Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lost channels? Look here for transmitter/reception issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

yes. To proper MPEG4 flags to hide stations that don't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Just tuned in Preseli Freeview 45:), Mth Lenister DTT must be down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

FRIENDO wrote: »

Here in Athy I'm getting a signal from Mount Leinster, strong and rock solid as normal.

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Nope.
    Sometimes preseli is strong enough in the south east to win the battle and come through.
    Mt Leinster so far has never been able to do so.
    What you are experiencing is a peak of preseli strength briefly that is able to over ride interference from mt leinster.
    preseli strength constantly varies and in cases where it gets very strong [frequent enough actually] it's able to damage mt leinster reception in the southeast on even stand alone mt leinster aerials pointed TO mt leinster.

All part of the RTENL mistake..

Has Three Rock gone down just now or is it only me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Fredd

Yep Three Rock gone off. Analogue is still there but no digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gkp1

Fredd wrote: »
    Yep Three Rock gone off. Analogue is still there but no digital.

Just turned on Tv at lunchtime and was suprised that my normally stable Arfon muxes on 41 and 44 were gone. had a look at the diagnostics screen and it looked like RTE mux was coming in on 44? Didn't have time to do a full rescan, anybody else notice 3 rock muxes moving around?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gkp1

gkp1 wrote: »
    Just turned on Tv at lunchtime and was suprised that my normally stable Arfon muxes on 41 and 44 were gone. had a look at the diagnostics screen and it looked like RTE mux was coming in on 44? Didn't have time to do a full rescan, anybody else notice 3 rock muxes moving around?

update....all back to normal last night. I wonder if it could have been RTE muxes coming in on 41 and 44 from some distant transmitter due to current high pressure?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I've been getting a lot of breakup on Preseli Ch45 the last few days and even the odd drop-outs on BBC Ch43 which is normally bomb-proof. Just returning to near normal this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

I have had no problem with Ch43, however Ch 49 went down for a short period approx an hour over the weekend which was a first for me.
    Ch 42 and 46 working well.
    I don't have CH45.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Is anyone using a Heinke box having problems?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 20 32870037

It looks like all DTT channels are gone ! There was a power cut in Rathfarnham at 13:15 for about 5 minutes. I cannot get anything on Mvision box or Walker TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Power was lost in Tallaght also

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Lightning causing problems for both RTE and ESB seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭marclt

RTE have tweeted that there has been a power failure at Three Rock, taking down all services.

I got text message. No idea from whom!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

marclt wrote: »
    RTE have tweeted that there has been a power failure at Three Rock, taking down all services.

That is strange. I lost VHF and RTE analogue from 3R, but DTT continued without interuption. Normally I cannot get Kippure, but could that be where it was coming from?

Isn't it a SFN with Kippure as a lot of North of dublin gets both?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

watty wrote: »
    Isn't it a SFN with Kippure as a lot of North of dublin gets both?

Yes, but there is a great big rock in the way. I am near RTE and cannot get Kippure, or at least I thought not.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 frankie55

Hi

im not getting any signal on a sagem picnic and sammy c530 in in Rush, north county Dublin, is the transmitter down or is it changes to the transmission causing this ?

Thanks

edit: maybe its just the snow, i have very weak signal

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭leblanc

Went at 1.00 last night. Anyone else scuppered?

Lost UPC at 12 am last night, not back yet. Rang them and they said they were doing their best to get it back.

Shanagolden, Co. Limerick here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

@ leblanc and markflynn101.

This is the terrestrial forum - DTT and analogue off an aerial.

You're looking for the cable forum. They may be better able to help you.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

STB wrote: »
    @ leblanc and markflynn101.

This is the terrestrial forum - DTT and analogue off an aerial.

You're looking for the cable forum. They may be better able to help you.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54

The localities concerned are not cabled and these posts are obviously regarding MMDS, which technically is as much 'terrestrial' as Saorview is!, though yes I'd agree the cable forum by convention here would be the best place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Antenna wrote: »
    The localities concerned are not cabled and these posts are obviously regarding MMDS, which technically is as much 'terrestrial' as Saorview is!, though yes I'd agree the cable forum by convention here would be the best place.

I dont care if you are being pedantic or not. They dont belong in the terrestrial forum. The services indicated are quite obviously operated by UPC for which these people are paying customers to UPC for their pay service. I was simply pointing them in the right direction (Cable & MMDS & IPTV) as quite a lot of similar UPC clients were left in the lurch since Christmas Eve. It is nothing to do with the RTE DTT or analogue network which are terrestrial networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Apogee

Can someone confirm that Mullaghanish DTT is currently OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,478 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Apogee wrote: »
    Can someone confirm that Mullaghanish DTT is currently OK?

Yes, all OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Denethor

DTT is unwatchable here in Tralee, (Mullaghanish via Knockmoyle)

RTE breaking up particularly RTE 2
    TV3 cutting out every few seconds

This is happening on different TV's on separate aerials

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

mount leinster seems to have disappeared since 7pm last night...could be co channel interferrence since it is on ch 45 but can someone else confirm this for me please or is it a transmitter outage?

Advertisement