Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-12-2019, 11:33   #226
Ciarajl

We did it a little backwards and viewed/offered before we got AIP I did a little timeline out to show the key dates

Viewed Monday 12th August
Offer accepted Thursday 15th August
Approval in Principal Tuesday 24th September (credit report issues to be explained to bank for approval!!)
Valuer came to view house Thursday 26th September
Survey Saturday 28th September
2nd viewing Wednesday 30th October ( we wanted to measure up and see it again )
Received contracts Wednesday 6th November
Requested certifications re: works to the house 12th November
Signed contracts, subject to certificates and paid remaining deposit Friday 22nd November
Certificates received, contracts released, solicitor fees paid Tuesday 3rd December
Seller signed contracts received, life policy and deed of assignment given to bank Tuesday 10th December
Funds requested from bank Wednesday 11th December
Funds received from bank Friday 20th December and received our keys same day under a lot of rushing and pressure as everyone was closing for Christmas.

Delighted to finally have the keys!

Last edited by Ciarajl; 30-12-2019 at 11:35. Reason: edit
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
07-01-2020, 11:04   #227
trigger26

Getting closer, there's a strip of land in between our house and next door, hammering out the details with the solicitors on that, think will hold 10k back till seller has strip of land adjoined to our plot. Started looking for mortgages this time last year, will not be doing this process again any time soon!!
Thanks from:
22-01-2020, 17:47   #228
Corruptedmorals

7 months and 1 day after sale agreed...we are closing next week. Bank accepted qualification of title (fix going on in the background). Has to close before the letter of offer extension runs out. Delirious. Disbelief. I don't think I'll ever be able to listen to someone complaining about a few weeks delay ever again
30-01-2020, 18:43   #229
Butterface

7 1/2 months since we went sale agreed, mortgage funds were drawn down today... approval offer expiring in 4 days! The snagging was only completed yesterday, so I guess we wait to see whether we get all the big fixes done by next week.

Excited to move in.. whenever we get the keys!
(3) thanks from:
31-01-2020, 09:48   #230
twiddleypop

I went sale agreed before Christmas. Probate sale and was under the impression house was not occupied. Signed contracts 18th of January and thought sale was closing following week. Solicitor drew down mortgage funds. I was then told that the current occupants are refusing to leave! They are the sons of the deceased. Now I'm wondering should my solicitor have requested funds before we had a definite closing and should I have been informed the house was occupied?
Advertisement
31-01-2020, 18:51   #231
Arlessienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlessienne View Post
Any luck with closing?

I'm nearly 18 weeks sale agreed and no contact from anyone or updates since week 12. The probate was supposedly due to be sorted 6 weeks ago but there's been radio silence since then. Still no contracts issued. Waiting for the EA to get back to me now again. At this stage I feel like pulling out completely as I'm sick of being in the dark. On the other hand I haven't seen any other properties that interest me.
So 24 weeks sale agreed and zero updates since week 12. I'm now waiting 2 weeks for a response from the EA since my last enquiry. My bank valuation has expired. I'm thoroughly fed up at this stage. There's now a couple of houses that have come on the market that I'm interested in, so going to start viewing again this week.
31-01-2020, 19:23   #232
Uglysoik1

Sale agreed since start of October. Solicitor got contracts at the end of November. My solicitor was off all month of December. I've been chasing all this month, finally this week we got response back for queries from the other side and solicitor started working on it.

So it's been 16 weeks now and the excitement is gone completely. There are definitely more properties in the the market that I'm interested in,don't know if I should pull out completely from this or hang on ðŸ˜ðŸ˜•
31-01-2020, 19:37   #233
aaakev

3 months and 4 days. Sale agreed 11th june 2019 and got the keys 15th September 2019. House we bought was repossessed and everyone said it would take ages. I told my solicitor I needed it pushed on as we were in a Deadline to be out of a rented house by 1st September and that he would be glad to see the back of me after it, he laughed. I melted their heads when things weren't moving and it worked, even the estate agent was surprised we got it closed so quickly as he was expecting 6 months at least. When we went in to sign the deeds a few weeks after we moved in he said he missed my daily calls haha

I decided to be the pain in the hole they just wanted to get rid of quickly

Last edited by aaakev; 01-02-2020 at 00:50.
04-02-2020, 09:11   #234
Woshy

We put an offer in on a house last Thursday morning and we're still waiting to hear back. My head is wrecked trying to figure out what is going on!
Advertisement
04-02-2020, 21:27   #235
Uglysoik1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woshy View Post
We put an offer in on a house last Thursday morning and we're still waiting to hear back. My head is wrecked trying to figure out what is going on!
Pick up the phone and find out.
05-02-2020, 00:37   #236
SteelyDanJalapeno

Clock starts for me today, offer accepted
Thanks from:
06-02-2020, 07:45   #237
Woshy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglysoik1 View Post
Pick up the phone and find out.
EA not answering/returning calls and has not replied to an email my husband sent. It's been a week now since we made the offer.

I forgot how much I hate all this bidding/dealing with EA stuff!
06-02-2020, 11:09   #238
off.the.walls

Went sale agreed in June 2019 got keys in September same year, friend of mine went sale agreed on a new build in March, moved in the week after us, just takes as long as it takes.
Thanks from:
06-02-2020, 19:01   #239
Corruptedmorals

Drawdown ended up very hairy with a last minute home insurance issue. Our extended letter of offer was expiring on Monday at 4pm and it drew down at about 3 lol. Waiting for keys as the last hurdle is fixed, should be 10 days or so. Considering the almost 8 month wait 10 days truly is nothing.
25-02-2020, 18:00   #240
Highcontrast1

solicitors have set a completion date, is this the same date that you get the keys? do you have to wait till the funds are drawn? trying to figure out all the steps involved.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion