Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-01-2020, 09:39   #3436
carq

FYI La Labo have set up in Terminal 2 recently if anyone has holidays coming up .
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-01-2020, 17:25   #3437
adox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padraig Mor View Post
I rarely watch Youtube reviews - frankly I don't trust them to be impartial. Prefer 'Joe Soap' reviews and those on Basenotes are mostly "it's the same" or "it's almost the same" and, as above, it sure smells the same to me! (I have the PB). TBH I don't see why they'd bother formulating it for PB and then reformulating it literally a few months later. Then again, I don't see why they'd release it as a PB in the first place anyway!
Picked a bottle of this up today(along with Noir Extreme) and it’s a beautiful scent. A huge hit of Lavender in the opening but that quickly mellows to a beautifully balanced masculine scent.

Will keep an eye out for when you have some of the Private Blend lines available as would love to try some of them but out of my price range retail.
Thanks from:
24-01-2020, 19:48   #3438
Panda Killa

Quote:
Nothing current but may look at it in a few months - how much are you both after as a matter of interest? Pricing would be a little higher as I usually get it in the UK and sterling has really strengthened the last number of months - in fact, this affects quite a bit of what I buy.

Burning Rose (details couple of posts back): last call if anyone's interested!
I got 30ml the last tike Pat, I'd go for that or stretch to 50ml if needs be
Just as I'm here...540 rouge is getting low...any shout on the Penhaligons? You were looking but it was pricey?
Let me know when you have some new stuff too .. I'm getting twitchy for new juice Pat
Thanks from:
24-01-2020, 22:35   #3439
jamieh

Quote:
Nothing current but may look at it in a few months - how much are you both after as a matter of interest? Pricing would be a little higher as I usually get it in the UK and sterling has really strengthened the last number of months - in fact, this affects quite a bit of what I buy.

I’d take 50ml, but can take more or less depending on what it takes to make a split work.
Thanks from:
25-01-2020, 06:48   #3440
Bada Bing Boy

Hey Pat,

Any availability on a split of Percival by Parfum De Marly or Reflection Man by Amouage?

Cheers,
Darren
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-01-2020, 09:10   #3441
Dr Turk Turkelton

Quote:

Hi Padraig Mor, I'd be interested in this but im not sure of the process?
Thanks from:
25-01-2020, 11:28   #3442
Padraig Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bada Bing Boy View Post
Hey Pat,

Any availability on a split of Percival by Parfum De Marly or Reflection Man by Amouage?

Cheers,
Darren
Percival: have my eyes out for it but not seeing it at a decent price TBH.

Reflection: if I get a bottle at a respectable price I might stick it in alright.
Thanks from:
25-01-2020, 11:31   #3443
Padraig Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Turk Turkelton View Post
Hi Padraig Mor, I'd be interested in this but im not sure of the process?
I was actually about to cancel my reservation for it today as there's only about 20ml allocated. How much would you be after? I'd really need to allocate another 50ml today to make the split viable (I'm not saying that to put pressure on you BTW!) but not sure if you'd be after that much? Process is outlined in the OP but I always give full details by email or PM anyway.
25-01-2020, 11:41   #3444
Padraig Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adox View Post
Picked a bottle of this up today(along with Noir Extreme) and it’s a beautiful scent. A huge hit of Lavender in the opening but that quickly mellows to a beautifully balanced masculine scent.

Will keep an eye out for when you have some of the Private Blend lines available as would love to try some of them but out of my price range retail.
BdJ really is a winner alright. Should have some more Private Blend listed soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Killa View Post
I got 30ml the last tike Pat, I'd go for that or stretch to 50ml if needs be
Just as I'm here...540 rouge is getting low...any shout on the Penhaligons? You were looking but it was pricey?
Let me know when you have some new stuff too .. I'm getting twitchy for new juice Pat
Another new name Erik?! 540 - might do in a few months unless there's a lot of requests before then. That's the Lord George from Penhaligon's right? I'm actively keeping an eye out but even the cheapest prices are best described as 'saucy', especially given it's only a 75ml bottle. Just think the resultant splits would be a bit rich for Penhaligon's. (I will have a new Penhaligon's though, and very soon at that). Don't worry - I've got a big load of stuff already in hand waiting to go - as soon as I get my lazy ass around to writing the emails etc! During the week hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieh View Post
I’d take 50ml, but can take more or less depending on what it takes to make a split work.
OK, that's 80ml requested anyway so I'll see what I can do with it. I usually pick it up in central London - I'm actually in London Monday but not sure I'll be able to get into the store though (and not even sure if it's too late to reserve it at this stage). Great juice though! Does anyone know if the Dublin airport concession does it cheaper than retail? I'm very rarely in Dublin airport though.
Advertisement
25-01-2020, 12:30   #3445
Panda Killa

Yes Pat..yes, tis me!
I'm in no rush for anything...I just notice that some of my fave juices are running low...I'd be up for any Penhaligons fragrance...I have the Halfeti from you and it's def 1 of my top 5.....will keep an eye on the thread and mail you as well
Thanks from:
27-01-2020, 14:12   #3446
Martin maloney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcheez View Post
experimenting with this a bit more. If you directly blend Beau de Jour signature version with a single spray of of PB like Tuscan Leather or Tobacco Vanille you get much more extended life out of the Beau de Jour, plus all the dynamics of the other frag. Still smell it after several hours compared to spraying it solo.

Definitely a great mixer frag
100% agree with the both of you ! 1 spray of TF Oud Wood and 1 Spray Tobacco Vanille is also a killer Mixture!
Thanks from:
27-01-2020, 14:27   #3447
mrcheez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin maloney View Post
100% agree with the both of you ! 1 spray of TF Oud Wood and 1 Spray Tobacco Vanille is also a killer Mixture!
Oud Wood is one I only recently tried. Got a tester bottle when I was picking up my 50ml of Tobacco Vanille.
In fact I made sure to get about 4 tester bottles filled to the rim.. gotta get my money's worth

It's fascinating, but I'm not quite ready to drop another €188 just yet!!

Will try that combo tonight.

Last edited by mrcheez; 27-01-2020 at 14:32.
28-01-2020, 17:05   #3448
Jam6o

Hey Pat - just wondering if you are planning on doing a split on oud wood, tuscan leather, soleil blanc or lost cherry?

PS how does the process work for a first timer?

Cheers
Thanks from:
28-01-2020, 17:31   #3449
Padraig Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam6o View Post
Hey Pat - just wondering if you are planning on doing a split on oud wood, tuscan leather, soleil blanc or lost cherry?

PS how does the process work for a first timer?

Cheers
Oud Wood: literally just did one - I'm actually splitting it tonight so will probably hold off on another for a while.

Tuscan Leather: yes, and soon!

Soleil Blanc: no particular plans but if enough people ask for it, I'd look at doing it early summer.

Lost Cherry: to my nose, it's simply not worth the money! But again, if enough folks are after it I'm happy to split it.

First post on this thread has details of the process in the 'small print' but of course I always PM / email full details before taking any money.
Thanks from:
29-01-2020, 12:23   #3450
pm.

Send a message via MSN to pm.
Pat can you please send me your number. Lads if any of have it could you please pm me
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion