Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-12-2018, 15:12   #121
rossie1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by skooterblue2 View Post
The Stock market was at an all time high last year, still better than anything under Obama.
Stock market rise is due to the policies Obama implemented over past decade and the fed keeping interest rates low. Stock market rose to all time high levels of 14k+ under Bush Jr too circa 2003-06 but eventually his incompetence saw the Dow crash to ~6.5k

Quote:
That was carriers decision to move to Mexico, but in doing so they lost the right to bid for any US government contracts.
They don't care. They got a huge government relief package and still moved anyway

Quote:
Yeah these car manufacturers need to be brought into line but it Government intervention that saved these corrupt CEO's when they should be allowed burn. America is a different style economy where you can crash and burn and restart. The American car manufacturers have been saved once too often by the Government.
Had the car manufacturers collapsed in 2008-09 then they would likely have taken many of the big banks with them and the rest of economy would have followed resulting in a worse depression than the 1930s so in that situation federal aid was warranted.

Us corporations last year reported highest profits in history so there was zero need to give them huge tax cuts..which is my point.

Quote:
I am saying that it is a bit of a co incidence that an accident happened and suddenly the North Koreans are around the negotiating table, when they couldnt be encouraged they by closer allies like China and Russia before.
North Korea didn't agree to anything though. Trump was the one giving concessions.

The North Koreans for decades have wanted the Americans to legitimize their regime and Trump did that.

Quote:
In Syria, Obama vetoed down 75% of the Air strikes. Within 6 months of office Alleppo and Raqqua are abandoned with hostages taken. Russian cut the supply lines for ISIS to the Front. The American fought the rest of the battle. Nothing scarier than being told there is no water, Ammo and food in that order, guys really lose it when they hear there is no relief either.
Once Fallujah was captured isis as a serious entity were done. Experts were saying ISIS were defeated before 2016 us election giving timelines which turned out to be pretty exact https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...aq-Syria-daesh

Quote:
Yeah there is a whole infrastructure thing going on with Peurto Rico but it looks a whole lot better than Haiti. Peurto Rico is a second world country. The stories I hear from people on the ground in Haiti about how they are stripping asset and laundering money is unreal. They are at that over 5-6 years since Sandy?
Haiti isn't part of the us, PR is, so not comparable. Also Haiti has always been far poorer than PR. Haiti is also hit with more natural catastrophes that pr with a major earthquake in 2010 coupled with a direct hit from Matthew in 2016 just the most recent.

Quote:
That journalist was a small price to pay in the great scheme of things. If it keeps American families off the poverty line then that is a sacrifice I would be willing to make. Irish politicians have sold out much more for much less. Re: Dell Ireland and Bertie Ahern
Sorry can't agree. Selling weapons to an authoritarian who eliminates any opposition to his leadership isn't going to end well.

There are lots of other ways to keep families off poverty line like raising minimum wage, implementing an actual welfare system, some form of universal healthcare (like the rest of world) or lowering education costs. Us have 3 million homeless and that number is rising so Saudi deal didn't help those people.

Bertie was a crook but he wasn't jailing family members, ordering journalists to be cut into pieces and bombing children in neighbouring countries
Advertisement
01-12-2018, 15:23   #122
frag420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciprio View Post
I will not shed a tear for a terrorist who killed inocent people and then then gave birth to a terrorist just to send innocent people to their deaths just to compete or surpass their daddies unfinished business.

Didn't realise he gave birth to George Jr, what the hell was Barbara doing, running the country?
01-12-2018, 15:55   #123
Gimme A Pound

"... and since I'd achieved all my goals as president in one term, there was no need for a second. The end."
01-12-2018, 16:10   #124
Subcomandante Marcos

A man who while VP was part of an administration that ordered the muder of 290 civilians aboard an airliner and then refused to "apologise for America" as well as being involved with proping up umpteen tinpot dictators and being complicit in the importation of cocaine into the US via Panama by the Medellin cartel.

He's no hero, and no loss.
01-12-2018, 16:18   #125
Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milani Thundering Home View Post
"Now, are there any questions? Keeping in mind that I already explained about my hair."
“Don’t understand lemonade myself. Not my forte.”
Advertisement
01-12-2018, 16:27   #126
Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kew_Tour View Post
It never amazes me how people are quick to forget.

Same here. He us not the worst now. When Trump is long gone in 30 years they say same about him
I’m pretty sure that some presidents are remembered as being very poor or mediocre in retrospect. Certainly I’ve read a few articles on the subject. In mainstream newspapers, not dusty, fusty, esoteric publications. It’s not true that history smiles on them all.

There is no guarantee that Americans will have goldfish memory about Trump or any recent president for that matter. My dislike of Charlie Haughey hasn’t lessened over the years. And I’m not even a political person. A lot of people ARE really interested in politics, unlike me, and they won’t forget what they disliked about whatever leader they didn’t like. My father, with little provocation, can enter full-blooded rants about politicians he disliked back in the day.

And if others revise their view of a politician, they might have thought it through well.
01-12-2018, 17:01   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie Blaylock View Post
I'm sure you had a point amongst all this right wing rethoric...it may have gotten lost.
You’ve pretty much admitted in another thread you are trolling here.

It’s not very good trolling.
01-12-2018, 17:03   #128
WoollyRedHat

"If the people were to ever find out what we have done, we would be chased down the streets and lynched' about the Iran contra affair. The sycophantic praise of this guy by media outlets is something else. He was the Head of the CIA for gods sake.
01-12-2018, 17:04   #129

It’s odd the supporters of Trump also supporting Saudi. Saudi is the enemy of the west.
Advertisement
01-12-2018, 17:09   #130
WoollyRedHat

Interesting read-

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ge-bush-71927/
01-12-2018, 18:05   #131
frosty123

well Frank Drebin liked him....

01-12-2018, 18:53   #132
RobbingBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr Tod Umptious View Post
Don't know if it has been mentioned yet but in recent decades losing a presidential race is the key to long life.

Bush was 94
Cater is 94
Ford was 94
McGovern was 90
Mondale is 90
Dukakis is 85
Poor Nixon died at a youthful 81
Nixon will make a triumphant return in 3000

Nixon's coming back arooooooooo
Thanks from:
01-12-2018, 21:17   #133
skooterblue2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz Von Peppercorn View Post
It’s odd the supporters of Trump also supporting Saudi. Saudi is the enemy of the west.
Middle eastern violence is all good with me as long as it stays there but when they bring that stuff over here its a different matter.....
01-12-2018, 21:19   #134
Edz87

He was a walking conspiracy theory. Good riddance
01-12-2018, 21:20   #135
Subcomandante Marcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by skooterblue2 View Post
Middle eastern violence is all good with me as long as it stays there but when they bring that stuff over here its a different matter.....
You do see the irony of what you're saying right?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion