Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

30 seconds and I'm like.. YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That did a good job at teasing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Good to see they're at least leaning into the obvious social ramifications of half the planet disappearing; the image of the State of Liberty surrounded by docked ships, was a pretty powerful and evocative image.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Yeah, that was a good trailer. Displayed just enough without showing anything: All wet and grey and grim as you'd expect. First 30 mins isn't exactly gonna be Thor Ragnarok.

Very difficult to come out with a trailer for a movie like this: Obviously they have to un-do The Snap (Or Marvel's 2019-2025 movie schedule is in SERIOUS trouble :) ). But how to advertise a movie without showing it.

I remember following when the trailer for Lord of The Rings: The Two towers came out and you suddenly see Gandalf. I couldn't believe they showed that. I thought that they had ruined the surprise. However, my niece was a huge fan but hadn't read the books and her take on Gandalf's appearance was "OMG: He's all in white!!! He's gone bad!". So I think they pulled it off.

I get the impression that everything we have seen so far is within the first 30 mins of a 2 hour movie. Yeah, did the job nicely. I have always liked what The Russo Brothers brought to Marvel. Winter Soldier is my favourite Captain America movie. I like the tone they bring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I wonder how prominent Thanos will be in this one since there hasn't been a full shot of him between the 2 teasers.

I know that the Russos said that Infinity War is a Thanos movie but presuming he is still the big bad in Endgame, he will surely get a lot of screen time again?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I wonder how prominent Thanos will be in this one since there hasn't been a full shot of him between the 2 teasers.

I know that the Russos said that Infinity War is a Thanos movie but presuming he is still the big bad in Endgame, he will surely get a lot of screen time again?

I've a feeling the big bad for most of the movie won't be Thanos, I imagine with half of the population gone and the Avengers in chaos now would be a good time for a new baddie to attack... or possibly invade... Kree/Skrulls invasions even?

I imagine we'll see Thanos in the end through either time travel or a way to finish his arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Loughc wrote: »
    I've a feeling the big bad for most of the movie won't be Thanos, I imagine with half of the population gone and the Avengers in chaos now would be a good time for a new baddie to attack... or possibly invade... Kree/Skrulls invasions even?

I imagine we'll see Thanos in the end through either time travel or a way to finish his arc.

Yeah I think the release date of Captain Marvel is no coincidence as it will introduce Skrulls to the audience

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Kevin Feige said all the trailer footage they would be releasing would be from the first 15-20 mins of the movie; i like that approach. We literally have no idea what way the movie will go. At best all we are doing is seeing what characters may be involved. Even that is shrouded.

Frustrating, as id love to know more details; but well hyped for the film as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Rumor has it, this is the score for the first 30mins of the movie...srsly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭ Jayson Small Fur

nix wrote: »
    Rumor has it, this is the score for the first 30mins of the movie...srsly

Not a bad choice I think. This music is perfectly suited for a show that has a lot of "moments". Moments that make you sit there and think about what you have just seen.

An example moment will be when Cap America throws Peggy off that cliff to get a hold of the soul stone.

An example moment will be when Cap America throws Peggy off that cliff to get a hold of the soul stone.

'hey red skull hold my shield just have to do something'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I really hope they don't spend thirty minutes of the film showing how depressed and/or melancholic the remaining Avengers are because Disney has already ruined the drama by announcing a Spiderman and Black Panther sequel long before Infinity War. I don't know about other people here, but if they do that, I will be sitting in the cinema thinking, 'Get on with it. You are wasting your time doing sadness when we know most, if not all of the Avengers, will be coming back'.

What would an appropriate amount of time to show people being sad about planetary genocide?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Pter wrote: »
    What would an appropriate amount of time to show people being sad about planetary genocide?
    They can be sad while doing something beyond just showing how sad they are. I think that's what Falthyron is getting at.

My guess is that within the first act, they'll find the solution. Then they'll set about implementing the solution, with a finale of them fighting to keep the solution and stopping a rehash of the snap. It wouldn't make sense to have an opening 30 minutes of them just showing us how depressing everything is before moving on with the story, as they can do both at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Half the time you think <snapsfingers>

Johnmb wrote: »
    They can be sad while doing something beyond just showing how sad they are. I think that's what Falthyron is getting at.

My guess is that within the first act, they'll find the solution. Then they'll set about implementing the solution, with a finale of them fighting to keep the solution and stopping a rehash of the snap. It wouldn't make sense to have an opening 30 minutes of them just showing us how depressing everything is before moving on with the story, as they can do both at the same time.

Oh ok yeah that seems fair enough.
    evil_seed wrote: »
    Half the time you think <snapsfingers>
    :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm presuming the earthbound material will initially involve Steve Rogers & co. trying to maintain law & order in what'll be a pretty chaotic world; certainly the shot of New York seemed to imply things have gone a bit "Shantytown". Rogers would be the type of person to keep fighting the good fight even after all hope is lost. The arrival of Ant Man may be the catalyst to start chasing leads...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Johnmb wrote: »

Precisely.

30 minutes of them moping around being depressed would work if we weren't told who is coming back (for certain) and who probably isn't. In many ways, Disney revealing sequels for particular characters undermined the emotional impact of the snap, and even more so for Loki's death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭paulbok

Almost 200 years here since the genocide of the Famine, and it's still a fairly contentious subject for a lot of the population.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

paulbok wrote: »
    Almost 200 years here since the genocide of the Famine, and it's still a fairly contentious subject for a lot of the population.

Oh snap.

Oh snap.

No potato famine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Half of all them are gone as well so they're probably not in much better nick.

We could get more of a tie in to Cpt Marvel than we expect and one of the surviving heroes is a skrull. That would be amusing.

Not a bad choice I think. This music is perfectly suited for a show that has a lot of "moments". Moments that make you sit there and think about what you have just seen.

From the excellent "Team Darryl" Shorts: Thor: "Dear Steve Rogers. Do you remember when I goaded you into killing those prisoners and you made me swear never to tell the other Avengers?"

That is SUCH a Human thing!!!! You do know that half the UNIVERSE disappeared, yes? And as someone who identifies myself as species-fluid I find your xenophobic attitude offensive. It's because of people like you that SpaceBoards has become so toxic to non-humans!

That is SUCH a Human thing!!!! You do know that half the UNIVERSE disappeared, yes? And as someone who identifies myself as species-fluid I find your xenophobic attitude offensive. It's because of people like you that SpaceBoards has become so toxic to non-humans!

Lol most of Earth dont know about the people in the rest of the Galaxy (did he snap the galaxy of the universe?). Cant weep for people you dont know exist! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭abcabc123123

The rest of the universe would be pretty well justified in coming to Earth and wiping us out you'd have to say. Half the universe died because the Avengers didn't want to kill a robot and because Dr Strange made a vow. Pretty poor form in fairness.

• Advertisement

It was Peter Quill's fault. They had it off him and then Quill started to emote.

Advertisement