I doing something wrong?

I
    1000 Version
    SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Airport Environment HD/
    SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CDB-Library/
    SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/EISG Ciano35/
    SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
    SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/HD Forests/
    SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/MisterX_Library/
    SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/
    SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/RA_Library/
    SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/RescueX_Lib/
    SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/The_Handy_Objects_Library/
    SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Vehicle Library Extension/

Thats my order.

Hi, so I downloaded EISG & I installed the following folders into "custom scenery" but Sligo is not showing?

CDB, Airport Environment, Mister X, Open Scenery X, Rescue X, Handy Objects, Vehicle Library Extension.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Psychlops, it’s not allowing me to send you a private message. Did you also download and install the RA_library? If you have and it still doesn’t work, please try loading Sligo again and when it fails, exit X-plane and email me the log.txt file from your main x-plane folder. My email address is the same as my username here and add on @ gmail .com.

Sorry, I posted at the same time as you and see that you do have RA library :) can you email me your log please?

Sorry, I posted at the same time as you and see that you do have RA library :) can you email me your log please?

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

How much do you charge for it and how much finds its way back to you after fees and the like, if you don't mind me asking?

Inquitus wrote: »
    How much do you charge for it and how much finds its way back to you after fees and the like, if you don't mind me asking?

To be honest I have no idea, but lets say it's up for £15, the store keeps a certain percentage of that and then there's taxes and VAT to be paid. Then the publisher keeps 10% of whatever's left over. So I think I would only end up with around half of each sale. I'm not sure though, this will be my first payware.

In terms of pricing, I still haven't sourced ortho imagery so if it doesn't have that I will just sell it for around €10. If I find ortho I'm thinking around €17. It's up to the publisher really though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

To be honest I have no idea, but lets say it's up for £15, the store keeps a certain percentage of that and then there's taxes and VAT to be paid. Then the publisher keeps 10% of whatever's left over. So I think I would only end up with around half of each sale. I'm not sure though, this will be my first payware.

In terms of pricing, I still haven't sourced ortho imagery so if it doesn't have that I will just sell it for around €10. If I find ortho I'm thinking around €17. It's up to the publisher really though.

Thanks for the answer, much appreciated. It looks stunning, I hope you do well out of it!

GA hangar and the new hangar almost finished, which means all buildings are now modeled.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Fire trucks:

2.jpg

Also implementing PBR textures. You can see the difference here, where the PBR apron is reflecting the sunlight whereas the non-PBR aprons are not:

1.jpg

Hi all, is there any editor that lets me view the default scenery? I want to place objects on roads like cars etc but Overlay editor does not show me the default scenery?

Hi all, is there any editor that lets me view the default scenery? I want to place objects on roads like cars etc but Overlay editor does not show me the default scenery?

Not as far as I know... I've only used Overlay Editor and WED for editing/adding airports

Any update on the Helipads? ;)

Any update on the Helipads? ;)

Unfortunately not yet man, even work on Kerry has slowed to a stop now because life has gotten busy lately. I'll keep you updated though ;)

Unfortunately not yet man, even work on Kerry has slowed to a stop now because life has gotten busy lately. I'll keep you updated though ;)

No hassle & understood, just looking to make "my" XP11 as good as I want it :-)

Post #1

Some great news, I finally managed to source some ortho for EIKY. This hugely improves the visuals in and around the airport. Some features of the airport are:

- Full PBR textures (still to be finished)
    - Highly detailed airport buildings
    - Detailed night textures, lighting and streetlighting
    - Detailed farms, villages, GAA fields and houses surrounding the airport
    - 1000's of placed buildings and trees
    - 30cm resolution ortho
    - Custom ground polygons and markings
    - New Ramp starts and Parking locations
    - New GA Hangar and Aprons
    - Custom detailed Car Parks and car rental buildings
    - Custom Firetrucks
    - Updated ATC frequencies

These will be my final screenshots before I send it off to the publisher. Looking forward to finally releasing it and hopefully it'll be successful despite the imminent release of a certain other sim :)

1.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Post #2