Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-08-2019, 02:43   #1636
sabat

Shame on anyone over the age of 15 who thinks this is a good film.
Advertisement
13-08-2019, 03:10   #1637
nix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabat View Post
I'm sorry, did you get on a roller coaster and expect Shakespeare?
(2) thanks from:
13-08-2019, 08:08   #1638
Brief_Lives

Quote:

go back to your cartoons then buddy....
13-08-2019, 08:11   #1639
El Duda

Quote:

91%

Audience Score

User Ratings: 62,696

8.6/10

There must be a LOT of shameful people amongst those 580,000 people who bothered to give a rating.

Also, I think its worth me pointing out that I saw Endgame in a packed out Leicester square iMax on the day of release. People were whooping and cheering throughout. Several moments got a round of applause (Caps 'Hail Hydra' being the main moment). The Asian lady sat next to me cried multiple times. There were collective gasps during the portals scenes from almost everyone in the cinema.

I go to the cinema a lot and I've never seen a reaction like it. I imagine this is what it must've been like to see Star Wars in 1977. The hype is real.

Last edited by El Duda; 13-08-2019 at 08:16.
13-08-2019, 10:03   #1640
Tazzimus

Quote:
2/10, poor effort
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-08-2019, 10:44   #1641
cdgalwegian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzimus View Post
2/10, poor effort

The film, or the post?

13-08-2019, 11:17   #1642
Tazzimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgalwegian View Post
The film, or the post?

Post.

I can live with my shame of enjoying the film, no bother
Thanks from:
13-08-2019, 15:27   #1643
SuprSi

Like this

For the full effect watch it with sound on this link - it's well worth a listen.
Thanks from:
13-08-2019, 15:29   #1644
TheBlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuprSi View Post
Like this

For the full effect watch it with sound on this link - it's well worth a listen.
It's also fake....
Advertisement
13-08-2019, 15:37   #1645
SuprSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlock View Post
It's also fake....
Really?!! Haha, had me fooled
(2) thanks from:
14-08-2019, 13:06   #1646
micks_address

Picked up my 4k hdr uhd copy in best buy last nght. I know whats going to be on my tv over the weekend. I've actually watched it about 4 times now.. since the cinema on various mediums. I would say it stacks up pretty well to repeat viewings.. it sort of drags after thanos killing at the start for a while.. but once the time travel kicks in its a lot of fun.. ok its a cheap way to relive pretty much all the other movies from various perspectives but it works well and ive picked up few extra things each time i watch.. the falcons 'on your left' as they all re appear and tony last lines are still pretty epic.. his lines bookend perfectly with the end of iron man.. i still feel the Cap ending is a little off.. i know they had little choice with evans wanting out but Sam doesnt seem to be cap to me.. he has no super serum like cap had.. anyone with enough training and money could be batman.. but how to you substitute super strength? it might have worked with bucky but his cv was just far to shady to be cap america..

as far as black widow it would have been a lot easier to let hawkeye die.. i doubt he has nearly as much franchise potental as black widow and i feel like he could have probably died in ultron as they pretty much teased it at every turn.

ah well it sure be interesting to see where they go with it.
(2) thanks from:
14-08-2019, 21:02   #1647
Calhoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by micks_address View Post
Picked up my 4k hdr uhd copy in best buy last nght. I know whats going to be on my tv over the weekend. I've actually watched it about 4 times now.. since the cinema on various mediums. I would say it stacks up pretty well to repeat viewings.. it sort of drags after thanos killing at the start for a while.. but once the time travel kicks in its a lot of fun.. ok its a cheap way to relive pretty much all the other movies from various perspectives but it works well and ive picked up few extra things each time i watch.. the falcons 'on your left' as they all re appear and tony last lines are still pretty epic.. his lines bookend perfectly with the end of iron man.. i still feel the Cap ending is a little off.. i know they had little choice with evans wanting out but Sam doesnt seem to be cap to me.. he has no super serum like cap had.. anyone with enough training and money could be batman.. but how to you substitute super strength? it might have worked with bucky but his cv was just far to shady to be cap america..

as far as black widow it would have been a lot easier to let hawkeye die.. i doubt he has nearly as much franchise potental as black widow and i feel like he could have probably died in ultron as they pretty much teased it at every turn.

ah well it sure be interesting to see where they go with it.
The thing with Sam is he doesn't really have the money he is an army vet, the only way it makes sense is they are depowering Captain America so as to free the spotlight for the next phase.

I think the whole black widow dying was not actually bad story telling and fit really well in with who Natasha had become. It also was good from perspective of putting a women into a meaningful role, probably one of the few in the film. In my mind it shat all over the female power assemble crap at the end.
Thanks from:
15-08-2019, 09:24   #1648
CastorTroy

Plus Jeremy Renner was probably cheaper to hire for a web series than Scarlett
15-08-2019, 11:55   #1649
El Duda

The forthcoming Falcon and Winter Soldier mini-series is going to be based around Falcon being the next Cap. Public pushback, racial politics etc..
Thanks from:
15-08-2019, 13:21   #1650
ManOfMystery

Quote:
Quite surprised you didn't finish that post with "END OF." Just to finalise your assertive dominance over everyone, ya know.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion