Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Have you ever been groped as a male?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Sonypony wrote: »
    Yes groped numerous times by women, also had my genitals fondled by women rubbing their bum against me, women I've never met before in my life. The sense of entitlement and privilege some women have is remarkable.
    Nah they're just trying to make you want to fnck them.
    It's not entitlement or privilege because they aren't getting jollies from feeling your knob with their ass. They're trying to arouse you. It's for your benefit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

I was on Reddit and see so many posts about men being groped but I have a very sneaky feeling this is confirmation bias. People who are in the minority of anything there can answer a question and give the impression that an issue is happening more than it is.

I just don't know any man who has been groped, even at a club/pub. The only ones are my female friends and that's both in clubs, pubs, in public, on buses, etc..

Yes i have been. In the pub by a drunk female colleague. Its ok to do it to a man. When i grabbed her gee in retaliation there was uproar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

Nah they're just trying to make you want to fnck them.
    It's not entitlement or privilege because they aren't getting jollies from feeling your knob with their ass. They're trying to arouse you. It's for your benefit.

Yeah...no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭NotToScale

Plenty of times in my college days when I was out in bars and clubs. You'd get women pinching, grabbing and so on as you walked around.

Most of it was fairly harmless, but I definitely had a few go way too far like trying to force me to kiss them and in one case actually grabbing me so roughly it really hurt.

I've been grabbed by men too, actually in generally less roughly, possibly because there's more of a taboo about guys grabbing anyone than there was about women doing it.

I've heard absolute horror stories from the 70s and 80s though with guys being total sex pests.

Have things changed? Do women still do that or have we all become a lot more civilised these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It's a fairly constant part of the job if you work in pubs or nite clubs tbh. Would have lost count of the times it happened when I was collecting glasses etc. in pubs / clubs I worked in during college. Used to be a fairly frequent occurrence when I used to go to nightclubs as a patron myself but it's been over a decade since that was a regular thing so I'd imagine it's likely changed somewhat in the past few years?

It's never happened in the bar I currently help out in from time to time but as it's the bar of a local sports club, it'd be rather brazen of anyone to try anything in front of all the other members.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Yep, quite a few times in my 20s and early 30s when out in bars by women and the occasional man.

Once an older woman grabbed me by the crotch in a nightclub and it was very painful. It is a very unpleasant thing to have done to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Nope, never thankfully. I hate pubs though and a lot of the posts above seem to be from bar staff.

I have had female friends and partners tell me that they have been though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Yes. Both front and back. Didn't care about back. Front was rude.

I think it's different to being physically groped by someone stronger than you, and I think it's different to be groped by someone who might want to be penetrated by you than by someone who might want to penetrate you.

A woman being groped by a man is more like a man being groped by a stronger, dominant man, than it is like being groped by a woman. I don't need to experience it to know that I would find this far more troubling than being groped by a woman.

I disagree 100 percent.
    I would rather be assaulted , sexually or other wise by a man than woman pure down to the fact I can defend myself against a man.
    If a woman touches you and you move her hand or there it get to the point you need to defend yourself then she can turn and play the victim and I would be in trouble

If a guy gets punched in the face for touching another guy most will laugh and say he deserved it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

I disagree 100 percent.
    I would rather be assaulted , sexually or other wise by a man than woman pure down to the fact I can defend myself against a man.
    If a woman touches you and you move her hand or there it get to the point you need to defend yourself then she can turn and play the victim and I would be in trouble

If a guy gets punched in the face for touching another guy most will laugh and say he deserved it

I think that being touched by a woman is "less invasive" so long as she wasn't unattractive.

I'm a small guy so I don't think anyone would have an issue with me defending myself against a woman. Being groped by a man seems predatory to me compared to a woman. If a decent looking woman groped me, I'd just brush it off, if it was an ugly woman, I'd push her back.

I disagree 100 percent.

You missed the point. A stronger man, who would overpower you if you tried to defend yourself is what I described. That is what most women are faced with when they are groped by most men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭tritium

You missed the point. A stronger man, who would overpower you if you tried to defend yourself is what I described. That is what most women are faced with when they are groped by most men.

I think you’ve also missed their point- a situation where, at best, you can never ever be the victim, is what most men would face in that scenario: basically shut up and take it if you know what’s good for you- which, for different reasons is remarkably similar to the situation you describe for women

tritium wrote: »

I think you’ve also missed their point- a situation where, at best, you can never ever be the victim, is what most men would face in that scenario: basically shut up and take it if you know what’s good for you- which, for different reasons is remarkably similar to the situation you describe for women

No I got that but it's not the same. You can just leave. [In fact you generally only have a right to use force to defend yourself if leaving is not an option, no matter who you're faced with.] A man can physically prevent a woman leaving.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

No I got that but it's not the same. You can just leave. [In fact you generally only have a right to use force to defend yourself if leaving is not an option, no matter who you're faced with.] A man can physically prevent a woman leaving.

What if the man is 5ft 5in 60kgs (like me) and the woman is 6ft and 80kgs. You're not telling me that the man still has an added advantage. He's shorter and thinner.

What if the man is 5ft 5in 60kgs (like me) and the woman is 6ft and 80kgs. You're not telling me that the man still has an added advantage. He's shorter and thinner.

Yeah that's why I said most men and most women in my previous post explaining the same mind numbingly obvious concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Yes

And as a gay man, women have slagged me when they didn't get the response they hoped for. Like the one who told me to f off. And this was in The George!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Yes and I quite enjoyed it, it was the way it was in the 90's some brave randy woman grabbing my arse then later on maybe get the shift off her.

I think it's more acceptable for a woman to pinch a guy on the arse, because you can guarantee he won't be permanently scarred from it or ruin her life and future.

But I never felt the compulsion to respond in kind, as that's only for the neanderthals and sad fcks.....

Luckily I was supposedly fit back then, and easy on the eye, well framed and confident.

I was the bulb off Shane Lynch from Boyzone, so getting a woman wasn't hard.

Hopefully someone will quote my post, and call me out on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

a few times..

At a gig, while in the middle of the crowd, girl in front moving her a$$ up and down against my crotch, so I moved a small bit back, so did she.
    I moved again, and so did she. She seemed to enjoy my growing hardness !! :D :P

A female friend of my wife did it years ago...
    We were outside a pub, two of us were alone (rest of group at bar/toilet) and she started rubbing my crotch, saying she'd love to see it etc...
    Nothing more came of it , after I laughed it away...

I survived both experiences, unscathed.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Some lady from East Clare at Katy Daly's in Killaloe, back in 1994

I remember it well Capella "You gotta let the music" was playing in the back ground...the music was pumping and at that moment I was never the same again...

I think she's married with kids now, I have never forgotten about it, life will never be the same by Haddaway ironically was faded in after Capella...
    That's forever burnt into my Psyche
    She won't know what hits her when I spin an aul me too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

nthclare wrote: »
    Yes and I quite enjoyed it, it was the way it was in the 90's some brave randy woman grabbing my arse then later on maybe get the shift off her.

I think it's more acceptable for a woman to pinch a guy on the arse, because you can guarantee he won't be permanently scarred from it or ruin her life and future.

But I never felt the compulsion to respond in kind, as that's only for the neanderthals and sad fcks.....

Luckily I was supposedly fit back then, and easy on the eye, well framed and confident.

I was the bulb off Shane Lynch from Boyzone, so getting a woman wasn't hard.

Hopefully someone will quote my post, and call me out on it :)

Need visual proof lol

adam88 wrote: »
    Need visual proof lol

pm me :)

• Advertisement

nthclare wrote: »
    pm me :)
    get a room guys

Advertisement