Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-01-2020, 12:40   #766
Dades
Would you like to know more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelburp View Post
Good god, how hard is it to write some good Star Wars scripts? Disney, for all my hatred of their corporate dominance, know how to make movies, it's in their blood. Why is Star Wars proving to be such a slippery fish for them?
Disney have never been under so much pressure to produce the goods as with Star Wars. Their traditional fare isn't judged by rabid fans lurking in every corner of the internet waiting for the slightest misstep.

It was the script (or lack of) that caused the problems with the sequels. I'm not surprised they're trying to get it right and we should be thankful they are taking time to do so.

Last edited by Dades; 24-01-2020 at 16:24.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-01-2020, 15:31   #767
Foxtrol

Quote:
I was actually going to type "... and no, immediately blaming Kennedy isn't funny or smart". So no, I don't think you can lay the blame on one person here, as convenient a strawman as that producer has become

Suppose, when you step away, maybe it's cos Disney never worked with a SciFi property before, and certainly not one of this size and (relative) complexity. The last SciFi movie they tried before Star Wars was ... lordy... The Black Hole maybe? Perhaps the company has this big cognitive blindspot in its creative departments that doesn't know how to work with SciFi *shrug*
People talk about the acquisition of Star Wars properties as if once they were purchased Disney fired everyone involved previously and started churning out projects by the same people that develop their content. Like when nearly any somewhat successful company is acquired, you try to keep a lot of the same people around and provide them new resources and oversight to assist things. Sometimes it works, like with Marvel and Pixar, and sometimes it doesn't work quite as well, see Star Wars.

Disney hold ultimate responsibility for what is churned out but the rot is within Lucasfilm. As I said earlier in one of the threads, it appears Disney are changing their approach to them by bringing in Feige. I wouldn't be surprised if sending for new scripts is also down to Disney getting themselves involved earlier in the process now, rather than waiting until it is half shot and realising what a mess they've made and then requiring re-shoots. If anything I'd see them pausing here as a positive sign for the likely quality we'll get.
Thanks from:
24-01-2020, 16:56   #768
Tony EH

Quote:
I was actually going to type "... and no, immediately blaming Kennedy isn't funny or smart". So no, I don't think you can lay the blame on one person here, as convenient a strawman as that producer has become

Suppose, when you step away, maybe it's cos Disney never worked with a SciFi property before, and certainly not one of this size and (relative) complexity. The last SciFi movie they tried before Star Wars was ... lordy... The Black Hole maybe? Perhaps the company has this big cognitive blindspot in its creative departments that doesn't know how to work with SciFi *shrug*
I think it's fair to say that she is part of the problem though.
24-01-2020, 20:01   #769
Slydice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Coulson View Post
The Kenobi series has been paused and sent back to the drawing board for new scripts.
Good. They should use the time to reorientate themselves to Deborah Chows style from what she did with the Mandalorian

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion