Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-11-2019, 10:53   #196
Woshy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SozBbz View Post
You sound like the dream seller!

AFAIK its more convention than law, but typically vendors get a prorata amount of their LPT refunded depending on the closing date. This should come to you via your solicitor with the rest of the funds I believe. I've never sold but I know as a buyer I twice paid this sum when transferring all the money owed into my solicitors client account.
Yeah, that's that is happening we'll get the majority of it back because of the time we are selling.

The annoying thing though and something that might be useful for someone else to know is we also had to pay our 2019 property tax too. It gets deducted from our salary every month but according to revenue it is not transferred to the LPT department until the end of the year. So it would appear as if we hadn't paid it for paperwork. So we had to pay it and then we will have to claim back what we had paid already in January.
Just one more thing to think about!
Advertisement
15-11-2019, 11:06   #197
Wildly Boaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildly Boaring View Post
Our snag was supposed to be a week.
Was 3 in the end and we made them work for it.

We had a builder do a very thorough snag. And he went back twice to see the closed items.

Do not rush this or you'll end up sorting it all yourself after.

We're closing tomorrow!!
Supposed to close yesterday.
Funds with seller's solicitor
Our solicitor has searches done
An issue with searches on seller's side

There's about 50 houses in the estate and this is no 49 to be sold.
WTF?
15-11-2019, 17:04   #198
Wildly Boaring

Closed!!!
So we put our house for sale start May.
Sale agreed end May.

Sale agreed on new build purchase mid June.

Took till the end of September to close sale.
A pain in the hole. No reason for it. Held up purely by purchasers with no concept of time. Went on 4 weeks holidays. In middle of it.

Painful.

Took couple weeks for builder to prep for snag (he could easily have been ready).
Large snag list which took couple goes to close.

But tonight we get our keys!!!!

No more waiting!!
(3) thanks from:
15-11-2019, 17:07   #199
SozBbz

Congratulations @Wildly Boaring

Its a long road but you'll forget about it soon enough once you're in and enjoying your new home.
Thanks from:
19-11-2019, 19:20   #200
Arlessienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlessienne View Post
Now 12 weeks sale agreed and finally an update. There have been complications with the probate process, but they expect to be able to issue contracts next week. I remain hopeful but sceptical.
Well, 2 weeks later and 14 weeks sale agreed, and there's no sign of contracts and no further information from anyone.
Advertisement
22-11-2019, 09:56   #201
ontheditch2

Signed contracts 4 weeks ago roat, transferred funds the following Tuesday.
Vendor hasn't signed yet and we have been onto the estate agent 3 times to find out what the hold up is.
Getting a little bit worried now.

The estate agent had been on our case weekly to get contracts signed. Between waiting on engineer report, high court etc, our solicitor was slow but we eventually tied up our side, so now waiting for them. They seemed in a mad rush initially but now, nothing.

Should this be a concern or just normal house buying slowness?
22-11-2019, 10:42   #202
Corruptedmorals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheditch2 View Post
Signed contracts 4 weeks ago roat, transferred funds the following Tuesday.
Vendor hasn't signed yet and we have been onto the estate agent 3 times to find out what the hold up is.
Getting a little bit worried now.

The estate agent had been on our case weekly to get contracts signed. Between waiting on engineer report, high court etc, our solicitor was slow but we eventually tied up our side, so now waiting for them. They seemed in a mad rush initially but now, nothing.

Should this be a concern or just normal house buying slowness?
Is it possible they're away? The solicitor and auctioneer should both be pressing to find out the delay in signing.

Arlessienne, hopefully you hear an update soon. We are awaiting land registry original folio to confirm that we can go ahead and close but with Christmas holidays looming I'm not expecting that this year.
12-12-2019, 17:07   #203
Arlessienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corruptedmorals View Post
Arlessienne, hopefully you hear an update soon. We are awaiting land registry original folio to confirm that we can go ahead and close but with Christmas holidays looming I'm not expecting that this year.
Any luck with closing?

I'm nearly 18 weeks sale agreed and no contact from anyone or updates since week 12. The probate was supposedly due to be sorted 6 weeks ago but there's been radio silence since then. Still no contracts issued. Waiting for the EA to get back to me now again. At this stage I feel like pulling out completely as I'm sick of being in the dark. On the other hand I haven't seen any other properties that interest me.
12-12-2019, 23:07   #204
stevek93

How long after request for funds from solicitor? No idea after this point.
Advertisement
13-12-2019, 05:11   #205
Sparks15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek93 View Post
How long after request for funds from solicitor? No idea after this point.
My solicitor requested funds last Thursday. Bank found no direct debit mandate on my file so had to sort that before final approval. Funds were then released on Wednesday.

I was told cut off point was today to have all documentation with the bank in order to drawdown this year so I was anxious to get all of the mortgage stuff done before that.

Sale closed yesterday and keys obtained from estate agent yesterday evening.

Last edited by Sparks15; 13-12-2019 at 05:56.
13-12-2019, 10:11   #206
Uglysoik1

Sale agreed beginning of Oct. Solicitor got contracts end of November. Silence since then, been chasing my solicitor but no word from them. This waiting game is a killer!

Last edited by Uglysoik1; 13-12-2019 at 12:11.
13-12-2019, 11:58   #207
Jen Pigs Fly

Mortgage protection insurance taking weeks, I just want to close!!
13-12-2019, 12:30   #208
Corruptedmorals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlessienne View Post
Any luck with closing?

I'm nearly 18 weeks sale agreed and no contact from anyone or updates since week 12. The probate was supposedly due to be sorted 6 weeks ago but there's been radio silence since then. Still no contracts issued. Waiting for the EA to get back to me now again. At this stage I feel like pulling out completely as I'm sick of being in the dark. On the other hand I haven't seen any other properties that interest me.

No. The document will issue any day. Next week will be 6 months sale agreed. All sides appear to be pushing for the close but we've definitely lost time with the order the other side have done things. The main priority now is not to have to reapply and go back to underwriting as it'll delay and be horrible timing, but if it can close in January it won't have to. Waiting with no definitive timeline is so frustrating. Have you threatened to pull out or could you call to EA office in person maybe? It can be too easy sometimes to be ignored with emails. Hopefully you hear back soon.
13-12-2019, 12:46   #209
Sueffun

We also went sale agreed end September, paid the deposit and heard nothing since.
We have the additional problem of living in South Africa and so it's a huge move that involves international shipping which takes 6 weeks for our things to arrive and organising our animals.
I can't understand went the EA in Ireland are so slow in getting things done, don't they need the income?
13-12-2019, 13:23   #210
Wildly Boaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueffun View Post
I can't understand went the EA in Ireland are so slow in getting things done, don't they need the income?
Nothing at all to do with the EA

They are glorified car salesmen

They get a listing up and find a buyer
They then pretend to try to speed things up while speaking out of both sides of their mouth to the two parties.

Solicitors do all the work - slowly
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion