Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specialized all in on discs!

• 23-08-2018 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭

Jeez. Just after my first trip to the new Brown's Barn Specialized store and am disconsolately heading home to my garage of rim-braked relics :(. They're not hedging their bets, that's for sure

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

Are they doing good deals on their bikes? Would their standard 105 set-up with alu frame be cheaper than bike shops around Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭joey100

Their new venge will only be available in disc and looks like it won't be available with cable gears either. The new tarmac does have some rim brake options but are definitely pushing towards disc brakes across their range. The Allez sprint was just released with disc brakes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I was at the etape du tour in july, there was not one bike at any of the display stands that had rim brakes. I was supposed to be buying a c64 with rim brakes, but now I'm rethinking it, I think the ultimate bike now has to have disc brakes and wireless (not just electronic) shifting-plus of course be able to take 28mm tyres.

decisions decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Kissy Lips wrote: »
    Are they doing good deals on their bikes? Would their standard 105 set-up with alu frame be cheaper than bike shops around Dublin?
    I'd imagine no. They're not going to undercut their own dealer network.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i thought they had no dealer network in ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

any finance options with specialized? I want their new Venge but it could result in divorce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    any finance options with specialized? I want their new Venge but it could result in divorce.

Think there will be soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

i thought they had no dealer network in ireland?

Cycleways had it but Specialized werent happy with them so pulled it. The lads running this new store set up in their absence and worked out of the parents shed then containers next to it. Now they have a real store (which is MASSIVE) and servicing centre (6 bays).

Not sure how they're set as to being a distributor or if Madison are going to do it all from the UK but post brexit it seems logical that they'll start to build up the network nationally again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Called to the shop today. Unbelievable bikes. Wife has been put up on Adverts.

Advertisement