Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vega testing for food intolerances

• 25-04-2019 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have experience with testing for food intolerances? I've had ongoing health issues akin to a food allergy, but my doctor seems to have given up. Despite finding articles mentioning that they should not be relied on alone, I want to try it to see if it points me in the right direction.

In Dublin, there seems to be a choice between finger prick tests and "vega testing" (accupuncture type test). Vega testing is half the price but the first few articles Ive found from the UK debunk it pretty quickly.

Does anyone have experience with either?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

Vega testing is a scam, absolutely zero science to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭RoamingDoc

An immunologist is the best bet for testing for allergies.

If you are concerned about a coeliac disease type of food intolerance, a referral to a gastroenterologist is your best bet.

Advertisement