Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

An awkward Whatsapp moment

Options
  • 17-01-2020 9:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭

There were three different Whatsapp groups that this employer had. I removed myself from 2 of them, but I left myself on the roster group, as I might still need to report an uninsured driver who works there. Since I recently turned off the 'media visibility' setting (to stop all the photos my sister takes of her cat getting into my phone), I said I'd try and download the latest roster photo before leaving the group. Seemed like the logical thing to do. But when I tapped the photo, up came the following icons; a star, a squiggle, a symbol for deleting, and some kind of an upload symbol. I think I touched the star symbol, but whatever happened, I ended up making the photo of the latest roster the group's new icon. And I'm not even on that roster as I've just left! I didn't even realise until several hours later. I mean I would have thought that if someone wanted to change a group icon, that they'd have to go through several steps. Or that you'd need to be a admin member.

As everyone knows I'm leaving, it definitely looked strange the way I changed the group's icon. People will probably know that I was perving on it, and think "what's up with that?". The next day the store manager removed me from the group, obviously due to the attention I drew to myself. I can only imagine what they're all saying about me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Probably nothing at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Life's tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Have you told Facebook about this yet hun?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Scarleh

• Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Did you get sent dismemberment pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Mr. Fegelein's earlier daily thread to nowhere was moved so this one is the back up.

I'm kinda intrigued how long this craic will be kept up TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Some time ago someone in here posted a public whatsapp group about joining the Garda ... I couldn't believe they made it public, I joined and changed the group icon to a real cheesy picture of GARDA PATROL - that 1980s RTE version of Crimewatch.

Stayed there for weeks, no one noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭pgj2015

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Some time ago someone in here posted a public whatsapp group about joining the Garda ... I couldn't believe they made it public, I joined and changed the group icon to a real cheesy picture of GARDA PATROL - that 1980s RTE version of Crimewatch.

Stayed there for weeks, no one noticed.

Are you always this much of a badass?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Did you get sent dismemberment pictures?

I did, from my gobshíte of a boss.

Because that's what I want to be looking at as I'm horsing into my dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Perving on the roster? That's. .. niche.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

J. Marston wrote: »
    I did, from my gobshíte of a boss.

Because that's what I want to be looking at as I'm horsing into my dinner.

You shag your dinner? Jaysus

Advertisement