Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OnePlus 7 Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Have a read of this thread on xda...its amazing the difference in speed.... I also installed a different kernel.. My phone is the 8gb pro

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro/development/renovate-ice-oxygenos-tweaks-stables-svn-t3934356/amp/

Installed xXx-nolimits via magisk and smurf kernel see how that goes.

Looking for a good theme change status bar icons

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

OnePlus seem to be offering a free pair of wireless bullets 2 with their phones at the moment.

Nice little offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Any sign of the 'Hide notch' option coming to Android 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

adox wrote: »
    OnePlus seem to be offering a free pair of wireless bullets 2 with their phones at the moment.

Nice little offer.

Out of stock only 12gb model available

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭SickBoy

SickBoy wrote: »
    Any sign of the 'Hide notch' option coming to Android 10?

Just got an update which reintroduced the option to hide the notch.
    Happy Christmas from OnePlus!!

• Advertisement

So Android 10 (Oxygen OS 10.3.0) is finally available over the air for my 6T.
    I know this was quite buggy when initially rolled out. Is it safe to upgrade now or better off staying in Android 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

adox wrote: »
    So Android 10 (Oxygen OS 10.3.0) is finally available over the air for my 6T.
    I know this was quite buggy when initially rolled out. Is it safe to upgrade now or better off staying in Android 9?

I just updated earlier today and have no issues. Looks much the same as Android 9. Also there is a OnePlus 6 and 6+ thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Just ordered the 7T Pro from the site.
    Is there earphones included with the phone??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Can buy the 256GB 7T Pro for just over 600e on buenabuy.com but it's the Chinese version.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

I didn't get any with mine.

• Advertisement

Can buy the 256GB 7T Pro for just over 600e on buenabuy.com but it's the Chinese version.

Plus customs/vat etc?? Plus flashing the ROW ROM?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Nope, unfortunately not. Nor is there a USB-C to 3.5mm socket like with 6.

I bought the OnePlus USB-C buds, and they seem fine, though.

54and56 wrote: »
    Plus customs/vat etc?? Plus flashing the ROW ROM?

Dunno, have never used them but have heard of a few lads over here buying from them before.

You'd flash the other ROM of course.

Dunno, have never used them but have heard of a few lads over here buying from them before.

You'd flash the other ROM of course.

Sure crack on and set how it works out. What's the worst that can happen? Pay the vat and have to flash a new ROM?

54and56 wrote: »
    Sure crack on and set how it works out. What's the worst that can happen? Pay the vat and have to flash a new ROM?

I've a 6T so I've no interest in upgrading at the minute but I'd certainly chance it if I were in the hunt. Significant saving, buy on credit card for protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The wide lens and macro lens have stopped working on my 7T. It won't focus for me at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

€ 500,07 | Global ROM OnePlus 7T 7 T 8GB 256GB ROM Mobile Phone Snapdragon 855 Plus Octa Core 48MP Triple Camera 6.55“ Screen 3800mAh
    https://a.aliexpress.com/oZ1UQCrI
    No customs and the phone will be flashed with a eu rom.i got one from this seller a month ago and phone is perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Not sure what happened but I'm not getting any notifications until I open the app.

Phone is rooted and using xxxNolimits and Smurf kernel. So I've just opened WhatsApp and messages there from yesterday.

Phone on vibrate but no notification in status bar until I open the app.

In settings and notifications its on for WhatsApp.

I optimised battery settings as per https://www.androidcentral.com/how-f...-life-problems

This caused it or is it something else and how can I change it

massy086 wrote: »
    € 500,07 | Global ROM OnePlus 7T 7 T 8GB 256GB ROM Mobile Phone Snapdragon 855 Plus Octa Core 48MP Triple Camera 6.55“ Screen 3800mAh
    No customs and the phone will be flashed with a eu rom.i got one from this seller a month ago and phone is perfect

Pretty good too. Princely worth paying the extra 100e for the Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

massy086 wrote: »

Wow, not sure I would trust buying from there.

• Advertisement

It all depends on what you want personally I didn't want the curved screen of the pro,but did want 90hz screen so the 7t was perfect for me.also I only paid €420 on black friday

py2006 wrote: »
    why you are protected by AliExpress pay. If you read the Android forum here on boards most buy direct from AliExpress and have no issues.

py2006 wrote: »

From AliExpress? You're massively behind the times in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,305 ✭✭✭xtal191

I bought the 256gb from honorbuy, took 3 days to arrive and works out just over 500 delivered

https://www.honorbuy.com/302-oneplus-7t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭5star02707

bought this phone for 500 and it is such a beast as a daily driver. battery lasts a day for me but i downgraded to Pie as there are too many bugs in Q

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

No OTA update?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭MartinAnt

Hi guys, looking at getting a oneplus 7 or 7t, have had the oneplus 3since late 2016.

Bought direct last time, but obviously they are getting pricier now (€400 last time for the OP3 which was latest at the time). Are you saying Aliexpress and Honorbuy are 100% legit and safe to buy from? What does flashing the ROM mean, literally making setup/default etc available in any language? Any other issues or precaution when buying from these sites, or is it out of the box ready to go (apart from needing new adapter)?

Thanks a lot.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

So the built in screen protector on my OnePlus 7 Pro 5G has took a bit of a knock and has a small hole in it, so I need to replace it at some point as despite having an Otterbox case on it, obviously the screen is now vulnerable to being scratched in my pocket.

Is there any screen protectors anyone can recommend? Something as close to the stock as normal. Don't really want a glass one, but know from the past that some of the plastic ones on Amazon / Ebay etc have a pretty rough feeling, want something smooth like original.

Any ideas?

devnull wrote: »
    So the built in screen protector on my OnePlus 7 Pro 5G has took a bit of a knock and has a small hole in it, so I need to replace it at some point as despite having an Otterbox case on it, obviously the screen is now vulnerable to being scratched in my pocket.

Is there any screen protectors anyone can recommend? Something as close to the stock as normal. Don't really want a glass one, but know from the past that some of the plastic ones on Amazon / Ebay etc have a pretty rough feeling, want something smooth like original.

Any ideas?

I dont have a 7, I have a 6T but, my screen protector got some damage after 10 months or so. So much so that I thought the screen itself was damaged. I took the protector off and the screen was fine. Ive been using it without a protector ever since and its still perfect. Keep it in my jeanss pocket most of the time.

• Advertisement

Would anyone know where to get a screen protector for a 7t in dublin

Advertisement