Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Analytics working except eCommerce data

Options
  • 23-12-2020 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction, there are some very basic questions coming up!

I am looking through the Google Support site and going down a few rabbit holes!

My 2 Wordpress with WooCommerce sites were built in 2012, with a few rebuilds / refreshes since then.
    Google Analytics is working fine (I think). Data is being collected anyway.

The problem I have is with conversion data, it is not being collected.
    There is code on the 'Thank You' page but following a successful order, the user is no longer directed to that page.
    Before I start delving into it and either setting up the redirect or pasting the conversion capture code onto another page, I thought I'd check if this was still the current method of tracking conversions?

I have heard of Google Tag Manager, is this what I need to set up now, rather than trying to fix an outdated method?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FionMc

Sounds like you haven't activated and configured ecommerce in GA. Perhaps previously you were using Goals to see your transaction numbers? You can still use goals of you reconfigure the goal parameters, but better to set up ecommerce tracking support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009612?hl=en

Advertisement