Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Who - 18/03/2020 - 3arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Caronavirus you better not **** this up ha

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they cancel the tour ,the sales for the UK venues are shockingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Well Testaments shows have been cancelled in Italy,understandably , hope they don’t cancel next weeks show in The National Stadium....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Zardoz wrote: »
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they cancel the tour ,the sales for the UK venues are shockingly bad.

The uk tickets seem pretty expensive

Looks like this will be cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

Looks like this will be cancelled

Why ?

Why ?

Virus and the possibility of cancelling events that exceed 5000

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

I thought the thing about events more than 5000 people was a hoax? Hopefully it wont be cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Where did you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

https://3arena.ie/new-page/important-customer-information

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

so its going ahead then

Parade cancelled which is a day before this concert so its anyones guess will this go ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Parade cancelled which is a day before this concert so its anyones guess will this go ahead?

their page says this

3Arena will continue to follow advice from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and The HSE. More details can be found here https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/coronavirus.html

The HSE site does not say about gatherings.

I see in the journal about the parade it says

https://www.thejournal.ie/st-patricks-day-celebrations-postponed-5029661-Mar2020/
    It follows the advice of public health officials.
    but not specifically the HSE

rubadub wrote: »
    their page says this

3Arena will continue to follow advice from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and The HSE. More details can be found here https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/coronavirus.html

The HSE site does not say about gatherings.

I see in the journal about the parade it says

https://www.thejournal.ie/st-patricks-day-celebrations-postponed-5029661-Mar2020/

but not specifically the HSE

Events have been ongoing at the 3arena the past while and noting has happened from them

Annoying all the same as its hard to plan stuff

Any updates on whether the Orchestra are coming to Dublin or is it just the band ?

Any updates on whether the Orchestra are coming to Dublin or is it just the band ?

Way its going nobody will be coming over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Is the orchestra's participation in doubt?

That was a huge factor in my decision to buy tickets, so it would be a real kicker if they weren't involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Is the orchestra's participation in doubt?

That was a huge factor in my decision to buy tickets, so it would be a real kicker if they weren't involved.
    I had posted before saying there was absolutely no mention of the orchestra in the fairly lengthy radio adverts, and I considered it would indeed be a huge selling point esp. for people who saw them before. So thought it odd not to say it.

That is the only reason I have heard to put it in doubt.

If they did pull out it should be grounds for a refund.

The 3arena site still says it
    The Who will embark on a full Irish and UK Arena Tour in March/April 2020 and they play 3Arena on Wednesday 18 March 2020 with full orchestra!
    and MCD
    https://mcd.ie/artists/the-who/
    IRELAND AND UK ARENA TOUR WITH FULL ORCHESTRA

rubadub wrote: »
    The 3arena site still says it

and MCD
    https://mcd.ie/artists/the-who/

Ah yes ,I thought it mentioned an Orchestra somewhere so glad for the confirmation.
    Nice one.

Will be interesting to see what they play off the new album, Street Song and Hero Ground Zero would be great live.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to the gig but my doubts about it happening is still in back of my head

Travelmaster cancelled there service due to low numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If you've got tickets to anything for the end of march or all of April id say you can forget about it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Cancelled.

The Nal wrote: »
    Cancelled.

Balls Is what it is but hopefully this is for the best and summer gigs wont be affected

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Who
    After serious consideration, it is with much regret that THE WHO have postponed their UK tour, due to start next Monday March 16th in Manchester at the Manchester Arena and finishing at Wembley SSE Arena on April 8th. The fans' safety is paramount and given the developing Coronavirus situation, the band felt that they had no option but to postpone the shows.

The dates will be rescheduled for later in the year. All tickets will be honoured.

Singer Roger Daltrey assures fans that the shows will "definitely happen and it may be the last time we do a tour of this type, so keep those tickets, as the shows will be fantastic.”

Pete Townshend said the band, ”haven't reached this decision easily, but given the concerns about public gatherings, we couldn’t go ahead.” He added that “if one fan caught Coronavirus at a WHO concert it would be one too many.”

Unfortunately, THE WHO will also be unable to appear at the Royal Albert Hall on March 28th as part of the annual Teenage Cancer Trust shows, but intend to reschedule that show also, with more news to follow.

Right decision and at least it wasn't announced the day before.

"All tickets will be honoured" - I wonder if we'll have the option of refunds, because (virus depending) I'm due to be away for a fair bit later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Right decision and at least it wasn't announced the day before.

"All tickets will be honoured" - I wonder if we'll have the option of refunds, because (virus depending) I'm due to be away for a fair bit later this year.

Refunds are always allowed for rescheduled dates if the new date doesn't suit.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

Refunds are always allowed for rescheduled dates if the new date doesn't suit.

Ah, handy to know. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

What a pain but probably the right decision.
    Let's hope this doesn't go on all summer.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    Cancelled.

As I said last month ,the ticket sales for the UK were shockingly bad so postponing the gigs till the Autumn or even next year was always on the cards.

Advertisement