Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Looks like a barber shop you see in movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Not a place to recline in.

Here's something different, a property without a door!

Inaccessible first-floor Wisbech property for sale for £100

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-51310566

_110707409_capture.jpg

A town centre property is going under the hammer for what might seem like the bargain price of £100 - but the only problem is you cannot get into it.
    The 12sq m river-view first-floor room, wedged between two properties and suspended over an alleyway is for sale in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire.
    However, it is blocked off from both sides and even the auctioneer has not been in, as the Cambs Times reported.
    It is "one of the weirdest" things the auctioneers have seen, they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

miamee wrote: »
    Suspiciously fond of red for all downstairs rooms...then it all becomes clear. The house comes complete with a Man Utd room.

https://www.daft.ie/12378848

500748.png

Which one is the crying chair?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Watching United the past 7 years so they all are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Watching United the past 7 years so they all are.
    Well, any of them facing the telly, really.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Here's something different, a property without a door!

Surely the place beside it would buy it and knock a hole in the wall so that they can use it. Cheap way to add an extra room to the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

https://abnb.me/gy9JjJz7Q3

It’s a bit pricey ... but at least it’s an honest listing ... I guess ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

redcup342 wrote: »

I presume it's a mistake and that's the purchase price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

Dryer
    This is one of a few places in the area that has this feature

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Husband asked in what part of Finglas this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭vrusinov

The description says there's barbecue, free sauna and one can make a noise. Basically it's the place to pass out after long drinking sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Almost certainly not genuine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭feelthepower

I would actually love that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

^^^^ Who knew Bilbo Baggins was a BIFFO?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

miamee wrote: »
    Suspiciously fond of red for all downstairs rooms...then it all becomes clear. The house comes complete with a Man Utd room.

https://www.daft.ie/12378848

500748.png

Man-child home decor.

Was there a Man U duvet in the master bedroom as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Ryath wrote: »

wow ! I would love this !! and bargain at 295k !!!

OK I know it's Offaly but still ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Thats been on here before...someone can search the thread and find what i cost the previous time..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

retalivity wrote: »
    Thats been on here before...someone can search the thread and find what i cost the previous time..

I'm sure I've seen that on here at least twice before - I wonder does it keep getting sold, or is it just for sale for ever?

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm sure I've seen that on here at least twice before - I wonder does it keep getting sold, or is it just for sale for ever?

Think it's just never sold been mentioned a few times before. Originally up for €395k in July 2018

I'm imagine they've spent at least €295k on it though it was built in 1991 so not boom time prices. It's certainly quirky I do like the outside. Might be better just Airbnbing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The interior of that house would not have been cheap and there is some attention to detail. But feckin awful IMO.
    And the maintenance on a non standard thatched roof? That will cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The interior of that house would not have been cheap and there is some attention to detail. But feckin awful IMO.
    And the maintenance on a non standard thatched roof? That will cost.

I'd change the appearance internally but fcuk it, it's gorgeous on the outside. Maybe I'd get rid of the holy statue at the gate though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'd change the appearance internally but fcuk it, it's gorgeous on the outside. Maybe I'd get rid of the holy statue at the gate though.

Uff, it's like something from the set of a kids tv show. How on earth it got planning?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Uff, it's like something from the set of a kids tv show. How on earth it got planning?

123616905-a-lot-of-euro-money-in-a-brown-envelope.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Different strokes for different folks. I think it's lovely (on the outside).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That house settled into a 'woodland grove' and with the inside simplified to genuine rustic would still look like a film set but might be acceptable, as it is it is fussy and twee beyond living in. You would need a full time cleaner and handyman just to keep it in order.

It's hardly the worst it is at a cross roads surrounded by another cluster of houses. They are mile from the village that has a pub and a petrol station/shop. I'd have a bigger issue with the massive 300m2 mcmansions built in the middle of the country side on 2 acre sites in sites in locations where they stick out like a sore thumb. Parts of the country are absolutely blighted with them. A lot of them even ran out money and can't even afford to landscape them.

tumblr_inline_oln7rgeibD1sppt0x_1280.png

tumblr_inline_oln7pbnIZk1sppt0x_1280.png

looksee wrote: »
    That house settled into a 'woodland grove' and with the inside simplified to genuine rustic would still look like a film set but might be acceptable, as it is it is fussy and twee beyond living in. You would need a full time cleaner and handyman just to keep it in order.

It reminds me of the Swiss Cottage in Cahir but that was built as a folly!
    ?width=630&version=2209220

web-chris05399-min.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ryath wrote: »

Quirky and interesting, unlike most of the houses being built these days. Would live there in a heartbeat (if it wasn't in Offaly ;))

Advertisement