Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-10-2019, 15:12   #46
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blandpebbles View Post
I guess you didn't check out ****** then, oooops, costly mistake.
well not really as i didnt buy in greystones lovely town but too far out for me personally.
Advertisement
22-10-2019, 15:26   #47

Quote:
But from your messages you aren't living next door to them
Well I kind of do actually. My house backs onto theirs.

You seem to have dodged my question, what should society do with these people in your opinion??? Where should they live in your opinion?
22-10-2019, 15:55   #48
fleur86

Quote:
Direct feedback from folks living there. As well as a degree of shock when they realized there was social housing in the estate. But that is their own fault for not doing their homework.
Well we're living there and haven't heard or seen any of the issues you mention, or heard that opinion from any of our neighbours in the Park, unless it was an earlier phase you heard this in. Everyone seems happy where we are anyway.
(2) thanks from:
22-10-2019, 16:09   #49
lfen

It could be that the houses that are left in Glenheron are not shifting due to garden aspect. They are all North facing.

We have been down 3 times at this stage and it seems like a lovely area.

I also spoke with a resident and he felt that a lot of the “social housing” talk came from one resident in particular, which was then blown out of proportion. One of the examples he gave was that kids did a nick nock on this particular residents door and the guards were called.

For anyone wondering, Farrankelly and Churchlands will have social housing. Don’t think Eastmount does.
Thanks from:
22-10-2019, 16:14   #50
Creamy Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfen View Post
It could be that the houses that are left in Glenheron are not shifting due to garden aspect. They are all North facing.

We have been down 3 times at this stage and it seems like a lovely area.

I also spoke with a resident and he felt that a lot of the “social housing” talk came from one resident in particular, which was then blown out of proportion. One of the examples he gave was that kids did a nick nock on this particular residents door and the guards were called.

For anyone wondering, Farrankelly and Churchlands will have social housing. Don’t think Eastmount does.
they called the guards over a nick nack? Seriously? It can't be that long since they've been kids.
Advertisement
22-10-2019, 16:19   #51
lfen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
they called the guards over a nick nack? Seriously? It can't be that long since they've been kids.
That’s what I’m told.

A few minor burglaries also as in tools, bikes etc but that can happen anywhere and obviously isn’t related to social housing.
22-10-2019, 16:23   #52

Quote:
As a child of a council estate I have fond experiences of it but also the drive to better myself.

A small house, meager living all inspire. There are plenty of successful, thriving council estates in Greystones.

Giving someone the same house as that bought by someone working hard and paying taxes only engenders a lack of drive to excel and causes animosity in the neighbourhood.

Unfortunately the council seem not to favor the open building of council estates but rather the back door approach of buying houses in new or established estates e.g. Glenheron and Charlesland.

I would be interested to hear your views on why lovely 3 bed semis not near the school or main road in Glenheron are not selling.
Nice dodge, I see my questions remain unanswered.

For clarity my questions were:
what should society do with these people in your opinion??? Where should they live in your opinion?
22-10-2019, 16:40   #53

Quote:
I answered you.
No, you had a rant but didn’t offer any answers to my questions. I still don’t know what you would suggest. I see that you feel begrudged.

Quote:
Seems like you are extremely happy with 'these people' living next to you.
To date I have no issues with anyone in my estate. Hopefully it stays that way. So yes I’m quite content.
22-10-2019, 17:01   #54
awec

Mod: Rugby, ZTest
Social housing is unlikely to be the reason Glenheron isn't selling those few houses. All the other developments in Greystones that have it are selling no bother.

Not really sure why Blandpebbles is being so secretive, they posted a few weeks ago they bought a house in Waverly.

Last edited by awec; 22-10-2019 at 17:30.
Advertisement
22-10-2019, 17:46   #55
awec

Quote:
What other developments are selling no bother?

And I am mysterious
Seagreen and Churchlands for example.

Waverly has a large field behind it, owned by Cairn Homes, zoned for residential development, and that will definitely have social housing in it if it goes ahead.
22-10-2019, 17:58   #56
awec

Quote:
Seagreen currently has 5 houses for sale however none of these houses currently border social housing. Social housing is being built on other side of road, in, one might say, it's own estate.

Churchlands has no confirmed sales as yet only some booking deposits and they have not communicated which houses are social but the two rows are not currently bordering social housing based on the site plan as they back on to fields.

The Cairn homes area is a separate estate which will which will border the top row of houses in Waverly but be separate by estate walls i.e. not in Waverly.
Yes, and across the road the houses had no problem selling.

People have booked houses in Churchlands knowing there is social housing going in there, exact same as they did in Seagreen.

It may be a "separate" estate, but I am pretty sure that Waverly has no mgmt fees so will be handed over to Wicklow CoCo when it's done, so there is nothing to stop the entrance to this new estate being within Waverly.
22-10-2019, 18:09   #57
awec

Quote:
My point is none of these estates have social housing adjoining other houses as it does in Glenheron.

Waverly has already been taken over by the council and the entrance to the Cairn estate will be via the field oppposite Redford cemetery. This is to alleviate congestion on the Delgany road.
Yes they do. The social houses are literally joined on to houses that are not social houses.

In fact, in Seagreen, the houses in the same cul-de-sacs as the social houses were among the very first to sell.

I'm not dismissing your concern, I just don't see it as as big a deal and nor do others and I don't believe it's the reason Glenheron has those houses left. These social gaffs don't mean you're getting a family on the dole in beside you. These will be working families with lower incomes.
22-10-2019, 19:17   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by awec View Post
Yes they do. The social houses are literally joined on to houses that are not social houses.

In fact, in Seagreen, the houses in the same cul-de-sacs as the social houses were among the very first to sell.

I'm not dismissing your concern, I just don't see it as as big a deal and nor do others and I don't believe it's the reason Glenheron has those houses left. These social gaffs don't mean you're getting a family on the dole in beside you. These will be working families with lower incomes.
That’s grand I can respect your opinion.
23-10-2019, 08:26   #59
Cluster

Quote:
That’s grand I can respect your opinion.
Just zero respect for Social housing families. Your veil has well and truly slipped
23-10-2019, 09:07   #60

Quote:
I think closing out a debate with a healthy respect for others opinions would have been enough but you have to come back with some nonsense.
It might be an idea to have respect for other people too, including those that live in social housing.

This sort of statement shows a lack of respect: “Well if by negative you mean not willing to shell out 450k or more for somewhere that is possibly problematic then guilty.

Honestly, why would i choose to live in a potentially troublesome environment?”.

In the real world “potentially troublesome environments” are not confined to social housing.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion