Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Is this maybe because some smaller dogs just go mental upon seeing another dog not matter what the owner does? No way of controlling that and they do no harm except for barking so just ignore it?

How do you keep a dog calm that just doesn't want to be calm? Impossible.

It’s the lead part. If an owner has one of those leads that you can “let out” or “lock” but they don’t so their little dog goes off barking and snarling and your dog.

I don’t mind a dog like that once their under control. I’ll let my dog off for a “run” when there’s nobody around.

If she runs over to someone as they appear I’ll go over, get her back on the lead and apologise. I won’t keep walking or shouting from 100 meters away.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

When someone in a lecture thinks it's their duty to ask constant questions, jump ahead of the lecturer and generally give the lecture. Shut up shut up shut up. Its after 9pm and I have not paid good money to hear you sh#te on... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

My daughter who is friends with a Chinese girl, told me how the other kids avoided her and made nasty comments about the virus going around. I don't blame really the children, but I am shocked that parents would in still that segregation, fear, and racism in their kids.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

TA that we live in a world where we're banning plastic straws* but we still need signs in eateries to tell you not to throw the plastic baskets in the bin.

*I'm all for banning plastic straws btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My cold is now at day 18 - FFS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

When someone displays absolutely no backbone whatsoever, despite the fact that it would have been very easy for them to have done so. Genuinely infuriating.

Finding out that one of the best posters on the site has left us. She'll be missed by all who care about fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,346 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Candie wrote: »
    Finding out that one of the best posters on the site has left us. She'll be missed by all who care about fairness.

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Candie wrote: »

EB? So sad to hear that! She was witty, articulate and informative - all of the good things, and had a way with words I could only be jealous of. Hopefully she’ll come back again soon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Sandz066

How I let myself get upset by a manufactured holiday (Valentines) because I'm single at 33.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Sandz066 wrote: »
    How I let myself get upset by a manufactured holiday (Valentines) because I'm single at 33.

Twenty years older than you, and couldn't give a flying you know what. As you say, it's manufactured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

My cold is now at day 18 - FFS
    Join the club, I've had barely any sleep this week and I think my cold is turning into a chest infection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

Yearning for someone and Marty on Lyric plays The Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

Paper straws and milkshakes DO NOT go together!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

This bastad weather with storm after storm is annoying me.time for it to smarten now.daffodils out last week and got hammered in the winds.nature all over the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

EB? So sad to hear that! She was witty, articulate and informative - all of the good things, and had a way with words I could only be jealous of. Hopefully she’ll come back again soon :(

The only EB I know is in prison, not closer account...
    TA that I'm out of the loop ..serves me right for leaving for months on end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Ta, The rain's back here, guess it ensures a lush spring when the sun really kicks in.

TA how hard black appliances are to clean to a shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Sandz066 wrote: »

:) with you on that.
    Never actually had a Valentine's ever pushing 40.
    With somebody a few months who has told me he doesn't do Valentines..
    So no valentines this year either :)
    Oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Found out last night that I get paid fortnightly. I never even thought to ask when I started the job.

TA that I didn't ask. Now I have to reorganise my budgets for the next 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Gutted about eb, she has a way with words that I’ll miss tremendously.

I have no tea OR coffee.

The chances of me surviving this day unscathed just plummeted :eek:

• Advertisement

Gutted about eb, she has a way with words that I’ll miss tremendously.

I have no tea OR coffee.

The chances of me surviving this day unscathed just plummeted :eek:

Boards lost 2 big ones lately with srameen gone aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 13,346 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Srameen I know about but I can't think who EB is, please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

cjmc wrote:
    Srameen I know about but I can't think who EB is, please!

Enid Blyton. Great writer.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

This bastad weather with storm after storm is annoying me.time for it to smarten now.daffodils out last week and got hammered in the winds.nature all over the place

I bought snowdrops two weeks ago, they're murdered. :(

Daffs have survived but they pop up at Christmas, over achievers!!

You might be in trouble for that one, D. From what I can gather you can’t mention that poster as it’s against the “rules”.

A mod should be along in jig time to “erase” the reference.

I’m fairly confident it’s ok for me to “quote” your post but it’s still unclear as to whether I can, within the site rules, quote an earlier one. As was, it would seem, this is what caused that, particular, poster to leave in the first place but the “offending” posts were removed incredibly quickly.

Still all seems very strange.

The tide is turning…

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Antares35 wrote: »
    When someone in a lecture thinks it's their duty to ask constant questions, jump ahead of the lecturer and generally give the lecture. Shut up shut up shut up. Its after 9pm and I have not paid good money to hear you sh#te on... :(

So ****ing annoying. Had that on a course I did a few years ago. Two people who liked nothing better than the sound of their own voices. Worse still, we had one tutor who was apparently glad to let them take over. Sure if I wanted to listen to sh1te talk, I could do that anywhere and wouldn't have paid good money to do so. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

People who cough or sneeze and don’t cover 😠

You might be in trouble for that one, D. From what I can gather you can’t mention that poster as it’s against the “rules”.

A mod should be along in jig time to “erase” the reference.

I’m fairly confident it’s ok for me to “quote” your post but it’s still unclear as to whether I can, within the site rules, quote an earlier one. As was, it would seem, this is what caused that, particular, poster to leave in the first place but the “offending” posts were removed incredibly quickly.

Still all seems very strange.

You have me confused now emmet lad.
    Is srameen gone like fight club now and we can’t mention it.lol.

You have me confused now emmet lad.
    Is srameen gone like fight club now and we can’t mention it.lol.

The last two times he’s come up posts have been deleted, warnings have been given and threads have been “locked”.

Sadly, and strangely, no explanation has been forthcoming.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

So ****ing annoying. Had that on a course I did a few years ago. Two people who liked nothing better than the sound of their own voices. Worse still, we had one tutor who was apparently glad to let them take over. Sure if I wanted to listen to sh1te talk, I could do that anywhere and wouldn't have paid good money to do so. :rolleyes:

This one is particularly irksome. She seems to have an agenda about women's issues. I mean, we are all feminists in this day and age, in terms of the pursuit of equality etc. but with her, you just know she is waiting to take offence at everything "sexist" and jump on the bandwagon. She has already managed to steer the course (which is completely unrelated to social issues anyway!) towards contraception, equal pay and the abortion referendum - like, how does she even do it? We don't come to class to debate these things! And she is just sitting there like a barb waiting to shoe in her tuppence worth. I'd say she is the kind that thinks all men are potential rapists etc. Eugh :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement