Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aliexpress watches recommended by "Just one more watch"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I had the Cadisen that looks like a Longines Conquest. It has a Miyota movement which kept pretty good time. Only issue I had with it was the noisy rotor.

Gave it in to my dad after his watch broke a few weeks ago and he's had no problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Ionised

Funny coincidence, but a 'Seiko' arrived from Aliexpress this morning.

I had assumed it would be terrible but it really isn't. Quiet rotor, nicely polished and even the bracelet is fair quality. I will keep an eye on accuracy over the next few days.
    At €60 delivered it is fair value.

Can you spot the Feiko?

SNIP

Of course you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Ionised wrote: »
    Funny coincidence, but a 'Seiko' arrived from Aliexpress this morning.

I had assumed it would be terrible but it really isn't. Quiet rotor, nicely polished and even the bracelet is fair quality. I will keep an eye on accuracy over the next few days.
    At €60 delivered it is fair value.

Can you spot the Feiko?

SNIP

Of course you can!

I'll bite so, one on the left with the cocktail time face is the fake???

Look good though, link?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ionised, one of the major rules about the place is we don't promote or reference fakes unless it's as a warning on one of the buying threads. Now there's an discussion about "homages", but the moment they slap another maker's name on the dial that discussion changes into deception. Hope you understand

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Ionised

Wibbs wrote:
    Ionised, one of the major rules about the place is we don't promote or reference fakes unless it's as a warning on one of the buying threads. Now there's an discussion about "homages", but the moment they slap another maker's name on the dial that discussion changes into deception. Hope you understand

No worries.

Best I don't post a link so!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ionised wrote: »
    No worries.

Best I don't post a link so!
    Might be a plan alright I...

480201.jpg

:D:D:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement