Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

which wall mount and method for mounting tv on stud wall

Options
  • 15-11-2017 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

I am wallmounting a tv. Plugs are in center of the wall but unfortunately the wall studs are 24 inches (61cm) apart.

This means one of 3 things.
    - the mount will need to be super wide to span multiple studs and be centered.
    - the mount will be to one side, uncentered.
    - the mount will be secured to only the stud closest to the center.

Tv will probably be a 50 inch, which is roughly 111 cm, or at best a 55 inch (119cm) wide tv.

Id appreciate advise on the best solution to this, i.e. do i install the mount off center on the wall and adjust the tv on the mount, or can i just use one center most stud?

38367028026_e2ea254f67_c.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    I am wallmounting a tv. Plugs are in center of the wall but unfortunately the wall studs are 24 inches (61cm) apart.

This means one of 3 things.
    - the mount will need to be super wide to span multiple studs and be centered.
    - the mount will be to one side, uncentered.
    - the mount will be secured to only the stud closest to the center.

Tv will probably be a 50 inch, which is roughly 111 cm, or at best a 55 inch (119cm) wide tv.

Id appreciate advise on the best solution to this, i.e. do i install the mount off center on the wall and adjust the tv on the mount, or can i just use one center most stud?

38367028026_e2ea254f67_c.jpg

Are you going cantilever (swing/tilt) or stationary ? Eitherway, just catch the centre stud (2 points) and use expanding hollow anchors (4 points) and you'll be fine.

Advertisement