Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rahillion, Donabate - New build

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Jacdub

I imagine the whole estate will be busy at drop off and collection. I guess its just something we'll have to get used too if you want to be in walking distance to the school. The main road is lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Qwer

denisstack wrote: »
    Thanks, I found this on there:
    http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00401501.pdf

We've also put a deposit on a type C and are awaiting the contract.
    They are old plans from. Master application
    , you need to look at the recent applications you should find the ones thay relate to your area with in rahillion

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

Qwer wrote: »
    They are old plans from. Master application
    , you need to look at the recent applications you should find the ones thay relate to your area with in rahillion

I realised after posting that they're old alright - thanks. I'll have another look.

EDIT - this is newer - http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00563395.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 raja_s

rcallagh wrote: »
    We're looking at no12 The Cresent. It will be very close to the school with a pedestrian access directly in to back of school. Anybody know how busy/noisy it gets?? Hard to know if parents will drive down this way for drop offs/collections
    We're looking at no 8 The Cresent, I asked the exact question to the builder, he said it was not that noisy even during weekdays, but I would check with someone already living nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jacinta086

Hi guys,

We're planning to take a look at this development on its next open day.
    The 4 beds are out of our budget; so we'll be looking at the 3 bed houses - would you happen to know if the attic is suitable for conversion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Min89

Hi Jacinta086,

We have bought a 3 bed and it our knowledge the attic is not convertible. There seems to be a lot of steel beams in the attic and I guess that's why you can't.

Do you know if the attic is floored for the purposes of storage.
    Min89 wrote: »
    Hi Jacinta086,

We have bought a 3 bed and it our knowledge the attic is not convertible. There seems to be a lot of steel beams in the attic and I guess that's why you can't.

I don't know about it being floored. We have just seen the roofs being delivered on trucks and there are a lot of joists. I asked the agent ages ago if they were convertible and he said the builder said they were not. He also said that he thinks nothing is impossible but he is not the builder!

Its probably an extra charge to put MDF on the floor. Just attic space is useless unless it has some sort of floor for storage

Jacdub wrote: »
    Its probably an extra charge to put MDF on the floor. Just attic space is useless unless it has some sort of floor for storage

We are buying a 4 bed Type C and in the plans I posted on this thread previously it says there's 2.1 square metres of attic storage. I'm not too sure in what form that storage comes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Murrey

It says in the plans that there is a retractable attic ladder. Has anybody confirmed this?
    Ideally we would want to convert the attic too but we were told they weren't convertable by the estate agent. Surely all attics are convertable?

Can you post picture of your plans we are buying 4 bed c1 type. I specifically asked about a stira and was told no by the builder. Have it in an email. They're expensive to put in and would have loved if included. Not all Arica convertible as some wouldn't have the head height. But I don't actually think that's the reason in this case. quote="Murrey;105097190"]It says in the plans that there is a retractable attic ladder. Has anybody confirmed this?
    Ideally we would want to convert the attic too but we were told they weren't convertable by the estate agent. Surely all attics are convertable?[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jacinta086

Some one previously mentioned the planning has height restrictions (due to the Mill) so the houses are probably not tall enough to convert the attic to safety guidelines.
    I'm sure you could always convert it for storage, but probably not to a bedroom - which is a real shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Qwer

Jacinta086 wrote: »
    Some one previously mentioned the planning has height restrictions (due to the Mill) so the houses are probably not tall enough to convert the attic to safety guidelines.
    I'm sure you could always convert it for storage, but probably not to a bedroom - which is a real shame.
    5 beds which i presume height resriction would apply to have bedrooms on 3 floor attic space

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tk89

We are awaiting contracts now, what information has been included in the contracts package from the builder?
    Has anyone had issues with the contracts sent out?
    I assume there is a list of contents included and finishing details/specifications in the building?

Jacdub wrote: »
    Can you post picture of your plans we are buying 4 bed c1 type. I specifically asked about a stira and was told no by the builder. Have it in an email. They're expensive to put in and would have loved if included. Not all Arica convertible as some wouldn't have the head height. But I don't actually think that's the reason in this case. quote="Murrey;105097190"]It says in the plans that there is a retractable attic ladder. Has anybody confirmed this?
    Ideally we would want to convert the attic too but we were told they weren't convertable by the estate agent. Surely all attics are convertable?
    [/QUOTE]

I only got the plans from Fingal Co. Council so far. I have requested specific details for our house from the estate agent the other day but no reply yet. The link I posted on this thread previously seems to be broken and it won't allow me to upload the PDF becuase it's too big. If you search for "Rahillion Donabate" here (type it into "Location"):
    http://www.fingal.ie/planning-and-buildings/apply-or-search-for-a-planning-application/search-planning-applications-online/searchplanningapplicationsonline/

you'll find all documents there. Click on one of the results e.g. F17A/0439 and there's a "Documents" tab at the bottom. Plans are in the "Plans Elevations and Sections" document.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Pdbeighty1

We're almost certainly going to buy a 4 bed on Rahillion crescent. We have 2 kids, 4 (and a half) and 1. Does anyone looking at this estate have kids of a similar age?

Getting quite excited now.. they look great when i called out recently!!

We are in rahillion drive just in front of the crescent. We have two girls, 16 & 6 years old. I was wondering the same thing .
    Pdbeighty1 wrote: »
    We're almost certainly going to buy a 4 bed on Rahillion crescent. We have 2 kids, 4 (and a half) and 1. Does anyone looking at this estate have kids of a similar age?

Getting quite excited now.. they look great when i called out recently!!

We are in rahillion drive just in front of the crescent. We have two girls, 16 & 6 years old. I was wondering the same

We are about to confirm 4 bed in Rahillion Crecent and we have one 6 year old girl. Also checked with the builder, the attic will not be floored and cannot be converted because of the steel beams.

Thanks min89 was at the ideal homes show yesterday and was talking to a stira guy. 429€ for stira with full installation and ceiling architraves. I would imagine if we all geoup d together we could get a better price. I'm going to ask the builder how much he will
    Charge to put plywood in the attic space. I have will post as soon as I here. Our boys will be going on 7 and 5 when we move in.
    raja_s wrote: »
    We are in rahillion drive just in front of the crescent. We have two girls, 16 & 6 years old. I was wondering the same

We are about to confirm 4 bed in Rahillion Crecent and we have one 6 year old girl. Also checked with the builder, the attic will not be floored and cannot be converted because of the steel beams.

• Advertisement

Glad to hear theres other kids moving in!! I did have a slight worry my 2 would be a bit lonely.

Are people changing kids school straight away or going to wait until next school year? My daughter is currently in junior infants.

Did anyone hear about the arson near Rahillion, The Donabate Pharmacy was up in flames. It is a bit of concern for me now. I saw the news in Independent.ie I was unable to post a link. What do you guys think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

Did anyone hear about the arson near Rahillion, The Donabate Pharmacy was up in flames. It is a bit of concern for me now. I saw the news in Independent.ie I was unable to post a link. What do you guys think ?

There is another thread on this.

Im not too concerned to be honest. From what ive read online.. I dont think it was an arson attack.. just stupidity. This kind of thing happens absolutely everywhere around haloween unfortuntely, Bins set on fire etc.. it seems this particular dim wit didnt realise fire could spread. If anything this kind of thing will increase the local police presence which wouldnt hurt.

Im not too concerned to be honest. From what ive read online.. I dont think it was an arson attack.. just stupidity. This kind of thing happens absolutely everywhere around haloween unfortuntely, Bins set on fire etc.. it seems this particular dim wit didnt realise fire could spread. If anything this kind of thing will increase the local police presence which wouldnt hurt.

That is what I thought and I really like the Area!!. I hope this is just plain old stupidity!! also, some of the post in other threads doesn't give you confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

Can I ask if you live in Donabat? I am hoping to move there shortly and now I am having a really bad feeling with all this news of anti social behaviour and news of huge developments planned and not much infrastructure. I really worry I won't be able to leave my house after 7pm or so for fear of this kind of anti social behaviour? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mattcullen

Percyxoxo wrote: »
    Can I ask if you live in Donabat? I am hoping to move there shortly and now I am having a really bad feeling with all this news of anti social behaviour and news of huge developments planned and not much infrastructure. I really worry I won't be able to leave my house after 7pm or so for fear of this kind of anti social behaviour? Thanks

I’ve lived in Donabate for 12 years. It’s a lovely area. We live a in a flat and have a young child so have been on the lookout for a house. It’s hard to know what the future holds for the area. We are in two minds as to whether to look elsewhere to settle. It is a great area as things stand but there is a huge amount of development planned and I’m sure there are going to on-going issues with lack of infrastructure over the next 10 years or so, so it’s a tough call. Re the anti social behaviour, there have been issues over the last year in particular. Personally I’d say it’s a small number of kids involved who are very brazen. A lot of organised fights over the summer, egging cars and houses etc. Personally I’ve never had any issue with any of the kids in the area and most of them seem grand. Thing is there are a huge amount of teenagers around and you’ll always get a few who are cocky and take things too far. Not a reflection on the area as such just demographics in my opinion. Can’t see it getting any better with the scale of development planned though. On the other hand you have lovely beaches, Newbridge Park and a really nice community that’s always working to keep the area nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

mattcullen wrote: »
    I’ve lived in Donabate for 12 years. It’s a lovely area. We live a in a flat and have a young child so have been on the lookout for a house. It’s hard to know what the future holds for the area. We are in two minds as to whether to look elsewhere to settle. It is a great area as things stand but there is a huge amount of development planned and I’m sure there are going to on-going issues with lack of infrastructure over the next 10 years or so, so it’s a tough call. Re the anti social behaviour, there have been issues over the last year in particular. Personally I’d say it’s a small number of kids involved who are very brazen. A lot of organised fights over the summer, egging cars and houses etc. Personally I’ve never had any issue with any of the kids in the area and most of them seem grand. Thing is there are a huge amount of teenagers around and you’ll always get a few who are cocky and take things too far. Not a reflection on the area as such just demographics in my opinion. Can’t see it getting any better with the scale of development planned though. On the other hand you have lovely beaches, Newbridge Park and a really nice community that’s always working to keep the area nice.

Agreed, living there two years

There are scumbags everywhere these days

No i dont but i spent most of this weekend there, (during the day) and didnt see any anything concerning.my opinion is youd be complely safe walking around day or night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Feel free to ask any questions, its a lovely area and you wont regret the move.

Up in Cois Inbhir myself, which is located similarly to Rahillion and you dont seem to get anything bad happening

Advertisement