Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Launch sites - North dublin/Louth

• 15-04-2019 9:17pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Would like to try out some new sea launch sites in North Dublin/Louth.

I have a 13ft Freedom, and mostly used on lakes/rivers, but would like to try some calm close to shore sea paddles to begin with.

Annagassan & Clogherhead are two I can think of, what sites do ye go from ?
    Mainly North Dublin, or even near Howth, plus Louth/meath.

Thanks
    K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Darragh1977

karltimber wrote: »
    Hi,

Would like to try out some new sea launch sites in North Dublin/Louth.

I have a 13ft Freedom, and mostly used on lakes/rivers, but would like to try some calm close to shore sea paddles to begin with.

Annagassan & Clogherhead are two I can think of, what sites do ye go from ?
    Mainly North Dublin, or even near Howth, plus Louth/meath.

Thanks
    K

I use the Martello Tower slipway in Balbriggan - a hidden gem. Easy, free parking, never too busy (apart from sunny weekend days in summer) and low tide is close enough if you have your wheels on. High tide is about 10 metres from the car. It's my main launch point. But then, I only live about 500 metres away as the crow flies!

Paddle around to Balbriggan beach at high tide for a gentle paddle or on a calm day head on over to Skerries or up towards Drogheda... beautiful, outrageously under-rated coastline. Can't go wrong.

Also: the beach at the end of the river Delvin in Gormanston is a winner too - but you'd need wheels unless you're in and out on the nose of high tide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Skerries harbour is a great launch point, very sheltered. I also use the north shore of Malahide Estuary for an inland paddle.

Must try Balbriggan as that's where I live!

Advertisement