Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
25-10-2019, 10:49   #151
Huzzah!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corruptedmorals View Post
Our delay is folio based and being a cash buyer may have made a difference. We had no option but to get the issue fixed because banks won't take a flawed title as a general rule whereas a cash buyer can 'buy now fix later' so it's handy for quirks like that. In general though as previously mentioned delays tend to be legal/paperwork or annual leave or structural based. I have to say AIB have been fantastic from pre-applicstion all the way through to where we are now awaiting imminent news of contract exchange/new closing date.
We're waiting now to hear if our bank will accept a qualification on title. We've a remedy for it, so hopeful it will be a positive outcome. Would love to know how long the decision will take either way, though.
Huzzah! is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-10-2019, 16:05   #152
Sgt Hartman
Registered User
 
Sgt Hartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,278
I finally got the keys to my place last week after 5 months of the worst stress ever. I'd rather have my nasty old boss back as dictator for life than go through the house buying process again.
Sgt Hartman is offline  
(3) thanks from:
25-10-2019, 16:39   #153
elizunia87
Registered User
 
elizunia87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 77
We are waiting as well. Went sale agreed the end of August (26th), signed documents will our lawyer last week, but waiting for the Council's consent as we buy second hand house and the previous owner bought from the Council.
She said around 3 weeks but the wait is so bad. I just want to be there NOW !
elizunia87 is offline  
25-10-2019, 16:44   #154
Mitch Connor
Registered User
 
Mitch Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 37,534
Since our snagging date got pushed back 2 months we've heard nothing - and in this case no news really is just no news...

Its so frustrating - especially when so little information is given. I find it incredible that having commited to paying such vast sums of money for something, it is so hard to get concrete information on what is happening. Its not that things get delayed thats the problem, its that you simply aren't communicated to about it. I am confident the date the gave us was the planned date when the said it, but 2 weeks later I have no confidence that remains the case.

Still, trying to keep myself chipper thinking about finally getting in, decorating my home the way we want it.
Mitch Connor is offline  
Thanks from:
25-10-2019, 20:14   #155
Corruptedmorals
Registered User
 
Corruptedmorals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah! View Post
We're waiting now to hear if our bank will accept a qualification on title. We've a remedy for it, so hopeful it will be a positive outcome. Would love to know how long the decision will take either way, though.
Best of luck with it. Our solicitor did mention that banks can be very unpredictable, issues that he thinks they'd have no problem with they balk at and issues that he thinks are major are no problem for them. In our case we had a boundary issue that luckily can avoid land registry and the bank would have been last resort. I'd imagine the bank should be fairly timely? Compared to how slow legal and land can move.
Corruptedmorals is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-10-2019, 08:35   #156
Naos
Registered User
 
Naos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,186
At what stage is the house yours and the vendor cannot pull out?
Naos is offline  
26-10-2019, 10:19   #157
Huzzah!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corruptedmorals View Post
Best of luck with it. Our solicitor did mention that banks can be very unpredictable, issues that he thinks they'd have no problem with they balk at and issues that he thinks are major are no problem for them. In our case we had a boundary issue that luckily can avoid land registry and the bank would have been last resort. I'd imagine the bank should be fairly timely? Compared to how slow legal and land can move.
It’s already been a week, but it might just be a bad time of year.
Huzzah! is offline  
29-10-2019, 13:24   #158
Musefan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 675
Sale agreed during second week of September. Contracts signed 2 weeks ago. Closing date is 3 weeks from now.
Musefan is offline  
31-10-2019, 16:16   #159
Mitch Connor
Registered User
 
Mitch Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 37,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Connor View Post
Since our snagging date got pushed back 2 months we've heard nothing - and in this case no news really is just no news...

Its so frustrating - especially when so little information is given. I find it incredible that having commited to paying such vast sums of money for something, it is so hard to get concrete information on what is happening. Its not that things get delayed thats the problem, its that you simply aren't communicated to about it. I am confident the date the gave us was the planned date when the said it, but 2 weeks later I have no confidence that remains the case.

Still, trying to keep myself chipper thinking about finally getting in, decorating my home the way we want it.
And pushed back again to January. Infuriating. and I only found out cause someone posted the information on the Facebook group the (prospective) residents set up. No communication from the people we are giving hundreds of thousands to. It is such an infuriating reality. I hate buying a house.
Mitch Connor is offline  
Advertisement
31-10-2019, 17:00   #160
Corruptedmorals
Registered User
 
Corruptedmorals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,048
It's very hard to be left in the dark alright. Seems to be very drawn out to get services connected, hopefully your snagging goes well.

Auctioneer and both sides of solicitors are thrilled our issue is going to avoid land registry so hopefully Christmas leave doesn't affect it too much, awaiting new closing date but if they're positive about it then that's good. Sale agreed 21st June LOL it will all pale into insignificance when we're in but contracts delay and then waiting 2 months to hear about progress on the problem is hard to take.
Corruptedmorals is offline  
03-11-2019, 09:13   #161
Fia11
Registered User
 
Fia11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 59
Also playing the waiting game, but our (new build) house seems to be very busy. When we first viewed it and paid the booking deposit, it was set up as the builders break room. There was a table and chairs, a kettle, a bag of rubbish and random bits and pieces in the kitchen. The EA told us they would shift out, but they haven't.

Now it turns out that the on site security are using it as their HQ. Lights were on at 9pm last night, I actually knocked on the door to see who was in there. I know it's not ours yet, but it will be...and the kitchen is in, and it kinda weirds me out. Will be playing close attention to the kitchen during the snag, but should I just get over the fact that there's people using it now? I wonder how many sets of keys are doing the rounds.
Fia11 is offline  
03-11-2019, 09:44   #162
Dolbhad
Registered User
 
Dolbhad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fia11 View Post
Also playing the waiting game, but our (new build) house seems to be very busy. When we first viewed it and paid the booking deposit, it was set up as the builders break room. There was a table and chairs, a kettle, a bag of rubbish and random bits and pieces in the kitchen. The EA told us they would shift out, but they haven't.

Now it turns out that the on site security are using it as their HQ. Lights were on at 9pm last night, I actually knocked on the door to see who was in there. I know it's not ours yet, but it will be...and the kitchen is in, and it kinda weirds me out. Will be playing close attention to the kitchen during the snag, but should I just get over the fact that there's people using it now? I wonder how many sets of keys are doing the rounds.
I wouldn’t like that if the kitchen is in. Fair enough when its still a shell but when there is the possibility of wear to the kitchen, I’d be annoyed. Definitely highlight that with your snagger. But not sure what you can do. When we were looking at a new build, the neighbours house was further along. There was no show house so basically everyone who had bought a house was being brought it to have a look at this house or if interested in a house. We were left in there for about 30mins unaccompanied. I was thinking I would hate of this was my house and people trawling through here all the time.
Dolbhad is offline  
03-11-2019, 14:25   #163
awec
Moderator
 
awec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 40,843
Mod: Rugby, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fia11 View Post
Also playing the waiting game, but our (new build) house seems to be very busy. When we first viewed it and paid the booking deposit, it was set up as the builders break room. There was a table and chairs, a kettle, a bag of rubbish and random bits and pieces in the kitchen. The EA told us they would shift out, but they haven't.

Now it turns out that the on site security are using it as their HQ. Lights were on at 9pm last night, I actually knocked on the door to see who was in there. I know it's not ours yet, but it will be...and the kitchen is in, and it kinda weirds me out. Will be playing close attention to the kitchen during the snag, but should I just get over the fact that there's people using it now? I wonder how many sets of keys are doing the rounds.
Yes, you just need to get over the fact that it's being used right now. It's not your house and it's not your kitchen yet.

The security guys will just be using it as somewhere to sit out of the elements.

All completely normal.
awec is offline  
04-11-2019, 03:42   #164
Piper101
Registered User
 
Piper101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 447
We are sale agreed since end September and no sign of contracts or contact from the vendors. Our solicitor has written twice and we rang the EA last week but they were off for the mid-term. Any advice on when we should panic?
Piper101 is offline  
04-11-2019, 20:51   #165
redarmyblues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 717
A month in Stockholm from listing to handover is usual apparently.
redarmyblues is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet