Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Yesterday, 08:47   #1
judeboy101
Banned

Fathers day

How is it fathers day doesn't have the same gravitas as mothers day. Women have it easy, sitting round the house all day, us men folk have to work twice as hard but don't get the same recognition.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 08:50   #2
gifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by judeboy101 View Post
How is it fathers day doesn't have the same gravitas as mothers day. Women have it easy, sitting round the house all day, us men folk have to work twice as hard but don't get the same recognition.

Keep up that thinking and you'll never experience fathers day..
Yesterday, 08:51   #3
Chinese whospers

Quote:
Welcome to 2019 and congrats on the time travel from 1950.
(3) thanks from:
Yesterday, 08:53   #4
mad muffin

The day you pop out a sprog out of your moot and have it suckle on your titties for months. Then you too will have the recognition you deserve.
Yesterday, 08:54   #5
SuperSean11

Send a message via MSN to SuperSean11
The real unsung heroes

Advertisement
Yesterday, 08:56   #6
Trigger Happy

If your kids are celebrating their mother more than you...you probably need to look in the mirror before blaming society.
Yesterday, 09:09   #7
judeboy101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Happy View Post
If your kids are celebrating their mother more than you...you probably need to look in the mirror before blaming society.
Society have placed women on this pedestal, when the reality is they are increasingly opting for easy c sections , couldn't be arsed making bottles, taking way too much time off thus causing chaos for the civil and public service. It's no wonder the HSE is the way it is with the amount of maternity, parental leaves going on. God bless the marriage ban when it was in place.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 09:11   #8
Berties_Horse

Quote:
Society have placed women on this pedestal, when the reality is they are increasingly opting for easy c sections , couldn't be arsed making bottles, taking way too much time off thus causing chaos for the civil and public service. It's no wonder the HSE is the way it is with the amount of maternity, parental leaves going on. God bless the marriage ban when it was in place.
1/10.
Yesterday, 09:11   #9
8-10

Quote:
couldn't be arsed making bottles,
Breastfeeding rates are increasing. Don't see the men helping much with that
Advertisement
Yesterday, 09:14   #10
Happy4all

Jokes and windups aside, I ignore all these Hallmark Days.
Yesterday, 09:16   #11
bear1

Quote:
Your post screams I need attention and at the same time screams moronic.
Father's and mother's should be treated equally.
Mothers have a much tougher task at hand and the fathers unfortunately are sort of left behind.
We get nearly no time off to help, our rights in case of a divorce are far lower and in general we are in charge of comforting the mother and the new born.
I couldn't give less than a **** of fathers day and if my kids want to wish me then that's nice but don't go around thinking it's all a piece of piss
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 09:19   #12
meeeeh

It's funny how all this troll posts still offer the insight into op's frustrations.
(4) thanks from:
Yesterday, 09:23   #13
JayZeus

It’s a load of sheite. Mothers and Fathers day. If your parents don’t know always that you love them and appreciate what they’ve done for you over the years, they only have themselves to blame for raising an ungrateful little get. And if they do, these days should be seen for what they are, a way to get people to spend more. Only fools buy in to it.
Yesterday, 09:25   #14
8-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZeus View Post
It’s a load of sheite. Mothers and Fathers day. If your parents don’t know always that you love them and appreciate what they’ve done for you over the years, they only have themselves to blame for raising an ungrateful little get. And if they do, these days should be seen for what they are, a way to get people to spend more. Only fools buy in to it.
Agree with that, throw Valentine's Day in there too

Holidays for people who don't make the effort any other day of the year and need a reminder
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 09:51   #15
ILoveYourVibes

I was talking to a guy whose parents divorced when he was young and he decided never to see his dad again. He explained his dad went very odd and had a lot of issues with women and started posting men's rights stuff on social media.

My mate said he was embarrassed by his dad. And he found him aggressive to be around and kind of bitter and intimidating.

His mom was always telling him to spend more time with him even though his Dad was saying horrible things about her and about other women in general.

My mate said he saw his dad be abusive to his mother. His dad denies it and said his mother manipulated him.

My mate thinks his mother is an angel and it was him as a kid that encouraged her to leave his father. I am not sure that is entirely the truth.

His mom always said though 'Your dad won't be here forever you will regret it if he dies and you never make up ...even if you think he is a prick he is your dad'.

And then he did die ...and my mate DID regret it. He still thinks his dad was a prick though. Its just he was HIS prick.

LUCKILY MY DAD IS A GENTLE GENEROUS SOUL. AND I AM VERY LUCKY.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

If your mom is the uber feminist i bet you just wish she would be your mom. Same as if your dad is the uber mens rights activist i bet you wish he would just shut up and be your dad.

Last edited by ILoveYourVibes; Yesterday at 09:56.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion