Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-11-2015, 14:37   #16
loyatemu

It will help as there will now be 2 ways of getting to the schools and Lidl rather than all traffic having to funnel through the junction at McDonalds Lidl. Also kids from Applewood, Kenmare Heights etc may be more likely to walk to school if there is a less roundabout route. They do need to complete the upgrade all the way through to Delgany Wood though.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-11-2015, 20:27   #17
pixbyjohn

The residents of Applewood Heights won't be too impressed with the extra volume of traffic through their estate
(2) thanks from:
16-11-2015, 23:35   #18
Merrilady

Wow, thanks so much for the info.
The site is where I thought it was alright, beautiful area, but my goodness where will the cars go. I confess, I don't know much about the proposed new road, but am learning now. Thanks again
17-11-2015, 09:39   #19
loyatemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixbyjohn View Post
The residents of Applewood Heights won't be too impressed with the extra volume of traffic through their estate
Yeah, hadn't thought of that - it'll definitely be faster for residents of the new estate to drive through Applewood to the village than to battle through 2 or 3 sets of traffic lights at Blacklion.
Thanks from:
17-11-2015, 09:44   #20
Taltos

Which might be part of the reason the Applewood residents tried and failed a number of years ago to block off / restrict access to the estate from the top of the road.
Advertisement
17-11-2015, 20:08   #21

Applewood is no longer on the "edge" of town. There are pros and cons to that. They'll just have to get used to the new situation.
Thanks from:
17-11-2015, 22:43   #22
beepbeeprichie

Don't remember ever waking up to that view in Greystones! Bit of false advertising really.....you can see Snowdonia on the odd day......if it's pointed out to you.......and you squint enough... you can just about make out it's outline....you think.
Hilarious sales pitch, hopefully the new residents aren't too disappointed
Thanks from:
18-11-2015, 08:07   #23
Zoo4m8

Woke up to that view three times this autumn and have the photos to prove it....

But it certainly is an unusual inducement to buy a house, aimed at the terminally optimistic maybe?
18-11-2015, 11:08   #24
Alun

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeeprichie View Post
Don't remember ever waking up to that view in Greystones! Bit of false advertising really.....you can see Snowdonia on the odd day......if it's pointed out to you.......and you squint enough... you can just about make out it's outline....you think.
I've seen it a good few times, and I don't even live in Greystones What you want is a good cold, clear winter's day with no haze and you can see Snowdonia as clear as a bell with the naked eye. Back in 2010 when we had the bad snow I was up on Kindlestown Hill and you could make out snow on the tops of the Welsh mountains too.
Advertisement
21-11-2015, 11:12   #25
Cmck1985

Any idea on price range? I believe Sherry Fitz had a pre public launch during the week
24-11-2015, 13:07   #26
Merrilady

No prices yet apparra, wasn't at the meeting myself but emailed and I was sent a brochure with site and house plans
Thanks from:
30-11-2015, 13:17   #27
sinead81

Will definitely be interesting to see how the extra cars cope going through applewood. It will be a nightmare to turn right at the Vets towards Tesco. Isn't there another development going beside Seagreen? I thought I saw 2 x signs advertising 2 x developments at the site entrance
30-11-2015, 13:23   #28
loyatemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinead81 View Post
Will definitely be interesting to see how the extra cars cope going through applewood. It will be a nightmare to turn right at the Vets towards Tesco. Isn't there another development going beside Seagreen? I thought I saw 2 x signs advertising 2 x developments at the site entrance
there are 2 more developments going beside the schools opposite Lidl
20-12-2015, 15:35   #29

I see the website (as per post #10) has been updated and expanded.
Snowdonia has vanished in the sea mists
But drawings and specs of the 3 and 4 bed houses are up.
Look very nice. They have taken a completely different tack to the Carrig Mill development in complying with new building regs which require an energy efficient home. There are no heat pumps or solar PV panels. Instead they have gas condensing boilers and solar thermal panels. Plus a radiator in the landing area to distribute any excess solar heat after the hot water cylinder has been heated. Which presumably will heat up nicely during the summer months
Also rainwater harvesting. This seems to be the same builder that developed the Delgany Wood area.

Anyway, they look well designed, and should be cheap and trouble free in terms of maintenance and running costs.
21-12-2015, 07:06   #30
vinpaul

Just been looking at an earlier promotional article about Seagreen. It was in Irish Times on 30th October heading "Go Wales-spotting from Greystones". Glad to see that seeing Wales has been deleted, but there is a final sentence that says "The Dart station at Greystones is a 15-minute walk from Seagreen".
That's some claim. You'd be doing well to get to Tesco in 15 minutes!!!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion