Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-10-2019, 10:49   #151
Huzzah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corruptedmorals View Post
Our delay is folio based and being a cash buyer may have made a difference. We had no option but to get the issue fixed because banks won't take a flawed title as a general rule whereas a cash buyer can 'buy now fix later' so it's handy for quirks like that. In general though as previously mentioned delays tend to be legal/paperwork or annual leave or structural based. I have to say AIB have been fantastic from pre-applicstion all the way through to where we are now awaiting imminent news of contract exchange/new closing date.
We're waiting now to hear if our bank will accept a qualification on title. We've a remedy for it, so hopeful it will be a positive outcome. Would love to know how long the decision will take either way, though.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-10-2019, 16:05   #152
Sgt Hartman

I finally got the keys to my place last week after 5 months of the worst stress ever. I'd rather have my nasty old boss back as dictator for life than go through the house buying process again.
(3) thanks from:
25-10-2019, 16:39   #153
elizunia87

We are waiting as well. Went sale agreed the end of August (26th), signed documents will our lawyer last week, but waiting for the Council's consent as we buy second hand house and the previous owner bought from the Council.
She said around 3 weeks but the wait is so bad. I just want to be there NOW !
25-10-2019, 16:44   #154
Mitch Connor

Since our snagging date got pushed back 2 months we've heard nothing - and in this case no news really is just no news...

Its so frustrating - especially when so little information is given. I find it incredible that having commited to paying such vast sums of money for something, it is so hard to get concrete information on what is happening. Its not that things get delayed thats the problem, its that you simply aren't communicated to about it. I am confident the date the gave us was the planned date when the said it, but 2 weeks later I have no confidence that remains the case.

Still, trying to keep myself chipper thinking about finally getting in, decorating my home the way we want it.
Thanks from:
25-10-2019, 20:14   #155
Corruptedmorals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah! View Post
We're waiting now to hear if our bank will accept a qualification on title. We've a remedy for it, so hopeful it will be a positive outcome. Would love to know how long the decision will take either way, though.
Best of luck with it. Our solicitor did mention that banks can be very unpredictable, issues that he thinks they'd have no problem with they balk at and issues that he thinks are major are no problem for them. In our case we had a boundary issue that luckily can avoid land registry and the bank would have been last resort. I'd imagine the bank should be fairly timely? Compared to how slow legal and land can move.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-10-2019, 08:35   #156
Naos

At what stage is the house yours and the vendor cannot pull out?
26-10-2019, 10:19   #157
Huzzah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corruptedmorals View Post
Best of luck with it. Our solicitor did mention that banks can be very unpredictable, issues that he thinks they'd have no problem with they balk at and issues that he thinks are major are no problem for them. In our case we had a boundary issue that luckily can avoid land registry and the bank would have been last resort. I'd imagine the bank should be fairly timely? Compared to how slow legal and land can move.
It’s already been a week, but it might just be a bad time of year.
29-10-2019, 13:24   #158
Musefan

Sale agreed during second week of September. Contracts signed 2 weeks ago. Closing date is 3 weeks from now.
31-10-2019, 16:16   #159
Mitch Connor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Connor View Post
Since our snagging date got pushed back 2 months we've heard nothing - and in this case no news really is just no news...

Its so frustrating - especially when so little information is given. I find it incredible that having commited to paying such vast sums of money for something, it is so hard to get concrete information on what is happening. Its not that things get delayed thats the problem, its that you simply aren't communicated to about it. I am confident the date the gave us was the planned date when the said it, but 2 weeks later I have no confidence that remains the case.

Still, trying to keep myself chipper thinking about finally getting in, decorating my home the way we want it.
And pushed back again to January. Infuriating. and I only found out cause someone posted the information on the Facebook group the (prospective) residents set up. No communication from the people we are giving hundreds of thousands to. It is such an infuriating reality. I hate buying a house.
Advertisement
31-10-2019, 17:00   #160
Corruptedmorals

It's very hard to be left in the dark alright. Seems to be very drawn out to get services connected, hopefully your snagging goes well.

Auctioneer and both sides of solicitors are thrilled our issue is going to avoid land registry so hopefully Christmas leave doesn't affect it too much, awaiting new closing date but if they're positive about it then that's good. Sale agreed 21st June LOL it will all pale into insignificance when we're in but contracts delay and then waiting 2 months to hear about progress on the problem is hard to take.
03-11-2019, 09:13   #161
Fia11

Also playing the waiting game, but our (new build) house seems to be very busy. When we first viewed it and paid the booking deposit, it was set up as the builders break room. There was a table and chairs, a kettle, a bag of rubbish and random bits and pieces in the kitchen. The EA told us they would shift out, but they haven't.

Now it turns out that the on site security are using it as their HQ. Lights were on at 9pm last night, I actually knocked on the door to see who was in there. I know it's not ours yet, but it will be...and the kitchen is in, and it kinda weirds me out. Will be playing close attention to the kitchen during the snag, but should I just get over the fact that there's people using it now? I wonder how many sets of keys are doing the rounds.
03-11-2019, 09:44   #162
Dolbhad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fia11 View Post
Also playing the waiting game, but our (new build) house seems to be very busy. When we first viewed it and paid the booking deposit, it was set up as the builders break room. There was a table and chairs, a kettle, a bag of rubbish and random bits and pieces in the kitchen. The EA told us they would shift out, but they haven't.

Now it turns out that the on site security are using it as their HQ. Lights were on at 9pm last night, I actually knocked on the door to see who was in there. I know it's not ours yet, but it will be...and the kitchen is in, and it kinda weirds me out. Will be playing close attention to the kitchen during the snag, but should I just get over the fact that there's people using it now? I wonder how many sets of keys are doing the rounds.
I wouldn’t like that if the kitchen is in. Fair enough when its still a shell but when there is the possibility of wear to the kitchen, I’d be annoyed. Definitely highlight that with your snagger. But not sure what you can do. When we were looking at a new build, the neighbours house was further along. There was no show house so basically everyone who had bought a house was being brought it to have a look at this house or if interested in a house. We were left in there for about 30mins unaccompanied. I was thinking I would hate of this was my house and people trawling through here all the time.
03-11-2019, 14:25   #163
awec

Mod: Rugby, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fia11 View Post

Yes, you just need to get over the fact that it's being used right now. It's not your house and it's not your kitchen yet.

The security guys will just be using it as somewhere to sit out of the elements.

All completely normal.
04-11-2019, 03:42   #164
Piper101

We are sale agreed since end September and no sign of contracts or contact from the vendors. Our solicitor has written twice and we rang the EA last week but they were off for the mid-term. Any advice on when we should panic?
04-11-2019, 20:51   #165
redarmyblues

A month in Stockholm from listing to handover is usual apparently.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion