Welcome to the forum and thanks for visiting!
This forum is for all who are interested in meteorology and those who wish to learn about and discuss weather events which are current, historical, local or global.
Here are a few points to keep in mind while posting on this forum:
1. Please refrain from direct personal attacks on any person whether they are members of boards.ie or not.
2. Everyone is entitled to post and has equal rights whether they are weather experts or complete newbies.
3. If you wish you to challenge someone's views (on the topic of weather) then please question the post, do not just attack poster.
4. Stay on topic.
5. No trolling/goading posts which serve only to aggravate other users.
5.1 Calling People Snow Bunnies will fall into this Category
6. No advertising or spamming.
Students may ask for assistance with assignments, surveys, research design, data collection etc. This exception is to facilitate student learning; it is NOT to be used business or marketing purposes (the latter should contact email@example.com).
7. If you have a problem with a post then report it.
8. No duplicate accounts (Breach of site rules)
9. In-thread discussion of a moderator's actions, whether it's an action taken against you or another member is not permitted as it drags the discussion off topic - it almost always leads to a ban.
If you are unhappy with a moderator's actions then private message the moderator in question to query it. This should be your first port of call for any complaints you have about moderation.
If you remain unsatisfied with the answer you can take it up with a category moderator.
Our category moderators are currently Black Swan and Lumi
If you remain unsatisfied after speaking to a category moderator you can use the Feedback, Helpdesk or Dispute Resolution forums as appropriate.
Feedback is for general comments, suggestions, and a place to air your opinion on how the site is being run and what you find good or bad.
Helpdesk is for more specific issues you might have with moderators
Please read the relevant charter carefully before posting in either Feedback or the Helpdesk
If you have received an infraction or ban, please follow the Dispute resolution procedure
Note that moderators are normal posters outside of the forum(s) that they moderate and will be treated as such.
10. Signature Rules
Please follow the above link to view full list of rules.
Enjoy the forum everyone and have fun!