Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MSHC Round 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

Motivator wrote: »
    Obviously you watched it on tv so rather than give it to you with both barrels I will gently inform you off the crap Gleeson has to put up with for 75 minutes. Clare horsed into him, which they were well entitled to do but there was a good few needless off the ball incidents and throwing Kelly’s hurley into the crowd happened about 5 seconds after Kelly giving him a shot.

The anti Gleeson carry on is getting tiresome now. Mullane had to put up with it his entire career. Funnily enough, all the anti Gleeson stuff is usually doing the rounds on Twitter, Facebook and these types of forums during the match. Written by people who clearly aren’t actually at the game and haven’t a clue what they’re talking about.

Thanks so much for sparing me both barrels, I just don't know how I'd cope with that.

You think Gleeson is the only high profile player that has to put up with stuff? As an example, TJ Reid had 75 mins of that from a marker with zero interest in the ball yesterday evening, but he didn't resort to face guard pulling, hurl throwing, in the face goading, diving, dropping the knee into the back, feigning injury, dry humping and all the other petulant actions we've seen from Glesson.

I'm not on facebook or twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sasol

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    I don’t think you were watching the same game as us. Never said he was the reason cork lost, but his decisions were despicably inexplicable.

Which decisions exactly?

There was one crucial enough decision when Horgan had a guaranteed free in and he somehow gave a free out. Tipp backs were much more cynical than us in terms of making sure no goals when we got inside.

Horgan was charging. Correct decision

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Motivator

Thanks so much for sparing me both barrels, I just don't know how I'd cope with that.

You think Gleeson is the only high profile player that has to put up with stuff? As an example, TJ Reid had 75 mins of that from a marker with zero interest in the ball yesterday evening, but he didn't resort to face guard pulling, hurl throwing, in the face goading, diving, dropping the knee into the back, feigning injury, dry humping and all the other petulant actions we've seen from Glesson.

I'm not on facebook or twitter

Reid is well able to dish it out too, as are most players, and I’ve no problem with that. What I do have an issue with is people calling Gleeson a “tinker” or that he’s this and that. Pure nonsense and no need for it.

Gleeson mixes it as well as anyone but this rubbish of cherry picking a split second incident in an entire game to knock a fella or abuse him is just not on. I pulled two Clare men on it today and they quickly shut their mouths a couple of people related to Gleeson were no more than 5 feet away. Jeering lads is one thing but the personal stuff isn’t on.

Anyway, fair play to Clare today I think they’ll go far this year again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

sasol wrote: »
    Which decisions exactly?

Let me just write out all of them there ffs, get a grip

• Advertisement

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Let me just write out all of them there ffs, get a grip

So you can’t ......thought so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

sasol wrote: »
    So you can’t ......thought so

Got me there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭threeball

Motivator wrote: »
    Reid is well able to dish it out too, as are most players, and I’ve no problem with that. What I do have an issue with is people calling Gleeson a “tinker” or that he’s this and that. Pure nonsense and no need for it.

Gleeson mixes it as well as anyone but this rubbish of cherry picking a split second incident in an entire game to knock a fella or abuse him is just not on. I pulled two Clare men on it today and they quickly shut their mouths a couple of people related to Gleeson were no more than 5 feet away. Jeering lads is one thing but the personal stuff isn’t on.

Anyway, fair play to Clare today I think they’ll go far this year again.

No one here called him a tinker. He's just not that good in general apart from the odd standout performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Might as well use this thread for the whole Munster hurling championship.

Expect a reasonably comfortable win for Tipp over Waterford but think we will have a great game between cork and limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

That should have been a yellow card for Cathal Barrett

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lively start.

So waterfords game plan is to run at tipp ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

According to Derek, that'll be O'Mahonys last wide of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Waterford full back line looks a bit exposed

Ah. I've missed John McGraths facial tics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭C__MC

Is it your logical for people now to see why mc grath set up Waterford the way he did?

Lovely sideline cut from Forde

EDIT: Followed up by another one by Ronan Maher

Waterford's half forward line are letting the tipp half back line come out too easily

Is Austin Gleeson in Thurles

citykat wrote: »

Has he been mentioned more than once?

• Advertisement

RMAOK wrote: »
    citykat wrote: »

Has he been mentioned more than once?
    I’ve only heard his name once and he missed the free.

The Waterford puck out isn’t helping.

Dirts comin out of the Deise now

• Administrators Posts: 53,356 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

He should have just let him score.

Good night Waterford

Game over now imo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

And that’s the end of that game anyway. Still had one defender back.

Definitely a yellow card anyway for Gleeson.

TV cameras didn't pick up what his first yellow was for (Seamus Cal got booked too)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭threeball

awec wrote: »
    He should have just let him score.

Totally agree. More important to keep a player on the field can concede a goal in hurling.

Waterford are dire. Austin Gleeson missing in action again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,990 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Stupid second yellow card to pick up by Conor Gleeson. Any remote chance they had of winning, is gone.

Advertisement