Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jobs.ie

• 10-10-2017 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Do they just keep readvertising jobs that companies put on or do the companies update them there selves does anyone know?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Each company who holds an account can update the job listing to go back to the top basically bumping an old post more or less
    As far as I know it's not done automatically

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

mrDerek wrote: »
    Each company who holds an account can update the job listing to go back to the top basically bumping an old post more or less
    As far as I know it's not done automatically

So the company has to do it themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Do they just keep readvertising jobs that companies put on or do the companies update them there selves does anyone know?????

Have you a link to the job in question, maybe HR in the company were not happy with the applicants and decided to re-list the vacancy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It's annoying to see the same job get re-advertised and re-advertised.
    Don't tell me you don't get dozens even hundreds applying before they relist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

A lot of "jobs" on those sites don't exist. Just recruiters looking for new CVs.

kravmaga wrote: »
    Have you a link to the job in question, maybe HR in the company were not happy with the applicants and decided to re-list the vacancy

Its my job they are advertising I started 3 weeks ago now the advert is back up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

A lot of "jobs" on those sites don't exist. Just recruiters looking for new CVs.

I think you're right. Anytime I apply and get a call from the recruiter they usually follow with "I have another role for you" usually saying how I am unqualified for the posted role... But not this new one.

I think you're right. Anytime I apply and get a call from the recruiter they usually follow with "I have another role for you" usually saying how I am unqualified for the posted role... But not this new one.

I'll have to ask why its readvertised me thinks

This thread title reminded me of that After Hours thread comment in about 2009/2010 to the thread title 'Things you don't hear anymore':
    I'm off to work.

hehe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Maybe they're just really s**t places to work for and have a high turnover? I know a particular hotel near me that advertises for reception staff every few months religiously. And this is a highly rated hotel too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Some agencies post fake jobs. They do it to gather CV's so they can say they have x amount on file.

And as others have said they'll repost the same job over and over again.

Both are annoying as you can apply for the same job more than once and that job might not even be real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Grayson wrote: »
    Some agencies post fake jobs. They do it to gather CV's so they can say they have x amount on file.

Both are annoying as you can apply for the same job more than once and that job might not even be real.

Scummy thing to do if true. Shouldn't be fcuking around with people like that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Its my job they are advertising I started 3 weeks ago now the advert is back up

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure your next job will be a better fit

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure your next job will be a better fit

Cheers for the happy message back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

If they've advertised your job again I'd say prepare for the worst....only 3 weeks in they are quite entitled to say it's not working out I'm afraid
    ....but... good luck, the new applicants may be even worse than yourself! So you may yet still be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Grayson wrote: »

I've not seen that happen in recent years. Most likely if you apply for a role and get a call from a recruiter talking about other roles then chances are you weren't qualified for the original role or they have better candidates already.
    90%, no exaggeration, of the applications I get through jobs.ie are not suitable for the advertised role. You get to ask some basic questions on the ad and below are three examples from today. Forgive the formatting I'm on the phone

As this role is field based do you have a full, clean drivers licence? - 'no'
    This role requires an in depth knowledge of the energy market, is this an area you have worked in before? - no but I am a fast learner
    Are you currently living in Dublin or would you be willing to relocate to Dublin? - 'No'

Advertisement