Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,319 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

There are loads of American websites that do them with different themes like Marvel, Friends, Stranger Things etc.. but I ordered from an English company as I have all the patience of a hare and I wanted no theme, just surprises all the way. You can custom make your own with loose themes like quirky, tech, etc.. they even have an alcohol option just for you Poochie! :D
    https://themysterygiftbox.com/
    Write a review when you get it, it looks interesting!

I'm TH it's Friday, well technically it's Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Ronnie bashing the balls around, and giving away frames to Selby; and still wins.

Wins 3 in a row to win 17-16.

Plus Ronnie talking his usual rubbish in the post match interview... Golf/Fred Davis/Djokovic/cue action all got a mention :D

And Salty Selby going on about Ronnie 'disrespecting the game'.

Great day for snooker fans.

I’m a fairweather snooker fan and a masssive Ronnie fan so tune in when he’s playing.
    Was supposed to meet friends for drinks at 9.15 but could not drag myself away!
    When he went 16-14 down I said ah feck and started putting on a bit of slap. By the time I was done he had peeled off two fast ones. It was absolutely thrilling! Today/tomorrow will be nowhere near the same so delighted I kept watching.

TH that I can put on a few more clothes :pac:

It was ruddy sweltering just a few short hours ago - there wasn't much left to take off :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

This could have been in the Trivially Annoying thread, but yesterday I used a trimmer to cut my hair (on the back and sides). There are several fittings, but one is adjustable. I accidentally changed the adjustable one at the last moment from 7mm to 3mm, but I'm loving the shorter cut. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement

I was quite near the front of a longish queue for the Strangford to Portaferry ferry today. If you know the area well, there’s a “Keep Clear“ on the road, to allow cars from a side road to come out of the side road and turn south (away from the ferry) rather than be boxed in. I’d been there about ten minutes and a woman came up to her car in the side road, eased out towards the queue, and then began to force her way into the queue. I decided to adopt an Ellen or Ryan approach to this - Kindness. So I let her in.

As cars went onto the ferry, which could best be described as “bijou”, it was clearly filling up and, yes, you guessed it, I was stopped at the top of the ramp. With the cars following me being now diverted into a car park, I made a mental note to use the “Every man for himself” approach in future.

But hey, they all squeezed up in the bed and the marshaller waved me aboard. Kindness does work!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Walking across a field a couple of hours ago, a swallow started circling around me, chasing insects on the wing. It got really close at times, barely missing me - focused on the hunt. A nice little Disney moment there.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Got my 6 yo daughter off her stabilizers this weekend she’s delighted with herself :)

TH from the "amusement value" of a previous post.

'kindness' = An Ellen or Ryan approach :pac: :pac: :D

A"Preach" more like if it's the 2 people I'm thinking about :D

Is that the same "Be kind to each other" broad, who won't stand for any of her underlings to even look at; never mind speak, to her :D:D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

cancelling a subscription of an account is a load off my mind :D was rather pricy and was a website that was rather bold :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Without Borders

cancelling a subscription of an account is a load off my mind :D was rather pricy and was a website that was rather bold :o

My friend wants to know the name of that website.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The soccer results from European games this week

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MzMurfy

Last night shift for a few days and the forecast is to rain tomorrow... Thank the lord! Finally a proper sleep without waking up and feeling as if I am melting!

Its a do nothing day. Delighted with life :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

My daughter watches, amongst others, a cartoon called True and the rainbow kingdom which has a wishing tree in it. We have a weeping willow in our back garden which I noticed looks a bit like the wishing tree so I pointed it out to her last week and she agreed yes it does look like it! So yesterday I got it all ready while she was napping. I strimmed and cleared out all that would be the floor and then put in all the bits and bobs. I used two long sun lounger cushions as the floor, hung battery operated love heart lights from the branches inside and hung some other decorations. Then drew a door on the trunk to knock on, where I told her the secret squirrel lived. Put in a wee garden ornament aswell that's for plant pots, that had little bunnies on it and left a freddo bar in there, telling her that the fairies left it for her. I noticed I had a big smile on my face when I was getting it ready. Part of that is that I knew it would make her happy of course but another part I think, was doing stuff like you did as a kid i.e, building a fort. Good for the head and the heart. The main thing is she loved it though. :)

I decided to treat myself to a mini spa day at home after I had my medical treatment. My feet are soaking in a foot bath with Himalayan salt, and I have a sheet mask on my face. I may or may not take a nap after :D

I'M SITTING IN COSTA COFFEE!!!!

I was looking for a table that had space around it and a man gave me a knowing smile, it said "sure this is it now". HUMAN CONNECTION!!!!!!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

In a book shop and just to smell the fresh pages Is enough for me :) I missed browsing through different aisles, look up on different authors and to feel a hardback book in my hands :)

I die a happy woman now :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Autosport wrote: »
    In a book shop and just to smell the fresh pages Is enough for me :) I missed browsing through different aisles, look up on different authors and to feel a hardback book in my hands :)

I die a happy woman now :D
    ...Was it Chapters?....

New Home wrote: »
    ...Was it Chapters?....

No it wasn’t

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah, well...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Told my supervisor to stick her attitude up her hole (paraphrasing) before reporting her to my manager for bullying (that's just the small pinch of how she was treating me as a whole for 2 months)

Manager responded by telling me she was a bitch her whole career when it came to talking to new coworkers and will never change, asked me if I wanted to go ahead with the report, or if I want to come back to working for my manager. I said the latter, and she pulled me out of the location I was working in, gave me my entitled holiday days and now I'm back to work for that manager next Monday, where I fcking belong, with nice people who actually have way too much decency in them.

I've never been so relieved in my life while working here. I don't deserve this amount of kindness. I actually cried on the phone to my partner when I told her the news - a weight truly lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Was sick for a while and couldn't leave the house the doctor said. Am feeling slightly more human and soon I will enter the outside world again. I see a coffee with my name on it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I have been a bit down in the dumps this past while so yesterday I ordered myself a mystery gift box that I will hopefully get next week and it has helped cheer me up, I'm like a kid coming up to Christmas now wondering what I'm going to get. I even paid extra to have everything inside the box gift wrapped just to have the extra bit of childlike anticipation.
    This arrived today and I tore the box open like a child possessed! I'm happy out with what I got, there is nothing I need here but some stuff to while away lockdown boredom and hopefully help keep the ol' demons at bay. I won't list all eleven things I got but my favourite is the smallest one, a Deadpool stress ball that I think is funny looking, it just makes me laugh! I also received a few days ago the Christmas jumper I will be wearing as soon as the temperature drops and I have gone for a Batman jumper cos I'm a big nerd. All in all I'm like a child again right now and that ain't a bad thing except I had to clean up all the wrapping paper myself instead of my Ma and Da doing it.

https://ibb.co/H4PPXXC
    https://ibb.co/cX0922J
    https://ibb.co/vBHshrG
    https://ibb.co/CQvhMtL
    https://ibb.co/8YGh3BW

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MzMurfy

Have been in a bit of a funk lately, but seem to be coming out of it now. I'm reading a good book, it's lashing rain, I'm warm and in fresh pj's.

It's definitely the weird little things in life!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

This arrived today and I tore the box open like a child possessed! I'm happy out with what I got, there is nothing I need here but some stuff to while away lockdown boredom and hopefully help keep the ol' demons at bay. I won't list all eleven things I got but my favourite is the smallest one, a Deadpool stress ball that I think is funny looking, it just makes me laugh! I also received a few days ago the Christmas jumper I will be wearing as soon as the temperature drops and I have gone for a Batman jumper cos I'm a big nerd. All in all I'm like a child again right now and that ain't a bad thing except I had to clean up all the wrapping paper myself instead of my Ma and Da doing it.

https://ibb.co/H4PPXXC
    https://ibb.co/cX0922J
    https://ibb.co/vBHshrG
    https://ibb.co/CQvhMtL
    https://ibb.co/8YGh3BW

D'ya know, I think I'll treat meself. I love how they're all wrapped up like presents. What is that hairdryer looking yoke?

Probably a keyboard cleaner.

Enjoying the little things today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭LilacNails

I was cold in theh house today and the minute I stepped outside, the heat I felt on my skin was like heaven... Love love that feeling of a warm sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Looked out the window this morning to see my cat walking down to visit my boyfriends parents. I called out to say hello to him and he turned and ran at full speed back up to our house. I let him in and he was so cuddly. Such a cutie.

I've been back in my classroom this week trying to get all set up. I'm super nervous about going back but so excited to see my little kiddies. I've missed them a lot! It's good to be back in my room again and setting it up for another year, even if it's a little different than usual.

Advertisement