Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The wait is killing me!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Woshy wrote: »
    Feel like this is the best thread to ask. As a house seller, rather than purchaser what should we leave in the house for the new buyer? I mean in the way of paperwork etc. I'm trying to remember what we were given when we moved in and I just remember it being a lot of Irish Water paperwork

Property number for property tax is another one along with the pin.

Our vendor only left the front door key with the EA, so we had a locksmith break 4 drill bits to open the back door, we've one key for all the windows in the house (we hope), all the bedrooms curtains were taken along with the white goods on the contracts, we had to source the serial numbers of the meters to get the MPRN and GPRN and now I have to register my PPS number to get the property ID to get the pin number to give the council the property tax.

It's two small things that would make a world of difference especially at this time of year when it's due soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Great, thanks guys. The boiler and hot water tank have both been replaced in the last 2 years so I will leave the warranties for those, plus MPRN and GPRN numbers and the property pin number for revenue.

We had to pay the 2020 property tax and then our solicitor has said we will get that back, so that may be sorted for them but I will leave the details.

I was going to leave a little voucher for the local pizza place rather than a bottle of wine or chocolates just as a little welcome.

The property is currently vacant and the white goods, curtains etc are staying. We have cleaned out the attic and shed. The estate agent has one set of keys and we're going to leave the other set in the house.

So I think we're all set? Just have to do a final meter reading the night before the closing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Great, thanks guys. The boiler and hot water tank have both been replaced in the last 2 years so I will leave the warranties for those, plus MPRN and GPRN numbers and the property pin number for revenue.

We had to pay the 2020 property tax and then our solicitor has said we will get that back, so that may be sorted for them but I will leave the details.

I was going to leave a little voucher for the local pizza place rather than a bottle of wine or chocolates just as a little welcome.

The property is currently vacant and the white goods, curtains etc are staying. We have cleaned out the attic and shed. The estate agent has one set of keys and we're going to leave the other set in the house.

So I think we're all set? Just have to do a final meter reading the night before the closing date.

You sound like the dream seller!

AFAIK its more convention than law, but typically vendors get a prorata amount of their LPT refunded depending on the closing date. This should come to you via your solicitor with the rest of the funds I believe. I've never sold but I know as a buyer I twice paid this sum when transferring all the money owed into my solicitors client account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Does anyone know how long it should take for a Letter of Indemnity (LOI) for apartment insurance to be issued by the block's insurers?

It's the last piece of paperwork I need before getting the keys, but it's been nearly 3 weeks since all documentation has been signed by both parties and still no sign of it!

The wait is tough, especially when there's no definitive date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Snag complete
    Our solicitor happy
    Money on way to our solicitors account.

Looks like green light for go. Close this week or very early next.

Have the flooring guys lined up for first monday in December. Want to get alarm fitted before we move in too.

Looking good for move in straight after floors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Ciarajl

elizunia87 wrote: »
    As the seller bought the house from the Council he will need the consent to sell this property. Our lawyer said that there will no issues unless they house is selling for the investment. Unfortunately, it is been 2 weeks already and she said the Council takes around 10 days to issue the consent. I am hoping to get this next week, since there was a Bank Holiday maybe will be couple of days of delays.
    These things are really taking ages.

Thanks for the update :) Would you let me know when you finally get a response from the council so I have an idea of timelines?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭elizunia87

Ciarajl wrote: »
    Thanks for the update :) Would you let me know when you finally get a response from the council so I have an idea of timelines?

Yes of course. I was chasing our Solicitor a bit so on Monday finnaly got email saying that the consent was issued and the closing date will be somewhere next week. Can't wait for the keys

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭oleard1987

Snag complete
    Our solicitor happy
    Money on way to our solicitors account.

Looks like green light for go. Close this week or very early next.

Have the flooring guys lined up for first monday in December. Want to get alarm fitted before we move in too.

Looking good for move in straight after floors.

Snagging tomorrow ,Foreman has promised 5 day turnaround
    Money transferred to solicitor today including her fee and stamp
    Hopefully we can be closed in the next two weeks
    This is worst than waiting for xmas as a child

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

VonLuck wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it should take for a Letter of Indemnity (LOI) for apartment insurance to be issued by the block's insurers?

It's the last piece of paperwork I need before getting the keys, but it's been nearly 3 weeks since all documentation has been signed by both parties and still no sign of it!

The wait is tough, especially when there's no definitive date.

Mine took ages too, but I think it may have been management agent inertia. Our solicitors ended up going straight to the insurance company and got it through the broker eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

oleard1987 wrote: »
    Snagging tomorrow ,Foreman has promised 5 day turnaround
    Money transferred to solicitor today including her fee and stamp
    Hopefully we can be closed in the next two weeks
    This is worst than waiting for xmas as a child

Why would it be two weeks to close if snagging and turnaround is a week?

Just wondering, as we are about to be in a similar position and turnaround, if we have missed something?

Also, no issues getting solicitor drawdown from bank before snagging?

• Advertisement

Our snag was supposed to be a week.
    Was 3 in the end and we made them work for it.

We had a builder do a very thorough snag. And he went back twice to see the closed items.

Do not rush this or you'll end up sorting it all yourself after.

We're closing tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Did snag #1 last week, re-inspection scheduled for next Monday but no completion cert or closing date from the builder. Very frustrating as we are running out of time on our rental accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭oleard1987

Compak wrote: »
    Why would it be two weeks to close if snagging and turnaround is a week?

Just wondering, as we are about to be in a similar position and turnaround, if we have missed something?

Also, no issues getting solicitor drawdown from bank before snagging?

I'm hoping that 2 weeks is worst case scenario
    Got the snagging back today and very small list
    Hopefully this can be completed in the next 7 days and then the solicitor and banks can push everything through fairly quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Fia11

You sound delightful. Lucky buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

SozBbz wrote: »
    You sound like the dream seller!

AFAIK its more convention than law, but typically vendors get a prorata amount of their LPT refunded depending on the closing date. This should come to you via your solicitor with the rest of the funds I believe. I've never sold but I know as a buyer I twice paid this sum when transferring all the money owed into my solicitors client account.

Yeah, that's that is happening we'll get the majority of it back because of the time we are selling.

The annoying thing though and something that might be useful for someone else to know is we also had to pay our 2019 property tax too. It gets deducted from our salary every month but according to revenue it is not transferred to the LPT department until the end of the year. So it would appear as if we hadn't paid it for paperwork. So we had to pay it and then we will have to claim back what we had paid already in January.
    Just one more thing to think about!

Our snag was supposed to be a week.
    Was 3 in the end and we made them work for it.

We had a builder do a very thorough snag. And he went back twice to see the closed items.

Do not rush this or you'll end up sorting it all yourself after.

We're closing tomorrow!!

Supposed to close yesterday.
    Funds with seller's solicitor
    Our solicitor has searches done
    An issue with searches on seller's side

There's about 50 houses in the estate and this is no 49 to be sold.
    WTF?

Closed!!!
    So we put our house for sale start May.
    Sale agreed end May.

Sale agreed on new build purchase mid June.

Took till the end of September to close sale.
    A pain in the hole. No reason for it. Held up purely by purchasers with no concept of time. Went on 4 weeks holidays. In middle of it.

Painful.

Took couple weeks for builder to prep for snag (he could easily have been ready).
    Large snag list which took couple goes to close.

But tonight we get our keys!!!!

No more waiting!!

Congratulations @Wildly Boaring

Its a long road but you'll forget about it soon enough once you're in and enjoying your new home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Now 12 weeks sale agreed and finally an update. There have been complications with the probate process, but they expect to be able to issue contracts next week. I remain hopeful but sceptical.

Well, 2 weeks later and 14 weeks sale agreed, and there's no sign of contracts and no further information from anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

Signed contracts 4 weeks ago roat, transferred funds the following Tuesday.
    Vendor hasn't signed yet and we have been onto the estate agent 3 times to find out what the hold up is.
    Getting a little bit worried now.

The estate agent had been on our case weekly to get contracts signed. Between waiting on engineer report, high court etc, our solicitor was slow but we eventually tied up our side, so now waiting for them. They seemed in a mad rush initially but now, nothing.

Should this be a concern or just normal house buying slowness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Signed contracts 4 weeks ago roat, transferred funds the following Tuesday.
    Vendor hasn't signed yet and we have been onto the estate agent 3 times to find out what the hold up is.
    Getting a little bit worried now.

The estate agent had been on our case weekly to get contracts signed. Between waiting on engineer report, high court etc, our solicitor was slow but we eventually tied up our side, so now waiting for them. They seemed in a mad rush initially but now, nothing.

Should this be a concern or just normal house buying slowness?

Is it possible they're away? The solicitor and auctioneer should both be pressing to find out the delay in signing.

Arlessienne, hopefully you hear an update soon. We are awaiting land registry original folio to confirm that we can go ahead and close but with Christmas holidays looming I'm not expecting that this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Arlessienne, hopefully you hear an update soon. We are awaiting land registry original folio to confirm that we can go ahead and close but with Christmas holidays looming I'm not expecting that this year.

Any luck with closing?

I'm nearly 18 weeks sale agreed and no contact from anyone or updates since week 12. The probate was supposedly due to be sorted 6 weeks ago but there's been radio silence since then. Still no contracts issued. Waiting for the EA to get back to me now again. At this stage I feel like pulling out completely as I'm sick of being in the dark. On the other hand I haven't seen any other properties that interest me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

How long after request for funds from solicitor? No idea after this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Sparks15

stevek93 wrote: »
    How long after request for funds from solicitor? No idea after this point.

My solicitor requested funds last Thursday. Bank found no direct debit mandate on my file so had to sort that before final approval. Funds were then released on Wednesday.

I was told cut off point was today to have all documentation with the bank in order to drawdown this year so I was anxious to get all of the mortgage stuff done before that.

Sale closed yesterday and keys obtained from estate agent yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Uglysoik1

Sale agreed beginning of Oct. Solicitor got contracts end of November. Silence since then, been chasing my solicitor but no word from them. This waiting game is a killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Mortgage protection insurance taking weeks, I just want to close!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Any luck with closing?

I'm nearly 18 weeks sale agreed and no contact from anyone or updates since week 12. The probate was supposedly due to be sorted 6 weeks ago but there's been radio silence since then. Still no contracts issued. Waiting for the EA to get back to me now again. At this stage I feel like pulling out completely as I'm sick of being in the dark. On the other hand I haven't seen any other properties that interest me.

No. The document will issue any day. Next week will be 6 months sale agreed. All sides appear to be pushing for the close but we've definitely lost time with the order the other side have done things. The main priority now is not to have to reapply and go back to underwriting as it'll delay and be horrible timing, but if it can close in January it won't have to. Waiting with no definitive timeline is so frustrating. Have you threatened to pull out or could you call to EA office in person maybe? It can be too easy sometimes to be ignored with emails. Hopefully you hear back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sueffun

We also went sale agreed end September, paid the deposit and heard nothing since.
    We have the additional problem of living in South Africa and so it's a huge move that involves international shipping which takes 6 weeks for our things to arrive and organising our animals.
    I can't understand went the EA in Ireland are so slow in getting things done, don't they need the income?

Sueffun wrote: »
    I can't understand went the EA in Ireland are so slow in getting things done, don't they need the income?

Nothing at all to do with the EA

They are glorified car salesmen

They get a listing up and find a buyer
    They then pretend to try to speed things up while speaking out of both sides of their mouth to the two parties.

Solicitors do all the work - slowly

• Advertisement

Nothing at all to do with the EA

They are glorified car salesmen

They get a listing up and find a buyer
    They then pretend to try to speed things up while speaking out of both sides of their mouth to the two parties.

Solicitors do all the work - slowly

Slightly unfair and biased post there.

I bought agian recently. I found the EA I dealt with very knowledgeable and she actually assisted us wiht a problem that arose around closing.

The value of a good EA is who they know. In our case, our bank wanted to go back to the valuer for some unknown reason and he'd been non responsive. I mentioned this to the EA and she happened to know the person in question, that he'd recently taken up a new job. She contacted him and got him to move things along, and within half a day the issue was resolved. This is after a week of us/our solicitor and broker chasing the bank.

Don't get me wrong, I know she wasnt working for us but we had the same aim - we all wanted the sale to go through and she did genuinely help.

Advertisement