Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-07-2012, 19:07   #31
Seweryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surinam View Post
Thanks a million! But if I got something delivered over the internet how would I assemble it? I'd be worried about some little part being loose and the whole thing falling apart!
Bike comes in a box like on the photo below. All you need to do is put the saddle with the post in, turn the handlebars straight, attach front wheel and pedals, wrap the bars with tape provided, stick few protection stickers and that's about it. I would recommend using a torque wrench, if you have no experience.

Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-07-2012, 21:46   #32
Surinam

Thanks for the advice! And yes I am pretty clueless about all this
10-07-2012, 22:19   #33
Hungrycol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post

She's a beaut. Did you order it on Evans? You just can't get them online.
10-07-2012, 22:36   #34
Seweryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungrycol View Post
She's a beaut. Did you order it on Evans? You just can't get them online.
No, this is 2010 model as far as I know and not available anymore. I bought it last year in February from a dealer in Germany . Shame, they do not sell them over here.
11-07-2012, 16:02   #35
aindriu80

Send a message via ICQ to aindriu80 Send a message via Yahoo to aindriu80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
If Cycleways can't do, then no other shop in the country can, as there is no Cannondale dealers here.

I can strongly recommend the SuperSix. I used to ride one (still have it) and I love that bike. This bike would be hard to beat, especially with a good wheelset and I would take the Sram Apex over Shimano 105. Great system.
I think I'm going to go for the specialized bike. I can't really get a Cannondale any way easy and cycleways don't rate them. There is Specialized Tarmac Sora for €1650 and Specialized Elite tiagra for €1700
Advertisement
11-07-2012, 16:12   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by aindriu80 View Post
I think I'm going to go for the specialized bike. I can't really get a Cannondale any way easy and cycleways don't rate them. There is Specialized Tarmac Sora for €1650 and Specialized Elite tiagra for €1700
Cycleways don't rate Cannondale yet pretty much every review gives them a glowing report. If a bike shop have an issue with mark up/availability/profit they tend to use that old line. Don't read too much into it.

http://road.cc/content/review/50515-...e-caad8-tiagra
11-07-2012, 16:19   #37
Seweryn

Quote:
I think I'm going to go for the specialized bike. I can't really get a Cannondale any way easy and cycleways don't rate them.
I would rather listen / read users feedback about bikes than rely on opinion of a single shop.

Quote:
For than money I would go for a CAAD10 105.
11-07-2012, 16:31   #38
petethedrummer

Quote:
Definitely Tiagra over Sora. Better shifters and should have 10 speeds on the back.
11-07-2012, 18:53   #39
billyhead

Quote:
Did you get a chance to check out the boardman road bikes in Halfords. There is a sale on at the mo
Advertisement
11-07-2012, 22:14   #40
aindriu80

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyhead View Post
Did you get a chance to check out the boardman road bikes in Halfords. There is a sale on at the mo
Yes I checked them out but I wasn't 100% sold on buying something online. I still don't have any measurements and would really like to get a feel of its road handling etc before I get one.

Quote:
Definitely Tiagra over Sora. Better shifters and should have 10 speeds on the back.
I didn't know the difference but he did note that there was 10 gears on the back wheel on the standard Tarmac. I think the Tiagra shifts etc better as you say.
11-07-2012, 22:16   #41
Seaneh
Banned

Quote:
Yes I checked them out but I wasn't 100% sold on buying something online. I still don't have any measurements and would really like to get a feel of its road handling etc before I get one.

I didn't know the difference but he did note that there was 10 gears on the back wheel on the standard Tarmac. I think the Tiagra shifts etc better as you say.
You can just go into a Halfords shop and try out a boardman bike.
11-07-2012, 22:28   #42
billyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaneh View Post
You can just go into a Halfords shop and try out a boardman bike.
Yeh thats what I did and ended up getting a a road team carbon. Excellent bike for the money
12-07-2012, 17:57   #43
Surinam

Picked up the Boardman Comp this morning, was reduced even further to 700 (from 1000 originally, must be getting 2013 stock in soon) so I bought a wireless Cat Eye along with other accessories.

Delighted with it so far - my first proper road bike! I need to take it on a long spin (whenever the rain clears ) to get used to the sram apex gears though.

WP_000538.jpg
Thanks from:
12-07-2012, 18:38   #44
aindriu80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surinam View Post

Picked up the Boardman Comp this morning, was reduced even further to 700 (from 1000 originally, must be getting 2013 stock in soon) so I bought a wireless Cat Eye along with other accessories.

Delighted with it so far - my first proper road bike! I need to take it on a long spin (whenever the rain clears ) to get used to the sram apex gears though.

Attachment 212905
Nice bike ! Hope you get plenty of nice cycles with it. Is that it here ? Whats the weight like ?

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/st...egoryId_212536
Thanks from:
12-07-2012, 19:15   #45
Surinam

Quote:
Nice bike ! Hope you get plenty of nice cycles with it. Is that it here ? Whats the weight like ?

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/st...egoryId_212536

Yes that's the one in the link, they bring the price down to 700 when you are paying, I think he said that offer will be there until next Wednesday.

Coming from the bike I was riding - a Specialized Rockhopper (with attached bits and pieces) - it feels extraordinarily light to me!! I took it for a spin before the rain arrived and couldn't stop smiling, I'm like a kid when Santa comes I don't have any frame of reference though, this is my first road bike, the one I was riding was a MTB. But I certainly love it so far - I think my Saturday 60k spins will be much more pleasant now.

Everything seems in working order so far, even managed to set up the CatEye properly (aligning the magnets is tricky).

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion