Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-10-2019, 14:51   #1
mr_fegelien

Have you ever been groped as a male?

I was on Reddit and see so many posts about men being groped but I have a very sneaky feeling this is confirmation bias. People who are in the minority of anything there can answer a question and give the impression that an issue is happening more than it is.

I just don't know any man who has been groped, even at a club/pub. The only ones are my female friends and that's both in clubs, pubs, in public, on buses, etc..
Advertisement
06-10-2019, 14:52   #2
893bet

#metoo
06-10-2019, 14:53   #3
corks finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_fegelien
I was on Reddit and see so many posts about men being groped but I have a very sneaky feeling this is confirmation bias. People who are in the minority of anything there can answer a question and give the impression that an issue is happening more than it is.

As a bouncer in Derry for years,yeah happened a lot,,, welcome at times but vvv frustrating TBH ( married man at the time)
06-10-2019, 14:54   #4
munster87

Yes. Both by women and men.
06-10-2019, 14:58   #5

Many many many times by women 40+ when I was a 16-19 year old working at a hotel, usually weddings.

Hoots of laughter as pulled onto the lap of women triple my age, comments about how I fill my pants lovely etc. Even had a woman offer me sex in the disabled toilet if I was up for it.

As a nervous awkward teenage boy it was very uncomfortable stuff.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-10-2019, 14:59   #6
listermint

Yes. and I've no issues with Me too movement either.

Probably count it on one hand though how many times. So not alot
06-10-2019, 15:01   #7
MorganIRL

I'm a barman, and it happens regularly.. the touching has died down as I've gotten older and married.. but now it's the obvious flirting, even wearing wedding ring.. wife works in the industry so is aware of what happens and receives it herself. But if either of us wasn't in the job, I reckon it cud make things very awkward..
06-10-2019, 15:01   #8
Ironicname

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_fegelien
That also goes for women don't you know?
06-10-2019, 15:02   #9
sydthebeat
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by munster87 View Post
Yes. Both by women and men.
Ditto
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-10-2019, 15:02   #10
blergh

Yes. Both front and back. Didn't care about back. Front was rude.

I think it's different to being physically groped by someone stronger than you, and I think it's different to be groped by someone who might want to be penetrated by you than by someone who might want to penetrate you.

A woman being groped by a man is more like a man being groped by a stronger, dominant man, than it is like being groped by a woman. I don't need to experience it to know that I would find this far more troubling than being groped by a woman.
06-10-2019, 15:09   #11
One eyed Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_fegelien View Post

I just don't know any man who has been groped, even at a club/pub. The only ones are my female friends and that's both in clubs, pubs, in public, on buses, etc..

You’re really only going to get the same here though, no different than reddit or any other form of social media.

Been groped plenty throughout my adult life, and not because I’m particularly attractive or anything, but simply because people who are into that shìt see me as an easy target.

Thankfully though, the number of people who think like that are by far outweighed by the number of people who find that kind of behaviour unacceptable.
06-10-2019, 15:10   #12
Grab All Association

Outside a Garda station 3 years ago by a group of drunk intoxicated girls who not only tried to put their hands down my pants, but confronted my ex fiancée who was with me at the time. Saying she was ugly, she isn’t, and she also isn’t a clinically obese 5ft.2, nor has she crooked teeth like sticks of chewing/bugs bunny. They told her to go back to her own country as my ex is a Floridian.

I was angry and upset at the way they spoke to my ex. It wasn’t until the Garda in the station completely brushed it off, that I actually cared about what they tried to do to me. My ex was the one that reported it immediately and even recorded a video of it. I’d have been okay if they gave them a warning or moved them along. They didn’t even come outside to ask questions. Felt like a right third class citizen.
(4) thanks from:
06-10-2019, 15:19   #13
Kamu

Yes, multiple times by both men and women. Arse squeezed and and slapped, penis touched at a urinal.

Had a much older man position me in the toilets at Heuston Station when I was 15 saying he'd @*#! In the toilets over there.

Had a man ask me out and try follow me home twice, a few months apart.

Had a lady place my hand on her groin saying "Guess it's my turn" and groped my junk.

Had a guy I worked with, who fancied me, say that the girl I fancied wanted to kiss me on a night out; we kiss and before I know it, it's a threeway kiss with the guy also, as he told the girl wouldn't it be wild to have a threeway kiss.

Many more also, and none bothered me. Maybe perhaps the one when I was 15 as I was yet to take a growth spurt, so I was slight.
06-10-2019, 15:55   #14
CageWager

Yes. Hand down the pants with a solid grip on my lad by the bride to be on her hen night. When I made it clear that it was not appreciated I was told by the peanut gallery at her table that I was “no craic”.

Its a tricky one though- If she was attractive I probably wouldn’t have been as upset.
06-10-2019, 16:02   #15
TuringBot47

Yes.

Working in a bar for 5 years during college.
Ugly women who should've been charged with sexual assault in specific instances, and men (hetero I think) thinking they were funny pinching my ass.
Also a flat chested culche female nurse sporting a moustache in St Vincent Hospital when I was on the operating table in pre-op... Not sure if it was some game to try and get young men to have hard-ons before they wheeled them into the operating theatre, but didn't work on me when she didn't have an ounce of femininity. Going back 20-25 years there.

I pity anyone, especially women, working in pubs/hotels with alcohol being served.
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion