Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary transfer for 24hr test drive (Aviva)

• 03-05-2019 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

I have a 24hr test drive arranged for a brand new car I'd like to buy from a dealership, but cannot transfer insurance temporarily from my car with Aviva as they "don't cover test drives". Dealer requires insurance to be transferred and has never come across this issue before with other companies, and has cars out for 24hr test drive constantly. Has anyone here had this issue with Aviva or another company? Bizarrely, they will cover a courtesy car if my own is in for servicing, but never a test drive! I am fully comp, no claims etc etc and a long standing customer.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Tell them it's a courtesy car then.

Advertisement