Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

Glass cutting boards...just....why?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Glass cutting boards...just....why?
    Horrible noises off them and they will make sh1t of your knife as well.

Why are there so many weird camera angles being used in Corrie lately? It's a soap not a bleedin arthouse film.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Neighbours have fixed their gates, put lettuce wire on them and left their dogs out of their run. Trouble is, if I so much as fart over here, one or other or both of these fückers start barking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

People who, when finished with their shopping basket, do not put the handles in the stackable position, meaning that I have to rearrange the handles to be able to stack my basket.

These people should be shot with a ball of their own sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Being told how to do something.
    By someone who cannot do the thing they're dictating to me about. In this instance, an old one I just remembered and felt a fresh simmer of the blood, how to put my own contact lenses in!
    I can take on board a new insight or angle, but that's just controlling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Our cloakroom in work where we have our lockers/ hang our jackets has a chair.

Now, a chair is something you park your bum on when you're changing into/out of your work shoes.

Some people have decided not so. This is my personal shopping bag holder.. Or naah a hanger is too much effort , I'll just flop it here in the chair. Not even hang it over the back of the chair, even when it's raining. AAAGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

The fact that people never seem to want to throw out raggedy dish scrubbers. Our scrubber is almost growing legs and will walk out before my flatmates would even consider binning it. It's almost like they're attached it.
    They cost a euro for a pack of 12 so just bin the damn thing when it's falling apart and cultivating bacteria.
    It's like homer with that long sandwich that he just can't seem to part with!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,146 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

18 year old posts constantly popping up!

I've discovered a trick for that.
    I go to my posts and that brings me to the current boards , not 21 years ago.
    Then tap after hours.
    But not the one at the top of the page, the one after your post.
    Works on the phone on the touch site

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

TA'd that my quarantine slob outfit isn't as nice as both of my neighbour's quarantine slob outfits. Feel so inadequate just sitting in my back garden.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Have you brushed your hair and your teeth? Then you're two steps ahead of them! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,146 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Porklife wrote: »
    The fact that people never seem to want to throw out raggedy dish scrubbers. Our scrubber is almost growing legs and will walk out before my flatmates would even consider binning it. It's almost like their attached it.
    They cost a euro for a pack of 12 so just bin the damn thing when it's falling apart and cultivating bacteria.
    It's like homer with that long sandwich that he just can't seem to part with!

Add to that shower curtains and mop heads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I want nice things like fresh salmon and tomatoes for dinner, fresh fruit etc. but can't justify popping to the shops for non-essentials :(

The rat run wh*res using the road outside our house again. They were good as gold up to Tuesday because they knew the Gardaí were out checking. Now they are back doing what they want. I doubt any of them live within 2km of here, and they are all going way too fast. Plus I doubt many of them are carrying out essential business on behalf of their cocooning relatives via the Dublin mountains :rolleyes: Also TA why the road is still being used as a shortcut - surely the M50 is f*cking empty anyway :o

Although I have laptop and desktop screen, I can't seem to do split screen which is slowing my productivity right down as I usually have two screens on the go. TA I am a technospa so just cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The term "this virus knows no borders" in relation to covid-19.

Oh I am sorry. I didn't realise covid-19 was so intelligent and sentient.

Do other viruses trek across the globe but come to the border of a country and say: "feck that, I am not going in there"? Maybe that's why the common cold isn't as prominent in warmer countries presumably :D

It makes it sound a lot scarier in what is already a terrifying existence for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The term "this virus knows no borders" in relation to covid-19.

Oh I am sorry. I didn't realise covid-19 was so intelligent and sentient.

Do other viruses trek across the globe but come to the border of a country and say: "feck that, I am not going in there"? Maybe that's why the common cold isn't as prominent in warmer countries presumably :D

It makes it sound a lot scarier in what is already a terrifying existence for a lot of people.

Or "it doesn't discriminate" - which ones do?

TA my mother's constant use of the term "they are calling for X", as if it has some kind of meaning or clout. She is in "calling for" overdrive since the pandemic. Every time we talk on the phone she will tell me that "they" are "calling on the government for" [insert whatever ridiculous demand that has not been thought through], as if it means something. It means nothing. It's usually a bunch of lefty, knit your own salad types who have penned a letter to The Journal.ie asking for something silly, but the way she says it in such a sincere and darkened tone you'd think there was something to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Antares35 wrote: »
    I want nice things like fresh salmon and tomatoes for dinner, fresh fruit etc. but can't justify popping to the shops for non-essentials :(

The rat run wh*res using the road outside our house again. They were good as gold up to Tuesday because they knew the Gardaí were out checking. Now they are back doing what they want. I doubt any of them live within 2km of here, and they are all going way too fast. Plus I doubt many of them are carrying out essential business on behalf of their cocooning relatives via the Dublin mountains :rolleyes: Also TA why the road is still being used as a shortcut - surely the M50 is f*cking empty anyway :o

Although I have laptop and desktop screen, I can't seem to do split screen which is slowing my productivity right down as I usually have two screens on the go. TA I am a technospa so just cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

I'm so glad you posted that!! Thought I was the only one with that problem. I'm so used to having two screens now I'm handicapped without them.

Let me know if you come up with an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

TA that the majority of ads on tv since lockdown are for some form or other of online gambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Sun tan on only one arm :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

that I'm a getting a 503 error message when I try to access my history here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

branie2 wrote: »
    that I'm a getting a 503 error message when I try to access my history here
    They had to cocoon your history because it was sooo bad.

Everyone else is getting the message

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Everyone else is getting the message

Probably.
    You on phone?
    3 buttons top right corner of page.
    Press.
    Select desktop site.
    Helps spmetimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Antares35 wrote: »

If you're on W10, go to settings (cog wheel) then Display (top left usually), scroll down and select "Extend these displays".

My TA at the moment is that many pensioners appear to have gone "death or glory" recently. I don't go out much but when I do there's a lot of grey hair about.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you're on W10, go to settings (cog wheel) then Display (top left usually), scroll down and select "Extend these displays".

My TA at the moment is that many pensioners appear to have gone "death or glory" recently. I don't go out much but when I do there's a lot of grey hair about.

Hairdressers and barbers are still closed, aren't they? ;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

New Home wrote: »
    Hairdressers and barbers are still closed, aren't they? ;):pac:

I actually think they'd be a market for black market cuts.

blade1 wrote: »
    Probably.
    You on phone?
    3 buttons top right corner of page.
    Press.
    Select desktop site.
    Helps spmetimes.

The problem is at the other end

Back to normal now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The problem is at the other end

Seems to be happening around the same time every evening. Presumably due to higher than normal traffic. I'm having the same issue as you plus 503's all over the shop. Using a desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    TA’d at people who don’t even leave you on read, they leave you on delivered. It’s been two days, I’m not expecting a reply, you might as well just open it :rolleyes:

I sometimes do that. I'd see the message but not in a position to reply, so I swipe it off the screen (see TA below). But I have all my messaging apps in the 1 folder, so it only has a number when I get something new. If I've swiped the preview message off teh screen, it also removes the number indicator on the app, and if it's an app I rarely use, I won't remember the message until I get another message (that I hopefully open that time) to remind me. Once, I had like 12 separate unread threads in WhatsApp.

My TA, when people use screenshot or send screenshots and the top of their phone is so busy! Like, clear your notifications people!! There's no need to have WI-Fi, data, GPS, BT, NFC and everything else on at the same time! No wonder ye be complaining about battery life!

Bet the same people have a shortcut for everything on their desktop.

Also TA'd that I second guess my use of ! the whole time, like i'm being silently judged for exclaiming at the wrong times. Ta'd grammar isn't easier, still couldn't tell you what a verb or adjective is, even though I've looked it up millions of times, and a bit of a grammar nazi I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA my package is spending a long time in customs.
    Gonna be charged for the privilege of them rifling through my new clothes...I can feel it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Also TA'd that I second guess my use of ! the whole time, like i'm being silently judged for exclaiming at the wrong times. Ta'd grammar isn't easier, still couldn't tell you what a verb or adjective is, even though I've looked it up millions of times, and a bit of a grammar nazi I am.

I do this too. I usually go back through my posts/emails/txts and remove most of the ! I've put in. The pressure of not appearing too excited about things!!!

My husband recently told me that he once worked with a woman who had no idea what ! was. She had never encountered it in her life (she was in her 30's at that stage) and couldn't understand it's purpose at all. :eek:

TA for today/last night - my hypocritical neighbours all coming out at 8pm to clap for the NHS and key workers. When the ****ers are still flouting all the social distancing rules and are carrying on with their lives as if they're on an extended half term break. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement