Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,533 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Yeah, quite fond of splashing on something nice after a shower and wet shave, even though I have nowhere to go these days! Histoires de Parfums 1725 Casanova today.

Missed a stonker of a deal on MFK today. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭El_robbo1980

Hi Padraig,

Just wondering if you’ve an updated list of what’s available (specifically looking for TF BDJ). Totally understand if you’re giving it a rest for a while in these turbulent times - stay safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Hi Pat,

Going to be an absolute dose again and ask, are you likely to be doing viw at all this year maybe? Please, please, please ;) And is there any of the spring flowers left knocking around? Hope you're keeping well.

Eyespy wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

Going to be an absolute dose again and ask, are you likely to be doing viw at all this year maybe? Please, please, please ;) And is there any of the spring flowers left knocking around? Hope you're keeping well.
    Not a dose at all! 100% doing VIW again (if enough interest of course). Obviously things are a little up in the air at the moment but my plan is to list it in June, presuming I get a previous list dealt with by that stage. Plan to list it alongside another summer special from Creed - Erolfa. Not planning on taking names for them yet until things are a bit more clear with restrictions etc.

Spring Flower - yes, one bottle left! edit: actually, sorry it went yesterday.

Hi Padraig,

Just wondering if you’ve an updated list of what’s available (specifically looking for TF BDJ). Totally understand if you’re giving it a rest for a while in these turbulent times - stay safe!

List of what's left over from March below - I've added two leathers - Acqua di Parma Colonia Leather and Tom Ford Ombre Leather. Shipping a bit slower perhaps, but I can still send as the courier can collect from me; An Post parcels should be OK too as I have stamps here and there's a post office close by.

I don't have any BdJ at the moment - just got a bottle in Friday after waiting for a month to get here from France but that was all allocated. I'll definitely be getting more in though so feel free to ask for it - details and pricing in post linked below.

I have plenty more stuff ready to go - in fact, I bought so much I've practically no splits cash left (so much for not buying any more......)! So over the next while expect the usual Creed / Tom Ford etc plus Parfums de Marly, Miller Harris, lots of Acqua di Parma, Xerjoff, Dior, Diptyque, Simone Andreoli, Frederic Malle, Atelier Cologne, Floris - plus something I've been working on for a while, more to get so probably Autumn - Oud Overload, a big list of all the best Oud fragrances with Armani Prive, Tom Ford, Creed, YSL, Zegna, Comme des Garcons, maybe Thameen and Swedoft, and more.

I'm also looking at adding a little focus on smaller houses and things just a little different such as boutique bay rum aftershave etc.

....................................................................................................................................................................................

Here's what I have available in hand as of 23/4/2020. More details (incl. price) on most fragrances in this post.

Creed - Aventus: €85 per 50ml. Four left, batch 19S11 (pre-reformulation).
    Creed - Green Irish Tweed:five 50ml left @ €80 each.
    Creed - Spring Flower: last 50ml left at a bargain €69.
    Bargain Belters: two sets left (one glass, one plastic IIRC). Grab them while I still have them - these are all top notch!
    Berdoues - Arz El-Rab: cedar, ginger, lemon and pepper - this is very wearable and smells a lot more upmarket than its price suggests; a little bargain. 20ml left at €12 / 22 for 10 / 20ml (20ml in original 100ml bottle if wanted).
    Burren Perfumery - Man of Aran: plenty left.
    Dolce & Gabbana - The One for Men Royal Night: plenty left
    Senteurs Gourmandes - The Absolu: plenty left.
    Tom Ford - Beau de Jour: will be getting more in.
    Tom Ford - Black Orchid EdP: 30ml left. Think I have this split as 20 + 10ml.

*NEW*Acqua di Parma - Colonia Leather: AdP's Tuscan Leather contender, drier and a bit grittier. Really good, and great value on this split considering the RRP. €26 for 20ml, €37 for 30ml, or €55 for 50ml. 60ml left.
    *NEW*Tom Ford - Ombre Leather: another leather from the bould Tom. Maybe a little smoother than Tuscan? Not a lot between them really - except price. €16.50 for 10ml, €30.50 for 20ml, or €44 for 30ml. 50ml left.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

Bottle sizes
    Glass bottles: 10ml, 25 / 30 ml (same bottle), 50ml. NB: new batch of 10ml glass bottles I've just (March 2020) started using actually hold slightly less, about 9.6ml - apologies.
    Plastic bottles: 10ml, 20ml.

Note 20ml splits are available in plastic bottles only

Shipping
    Courier: €12.50 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.
    An Post: €4.50 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

Currently, shipments are available, but may take a little longer than usual.

Full payment details will be provided by PM / email - I take Revolut, bank transfer, or PayPal.

................................................................................................................

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Savage Pat thank you. And bugger, just missed Spring Flower. Ah well, all the more VIW, you're not introducing quotas are you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

How much is the black orchid please pat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Latest batch of juice arrived yesterday Pat, top notch as always! Thanks for the great service!!

shoxter wrote: »
    How much is the black orchid please pat

€16 for 10ml, €30.50 for 20ml. It's already split like this (have 30ml in total). Note it's the stronger Eau de Parfum version.

Eyespy wrote: »
    Savage Pat thank you. And bugger, just missed Spring Flower. Ah well, all the more VIW, you're not introducing quotas are you ;)

Plenty of VIW for everyone I'm sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Pat can you put me down for the ADP Colonia Leather 50ml please!

• Advertisement

Naos wrote: »
    Pat can you put me down for the ADP Colonia Leather 50ml please!

Sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Marcus-Aurelius

Pat, just received delivery. Packaged v securely, many thanks for free sample too! Ta MA

I have an 'odd' 10ml of Acqua di Parma Colonia Leather left over - €14 if someone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Put me down for it and keep it for me for when you get something else that I might like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Pat is black orchid for men or women?

Thanks

Pat is black orchid for men or women?

Thanks

It's unisex and there's plenty of men that wear it but for me......I think women only. Worth sampling to see if it's for you. If you're after a masculine Tom Ford you won't go wrong with Ombre Leather TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ombré Leather is great. I also like sweet/unisex fragrances but when I sampled Black Orchid it just smelled like an out and out feminine perfume.

adox wrote: »
    Ombré Leather is great. I also like sweet/unisex fragrances but when I sampled Black Orchid it just smelled like an out and out feminine perfume.

AFAIK Black Orchid was originally released as a female perfume but so many men started wearing it they changed tack to unisex. Good an any fellow that wears it, but not one for me personally.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

AFAIK Black Orchid was originally released as a female perfume but so many men started wearing it they changed tack to unisex. Good an any fellow that wears it, but not one for me personally.....

Yeah I sampled it on the skin and wore it for the day. I gave it every chance but it wasn’t for me at all(and I really like a lot of Tom Ford releases)

Jaysis lads I might be out of business - Argos are stocking Creed Aventus!
    https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7296484/Trail/searchtext%3EAVENTUS.htm

/checks price........hmm, don't think I have to worry......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hi Pat I was looking yesterday for the Hombre Leather pricing but couldn't seem to find it, any chance you remember it off the top of your head?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Hi Pat I was looking yesterday for the Hombre Leather pricing but couldn't seem to find it, any chance you remember it off the top of your head?

I have one 20ml left (already bottled in plastic) at €30.50. Can be shipped by An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I have one 20ml left (already bottled in plastic) at €30.50. Can be shipped by An Post.

Oh cool, yeah I'll take that so. I think you have Black Orchid EdP in a 20ml bottle looking back through the thread - can you throw that in the package as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Jaysis lads I might be out of business - Argos are stocking Creed Aventus!
    https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7296484/Trail/searchtext%3EAVENTUS.htm

/checks price........hmm, don't think I have to worry......

Probably down to the new Creed owners slutting themselves around.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Oh cool, yeah I'll take that so. I think you have Black Orchid EdP in a 20ml bottle looking back through the thread - can you throw that in the package as well?

Sure, that's fine. Last 10ml (glass) left of the Black Orchid now....

BTW if anyone is still think of the best of 'Bargain Belters' 5 x 10ml, I'm down to the last set - bottled in plastic, ready to go via An Post. You can't go wrong with this lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 redwifey

Padraig, can I take a Creed Aventus and the last Black Orchid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Pat I'd be interested in 20ml of Berdoues - Arz El-Rab if it's avilable, thanks!

jim o doom wrote: »
    Pat I'd be interested in 20ml of Berdoues - Arz El-Rab if it's avilable, thanks!

Crap, shipped out the last 20ml the other day!

**NEW STUFF**

I'm back in business as of next week as I'm now in a position to despatch all packages without leaving the house. Putting the final touches to the May list now and hoping to email it out to previous participants today (but that could be Tuesday!). Lots of nice new stuff with an emphasis on Spring / Summer scents. Creed, Tom Ford, Parfums de Marly, Acqua di Parma, Xerjoff, Frederic Malle, Diptyque, etc etc etc......

redwifey wrote: »
    Padraig, can I take a Creed Aventus and the last Black Orchid?

No problem, will email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭El_robbo1980

Just received TF Ombre Leather in the post. Was first time to order a split and I have to say I was not disappointed. Fast delivery, superbly packaged - oh and a fantastic scent. I’m officially hooked, thanks again Pat

Advertisement