Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
19-05-2019, 01:44   #16
dxhound2005
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 12,351
It's not a good thread title. The first post in a new thread could be anti alt-right, but that could not stop alt-right supporters or people with other opinions giving their views as well.

And it would surely be against the Boards ethos to have threads where only one point of view was allowed.
dxhound2005 is offline  
Advertisement
19-05-2019, 01:46   #17
Yer Da sells Avon
Registered User
 
Yer Da sells Avon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 3,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Face View Post
Not everyone who voted for both would classified thusly.
Middle America and Middle England voted that way because of the failings, perceived or otherwise, of the contemporary governments in place.
I think it was Stewart Lee who quite rightly said that it wasn't just racists who voted for Trump and Brexit. Cunts did too.
Yer Da sells Avon is offline  
(3) thanks from:
19-05-2019, 01:48   #18
Your Face
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yer Da sells Avon View Post
I think it was Stewart Lee who quite rightly said that it wasn't just racists who voted for Trump and Brexit. Cunts did too.

Stewart Lee gets appropriated by all sorts.
Your Face is offline  
19-05-2019, 01:48   #19
Dohnjoe
Registered User
 
Dohnjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Face View Post
Not everyone who voted for both would classified thusly.
Middle America and Middle England voted that way because of the failings, perceived or otherwise, of the contemporary governments in place.
The "perceived" part is key, not to mention potent

We're in an era of almost unfettered internet content and people are gullible. A series of grim lessons is (slowly) teaching us this
Dohnjoe is offline  
(2) thanks from:
19-05-2019, 01:49   #20
Sciprio
Registered User
 
Sciprio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birneybau View Post
At least the Gemma O'Doherty thread drew the worms out of the soil.
What is the alt-right and what does it represent? People like bat**** crazy Gemma O'Doherty?I'm in the middle i would say. I think what contributes to the "right" is politicians not listening to their voters and we see this happening all over the world. We also have stuff on the left about many things including "Trans" but to be honest how many people here would let their kid going into a bathroom and shortly after it a guy wearing a dress?

Would you say "Oh that's fine, we're all equal" Or " Jeez, this guy is wearing a skirt and going into the female toilets where my daughter has just gone" Would you have second thoughts? Yes you would. Edit: I don't agree with gemma and will encourage people to vote against her.
Sciprio is offline  
Advertisement
19-05-2019, 01:50   #21
ToddyDoody
Registered User
 
ToddyDoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yer Da sells Avon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Face View Post
Not everyone who voted for both would classified thusly.
Middle America and Middle England voted that way because of the failings, perceived or otherwise, of the contemporary governments in place.
I think it was Stewart Lee who quite rightly said that it wasn't just racists who voted for Trump and Brexit. Cunts did too.
Its British culture. "don't tread on me / us"
ToddyDoody is offline  
19-05-2019, 01:56   #22
Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo
Registered User
 
Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddyDoody View Post
Here's the one from 2007:
https://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/16500
Gave it a fair glance there. Can't give it anymore than that now. Can look over it again tomorrow.

Still think they are pragmatists and soft populists generally (with a sharp Republican/Ra slant).
Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo is offline  
Thanks from:
19-05-2019, 02:00   #23
ToddyDoody
Registered User
 
ToddyDoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddyDoody View Post
Here's the one from 2007:
https://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/16500
Gave it a fair glance there. Can't give it anymore than that now. Can look over it again tomorrow.

Still think they are pragmatists and soft populists generally (with a sharp Republican/Ra slant).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddyDoody View Post
Here's the one from 2007:
https://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/16500
Gave it a fair glance there. Can't give it anymore than that now. Can look over it again tomorrow.

Still think they are pragmatists and soft populists generally (with a sharp Republican/Ra slant).
I would have thought Mary Lou is a bit of a head the ball?
ToddyDoody is offline  
19-05-2019, 02:04   #24
Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo
Registered User
 
Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveYourVibes View Post
By the alt right.
That slur is being thrown around way too much. To understand something we need more than that. To me the alt right in a real sense simply means a straight up pure race nationalist. But how many people actually meet that criteria? The insult is used so much now it is losing meaning.
Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo is offline  
Advertisement
19-05-2019, 02:07   #25
Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo
Registered User
 
Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddyDoody View Post
I would have thought Mary Lou is a bit of a head the ball?
Thought she was just a typical Fianna Fail archetype politician, who then saw a better route to the top with Sinn Fein, and she got there. She's certainly a bit too posh for SF.
Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo is offline  
(3) thanks from:
19-05-2019, 02:08   #26
Birneybau
Registered User
 
Birneybau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxhound2005 View Post
It's not a good thread title. The first post in a new thread could be anti alt-right, but that could not stop alt-right supporters or people with other opinions giving their views as well.

And it would surely be against the Boards ethos to have threads where only one point of view was allowed.
Start your own so
Birneybau is offline  
19-05-2019, 02:13   #27
ToddyDoody
Registered User
 
ToddyDoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddyDoody View Post
I would have thought Mary Lou is a bit of a head the ball?
Thought she was just a Fianna Fail archetype politician, who then saw a better route to the top with Sinn Fein, and she got there. She's certainly a bit too posh for SF.
She sounds as rough as sandpaper to me.

How many crises has the country had in its existence? Surely that's enough to indicate just how pragmatic Irish politics ultimately turns out to be.
ToddyDoody is offline  
19-05-2019, 02:16   #28
bobbysands81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 6,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Face View Post
The extreme exponents of both the Right & Left are as bad as each other - they are both weak freedom-hating idiots.
A clueless point from the “each is as bad as the other” camp written by someone thinking they’re smart but really aren’t.

Seriously, have a think about what both these polar opposites politics positions are like before you embarrass yourself further.
bobbysands81 is offline  
19-05-2019, 02:21   #29
Your Face
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysands81 View Post
A clueless point from the “each is as bad as the other” camp written by someone thinking they’re smart but really aren’t.

Seriously, have a think about what both these polar opposites politics positions are like before you embarrass yourself further.

Cognitive dissonance has hit you hard.


Dont reply to what you dont understand.
Your Face is offline  
19-05-2019, 02:35   #30
The Enbalmer
Registered User
 
The Enbalmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo
That slur is being thrown around way too much. To understand something we need more than that. To me the alt right in a real sense simply means a straight up pure race nationalist. But how many people actually meet that criteria? The insult is used so much now it is losing meaning.
What's a "pure race nationalist"?
The Enbalmer is offline  
Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search