Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

satstheway wrote:
    I have mostly taken videos but notice when I am recording and take a photo it comes out 16/9 and when not recording it comes out 4/3. Not sure of the raw jpeg difference. Trying to get the best photo for a canvas and not sure how to get the best photo or what size print is possible.

Yeah, it only takes a basic image if you're recording video and taking shots at the same time. Stop recording prior to taking photos for the highest quality image. Also make sure you've changed the camera resolution settings prior to taking off, select raw+jpeg for high Res shots. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

But why is it then 4/3 format

satstheway wrote:
    But why is it then 4/3 format

The format settings are under the camera options within the app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

Okay So I am now a drone owner!

I was flying around in the back garden about 16m height and just back and forth and looking around. Next thing I see a helicopter in the distance, I freaked out landed and waited for the helicopter to pass well by.
    It passed close, but honestly its almost impossible for me to tell distance looking vertiacally up, I could see the writing on the helicopter, but not able to make it out if that helps.

So I am self inposed grounded until I figure out the rules and regulations. Having read the IAA site, I assumed 15m and <1kg was zero issues staying away from roads and people.

Can someone help me?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭arek_s

jogdish wrote: »
    Okay So I am now a drone owner!

I was flying around in the back garden about 16m height and just back and forth and looking around. Next thing I see a helicopter in the distance, I freaked out landed and waited for the helicopter to pass well by.
    It passed close, but honestly its almost impossible for me to tell distance looking vertiacally up, I could see the writing on the helicopter, but not able to make it out if that helps.

So I am self inposed grounded until I figure out the rules and regulations. Having read the IAA site, I assumed 15m and <1kg was zero issues staying away from roads and people.

Can someone help me?

See:
    http://www.radiocontrolledshop.ie/img/cms/drone%20safety%20in%20ireland.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Ok for the not camera photo tech folks I took my card to local photo place and it was a no go for a large print they said picture quality not good enough. Never looked at raw file.
    So went to a local photographer and they had a look and said yea no problem with the raw file so they are printing it out for me and Im really happy with the quality.

Great drone all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭mel123

I have zero use for a drone, but after reading this thread i now want one :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Something popped up on my phone, on the app, as I was setting it up about free drone insurance from FIMI?

I clicked the more information button and the page didn’t load. It hasn’t come up again and I was interested to know if this happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

So tempted to get this for a months tip to Philippines recording islands and beaches along with a go pro for snorkelling.

Would probably be a nuisance carrying it around All the time with my backpack etc

MarkY91 wrote:
    Would probably be a nuisance carrying it around All the time with my backpack etc

It's quite large, so wouldn't be the easiest to travel with. You might need to splash out and buy a Mavic Air for portability :D

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    It's quite large, so wouldn't be the easiest to travel with. You might need to splash out and buy a Mavic Air for portability :D
    As a recent proud mavic air owner, I full endorse the air! Its awesome, and would be ideal for your trip, or maybe even a spark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭mel123

Sorry to hijack the thread, but if anyone sees any offers for a DJI spark (combo) over the coming weeks let me know pleeeaaasssseeee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I got a DJI Air for €660 from amazon.it (use camelcamelcamel) so well worth keeping an eye out there for a spark.

digitaldr wrote:
    I got a DJI Air for €660 from amazon.it (use camelcamelcamel) so well worth keeping an eye out there for a spark.

Still anxiously waiting for some footage!

In Wexford at the weekend so will post some early next week!

digitaldr wrote: »
    @digitaldr we need to high five, my Mavic Air from amazon.fr arrived last week! City living does not boad well for long flights.
    I was near ardnacrusha, sadly was unable to fly due to high electromagnetic interference :(

Finding over exposed white to be an issue with the intense sun!

Congrats - my first drone. Really impressed by how stable and idiot proof (!) it seems to be. Still took out the DJI insurance though.

digitaldr wrote: »
    Congrats - my first drone. Really impressed by how stable and idiot proof (!) it seems to be. Still took out the DJI insurance though.

You got it for 70 less than me , so no insurance for me. Great machine, yup its amazing how rock solid it is in the air. Managed to push it 400m in the neighbourhood.

One major downside, weather its the noise or somthing the seagulls keep circling around it whenever I go up. They scare me!

I'd say it'd be more than a match for a seagull - check this out:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

A quick edit from the farm during the good weather the last while!

(Hit that 1080p)

• Advertisement

NUTZZ wrote:
    A quick edit from the farm during the good weather the last while!

Awesome footage an impressive editing too, love the transitions. Thanks for sharing :)

So,
    I am taking images in raw and playing around and making panoramas etc... or at least I want to.

What do people use to manipulate images/video here? Photoshop/Lightroom are subscription based, not a fan of that.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I really want a drone now! Confused as to what everyone is using in this thread though. I want a drone that is easy to fly, onboard camera and has the return to home feature. Which one is which?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

antodeco wrote: »
    I really want a drone now! Confused as to what everyone is using in this thread though. I want a drone that is easy to fly, onboard camera and has the return to home feature. Which one is which?

Parrot have a new drone Anafi you should check, my one is Xiaomi Mi Drone is great but a bit big to carry on airplane, but I think is the best value for money. This video I did on my very first flight, don't mind the bad edition made from a smartphone.

antodeco wrote: »

Im using a DJI Mavic air, has everything you want, fits in a 'large' pocket and only a tad more expensive than the anaffi, im loving it.

antodeco wrote:

If you're ever in the Drogheda area, happy to meet up and give you a spin. The mi drone is incredibly easy to fly, has at least a 2km range and does everything you need. It is large though!

A quick range test from the fields behind the house. Love the auto return to home function :)

tedpan wrote: »

A quick range test from the fields behind the house. Love the auto return to home function :)

You could probably get another km out of it with range extenders for the antennae. Given that you have plenty of petrol in the tank after the 5km trip, it might come in handy.

SBS wrote:
    You could probably get another km out of it with range extenders for the antennae. Given that you have plenty of petrol in the tank after the 5km trip, it might come in handy.

True, I've seen some YouTube videos going 6kms using range extenders for the phantom 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

Hi where would the best place to buy the xiaomi drone from now

Advertisement