Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭deckie27

Hi anyone know about Argos warranty.

Bought something with 12 month warranty
    Bought in June 16.
    Got item replaced in February 17 as original item went faulty.

Do I get a 12 month warranty from February 17?

Cheer's

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

deckie27 wrote: »

Bought in June 16.

Cheer's

Technically, no, you don't- its a continuation of the original warranty- however, I'd still suggest going back- of all the retailers- Argos are the easiest to deal with if something goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Bought in June 16.

Cheer's

did they issue you with a new receipt ?

sunny2004 wrote: »
    did they issue you with a new receipt ?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

Yes

new receipt likely just shows it as a brand new purchase :)
    play dumb and go for warranty replacement.
    though its not even playing dumb, as it seems if they give new receipt, they are basically returning the original item and selling you the replacement, starting a new warranty period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Yes
    good
    phill106 wrote: »
    new receipt likely just shows it as a brand new purchase :)
    play dumb and go for warranty replacement.
    though its not even playing dumb, as it seems if they give new receipt, they are basically returning the original item and selling you the replacement, starting a new warranty period.

That isn't the case, normally Argos receipts show the payment as a reference to the previous product.

How I would approach it is super friendly, saying it only lasted x months, if you are questioned about the replacement, say its kind of clear there is an issue with the product and any help would be appreciated..

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

MCAFEE internet security 330/8644 for 3.00

You can add additional codes to your account to get additional years on the same subscripion

This gives you a card with a 25 digit code. The pack you get does not say 2016 and you can download the latest version

http://www.checkargos.com/product/3308644

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Bentley Echoing Buffalo

Rashers72 wrote: »

no like (cords), Cordless battery packs is the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Pique

For 12 quid? Bargain. If it lasts the rest of this year alone it's worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Bentley Echoing Buffalo

Pique wrote: »

Maybe... or consider next year and get this on sale (100 off):
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4689128

Mover + Strimmer, x2 24v batteries = 149GBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭munster87

Pique wrote: »

Free two year warranty also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Is it worth upgrading from the Nikon D3300 to the D5300?
    Wifi and GPS seem to be the only differences worth talking about.

BigCon wrote: »
    Is it worth upgrading from the Nikon D3300 to the D5300?
    Wifi and GPS seem to be the only differences worth talking about.

Few other bits-

1. The LCD screen can be rotated to give you better shooting angles that you can view- e.g. for selfies etc
    2. There are 39 focal points on the screen- versus 11 on the D3300
    3. Better LCD Screen- its 3.2" versus 3.0" and has 1037 dpi- versus 921dpi
    4. Time lapsed shooting- versus none
    5. Wifi control from your mobile with special Nikon App
    6. 15% longer battery life
    7. Better ISO rating (about 1390 versus 1340 on the D3300)- i.e. a little better for low light shots.

All-in-all, its a very slight improvement on the D3300.
    Both the D3300 and the D5300 are on the way out- they were released in Oct. 2014 for sale on the Christmas market- curiously, at the outset- the D5300 was priced about 50 quid lower than the D3300.

Both are now clearance items- if you go online you can find them both at around the 250 mark- which is roughly half their initial price.........

Either make a good introduction camera for someone beginning digital photography- the Nikon F mount means you can get decent lenses for them from older cameras fairly handily.

Is the D5300 a reasonable improvement over the D3300- no, its incremental on numerous grounds. The D3500 would be a good improvement on the D3300- in a similar manner the D5500 is a more notable camera than its older sibling the D5300.

If you have a D3300- not really any point in getting a D5300- a D3500 or a D5500- yes, but not a D5300.............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭loki7777

What about upgrade from D3200 - when i can still sell it for good money?

loki7777 wrote: »
    What about upgrade from D3200 - when i can still sell it for good money?

Meh- you're swapping one introduction digital camera for another.
    Yes- its an improvement- pretty much across the board- but there are no knock-out blows- its just incrementally better across the board.

Honestly- there isn't any strong reason to get it- unless, you had good reason to use GPS embedding on photos- or wanted to use your mobile as a remote- but to be honest- on an introdcution cameras, these are gimmicky.........

If you're looking for more professional features- buy a refurb from Nikon or Fuji- you can get a good professional camera- for not a lot extra (if you're willing to consider a refurb).

For an introduction camera for someone starting out in digital photography- the D5300 is a no-brainer at this price- but if you've already got a good starter camera- and the D3200 or D3300- are good cameras- buying the D5300 is a whole lot harder to justify.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭madmoe

Canonfan wrote: »
    Nikon D5300 24MP DSLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens

It's €650 in Connscameras Dublin and £529 on Argos UK, €720 in PCworld, great price if you can get one.

Review here

Have you got one mate? I'm going to the USA on a family holiday in a few weeks (San Fran, Yellowstone national Park and Nashville) and my first DSLR would be really handy for capturing all the moments!

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

madmoe wrote: »
    Have you got one mate? I'm going to the USA on a family holiday in a few weeks (San Fran, Yellowstone national Park and Nashville) and my first DSLR would be really handy for capturing all the moments!

Thanks,
    M

I used to have one a few years back. For family snaps just stick it on auto and you'll be fine. It has the flexibility to do much more if you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Thanks,
    M

I have the D5200 model, it's excellent, but you'll need to actually watch a few videos on YouTube before you go to learn how to use it properly - even for the basics. It is not a point and click camera!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭madmoe

I have the D5200 model, it's excellent, but you'll need to actually watch a few videos on YouTube before you go to learn how to use it properly - even for the basics. It is not a point and click camera!

Thanks for that. Is there much difference between the D5200 you have and the D5300 Argos are selling? I'm a total noob to all this.

Cheers,
    M

Thanks for that. Is there much difference between the D5200 you have and the D5300 Argos are selling? I'm a total noob to all this.

Cheers,
    M

http://cameradecision.com/compare/Nikon-D5300-vs-Nikon-D5200

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Few other bits-

1. The LCD screen can be rotated to give you better shooting angles that you can view- e.g. for selfies etc
    2. There are 39 focal points on the screen- versus 11 on the D3300
    3. Better LCD Screen- its 3.2" versus 3.0" and has 1037 dpi- versus 921dpi
    4. Time lapsed shooting- versus none
    5. Wifi control from your mobile with special Nikon App
    6. 15% longer battery life
    7. Better ISO rating (about 1390 versus 1340 on the D3300)- i.e. a little better for low light shots.

All-in-all, its a very slight improvement on the D3300.
    Both the D3300 and the D5300 are on the way out- they were released in Oct. 2014 for sale on the Christmas market- curiously, at the outset- the D5300 was priced about 50 quid lower than the D3300.

Both are now clearance items- if you go online you can find them both at around the 250 mark- which is roughly half their initial price.........

Either make a good introduction camera for someone beginning digital photography- the Nikon F mount means you can get decent lenses for them from older cameras fairly handily.

Is the D5300 a reasonable improvement over the D3300- no, its incremental on numerous grounds. The D3500 would be a good improvement on the D3300- in a similar manner the D5500 is a more notable camera than its older sibling the D5300.

If you have a D3300- not really any point in getting a D5300- a D3500 or a D5500- yes, but not a D5300.............

You can get a new D5300 for €250 ?? So the Argos price of €330 isn't a really great deal ???

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

MCAFEE internet security 330/8644 for 3.00

Good price all right.
    You can add additional codes to your account to get additional years on the same subscripion

What additional codes are you referring to as would buy & take a couple of extra years at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Basil3 wrote: »
    MOD EDIT: NO CHAT IN THIS THREAD. PLEASE USE http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057752738
    Good price all right.

What additional codes are you referring to as would buy & take a couple of extra years at that price?

You have to wonder do some people be awake when they're reading through the threads and decide to reply :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Got a message saying my reservation of the vax arrived, I remember someone saying they had no luck, tried myself and the same, said it was a price error

McAfee causes more problems than it fixes to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭VanZan

Anyone having problems with the price tracking on checkargos.com? Doesn't seem to be notifying me. Also I can't seem to select a tracked item in order to remove it. Not sure if it's my browser setup or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Good price all right.

Each pack gives you a code valid for one year. If you buy five packs, you get five individual codes and these can be added to your account to give you give years service. I have added seven to my account. No problem.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Each pack gives you a code valid for one year. If you buy five packs, you get five individual codes and these can be added to your account to give you give years service. I have added seven to my account. No problem.

Cheers.

Advertisement