Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-03-2016, 02:29   #16
Tony EH

I can only watch the first one. The rest are moronic.

Seriously, just let it die.

OAP robots...fkn 'ell.
Advertisement
23-03-2016, 02:33   #17
CatFromHue

I'm not sure where they can go with this as Genisy messed everything up so badly.

If it is a sequel to Genisy I'm out, that was one of the few films were I wanted everyone to lose.
23-03-2016, 07:21   #18
T. Hanks^

Maybe Arnies words have been taken out of context?

Even though I'm a huge Arnie fan, there has to be a time when he will say "I won't be back"
23-03-2016, 10:16   #19
py2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony EH View Post
I can only watch the first one. The rest are moronic.
You....can't....watch.....T.....2.....?!?

23-03-2016, 10:31   #20
seamus
Dental Plan!

Send a message via MSN to seamus
Genisys was actually watchable and basically set up a T6 movie. It'll very much be a "more machines, more fighting" thing. Will they even bring time travel into it?

After T3, didn't someone basically advise Arnie that the franchise had already been molested and he may as well milk it for everything he can get?

One thing that the later films have annoyed me about is that T1 and T2 were still sci-fi as well as action, and while they didn't go mad on the backstories, the science they did involved was described just enough to make it believable.

The rest basically started making up whatever nonsense they wanted that would help the story along, regardless of whether it was remotely believable. A terminator with a special gun-hand that can somehow get through the time-travel device. A human-machine hybrid from 30 years ago. Primitive (by T2 standards) polymimetic alloy that can magically transform a T500 into a T1000, just so that we don't have to see him die.
Advertisement
23-03-2016, 10:32   #21
Tony EH

Quote:
Originally Posted by py2006 View Post
You....can't....watch.....T.....2.....?!?
Nope.
23-03-2016, 10:35   #22

Arnie needs to be able to let go and let it pass on to new characters, he can't be the main character anymore.

Look at Star Wars - it worked as Harrison Ford + Carrie Fisher were not the main characters - they played a handover role , and don't get me wrong I loved Harrison Ford in the new Star Wars, but the new characters stole the show for me.

Arnie needs to do the same, he can't be the main Terminator anymore , he needs a smaller role and new stronger characters need to be brought in for the handover - dump those 2 wooden dopes they had playing Kyle and Sarah.

I read somewhere a great idea - Arnie plays some human general, and back in his youth he was a legendary soldier , now in the beginnings of the war he is an experienced general - gets captured by skynet and they base the T-800 on this fine example of a warrior !!
23-03-2016, 10:37   #23

Quote:
Nope.
You just broke the internet , congratulations ...

T2 is the finest sequel ever made.

It has the unusual (perhaps Aliens too) fact that it's better then the original.
23-03-2016, 10:57   #24
Tony EH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyBuilder View Post
You just broke the internet , congratulations ...
You're a builder...fix it.

Quote:
T2 is the finest sequel ever made.
Oh come on...better than 'The Godfather Part II', 'The Empire Strikes Back', or 'Dawn of the Dead'?
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
23-03-2016, 10:59   #25
DrumSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Genisys was actually watchable and basically set up a T6 movie. It'll very much be a "more machines, more fighting" thing. Will they even bring time travel into it?

After T3, didn't someone basically advise Arnie that the franchise had already been molested and he may as well milk it for everything he can get?

One thing that the later films have annoyed me about is that T1 and T2 were still sci-fi as well as action, and while they didn't go mad on the backstories, the science they did involved was described just enough to make it believable.

The rest basically started making up whatever nonsense they wanted that would help the story along, regardless of whether it was remotely believable. A terminator with a special gun-hand that can somehow get through the time-travel device. A human-machine hybrid from 30 years ago. Primitive (by T2 standards) polymimetic alloy that can magically transform a T500 into a T1000, just so that we don't have to see him die.
That would have been James Cameron.
23-03-2016, 10:59   #26

Quote:
You're a builder...fix it.
Yeah but a Cowboy Builder ... I wouldn't hire myself to put up some shelves...

Quote:
Oh come on...better than 'The Godfather Part II', 'The Empire Strikes Back', or 'Dawn of the Dead'?
sh*t forgot about Empire !!

Well it's rare anyway !!
Thanks from:
23-03-2016, 11:05   #27
py2006

Ah here!

T2 is certainly up there with the best sequels.

How can you not like....

Don't forget your coat before you leave the internet and don't let the firewall hit you in the ass on the way out.
(3) thanks from:
23-03-2016, 11:32   #28
check_six

Quote:
I read somewhere a great idea - Arnie plays some human general, and back in his youth he was a legendary soldier , now in the beginnings of the war he is an experienced general - gets captured by skynet and they base the T-800 on this fine example of a warrior !!
A version of this was an unused scene in T3. It works as a cheesy comedy sketch, but would not have worked in the movie. Have a look for it on youtube.
(2) thanks from:
23-03-2016, 11:37   #29
Tony EH

Quote:
Originally Posted by py2006 View Post
Ah here!

T2 is certainly up there with the best sequels.

How can you not like....
It's loud, stupid, outstays its welcome, has truly annoying characters and a ridiculous liquid robot.

The first picture is just a better film over all, even if the effects look dated these days. But, it was made on a pretty modest budget. It's darker and more serious tone leaves a better lasting impression.

I saw 'Terminator 2' in the cinema when it first came out and a few times since, but there's always been things that have rubbed me up the wrong way about it.
23-03-2016, 11:42   #30
py2006

Quote:
It's loud, stupid, outstays its welcome, has truly annoying characters and a ridiculous liquid robot.

The first picture is just a better film over all, even if the effects look dated these days. But, it was made on a pretty modest budget. It's darker and more serious tone leaves a better lasting impression.

I saw 'Terminator 2' in the cinema when it first came out and a few times since, but there's always been things that have rubbed me up the wrong way about it.
You are literally the first person EVER to dislike that movie.

The first is awesome don't get me wrong but this was an excellent sequel. Can't believe I am trying to justify it.

Did you skip your cornflakes this morning or something?
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion