Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Light gaming, multi task pc

• 22-01-2021 5:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, so looking for some recommendations as to either bought, prebuilt or custom built pc.

For gaming I'm talking the likes of dbz, jump force, gta, nfs, fable, final fantasy, those kinds of games quality isn't super important honestly anything better than a xbox 360 would be grand. Would only be used for gaming the odd time when bored and not busy.

For multi tasking something that will support 2-4 monitors, with multiple chrome windows, words, PowerPoints. Zoom, teams, panopto at decent quality and smooth running. It would be used more often for this.

Maybe something that can record whats on screen?

Will need monitors not incredibly concerned about quality have a 4k tv there. Mouse and keyboard needed but cheapish ones will do.

Ideally under €800 for the pc not including peripherals.

Whats my best options don't mind buying say lenovo or hp, going prebuilt or building it, whatever best quality at the price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Coyler

Building is just not there right now. Your only option is a prebuilt until supplies build back up again. It's not within your budget but this Dell would cover you. However, I would call Dell and see if they can throw in two 8GB DIMMs as opposed to the one for you. Single channel memory is not ideal. While you're on check if they'll throw in a Dell branded keyboard and mouse. Not clear that they do and those are just dandy.

Second hand market is not an option either for similar reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Coyler wrote: »
    Building is just not there right now. Your only option is a prebuilt until supplies build back up again. It's not within your budget but this Dell would cover you. However, I would call Dell and see if they can throw in two 8GB DIMMs as opposed to the one for you. Single channel memory is not ideal. While you're on check if they'll throw in a Dell branded keyboard and mouse. Not clear that they do and those are just dandy.

Second hand market is not an option either for similar reasons.

Yea I can see that the more looking I do, might just leave it for the minute don't want to pay over the odds.

Advertisement