Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Office 365 down, yet again

Options
  • 31-03-2019 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Microsoft has a serious reliability, continuity of service and security of service problem with its Office 365 non-system.

It breaks virtually every week for a period, and forces sign in when one is on an aircraft. In my experience, internet access in Europe is crap while flying, even on Lufthansa. I want to use my computer in flight.

It is high time that the dysfunctional EU investigated the Microsoft move to the cloud and fined the company 50 or 100 bn or whatever it takes to get the company to fix the system or retire from the business, and allow others to provide basic office software that works all of the time. The same goes for Adobe creative cloud. And probably other SAAS offerings. Including banking systems.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Impetus

The downdetector map is interesting for the Office 365 outage:

https://downdetector.ie/problems/office-365/map/

As of the posting time, Frankfurt and Munich are screaming. As are Switzerland and Vienna regions, Barcelona, Copenhagen, and London, Belgium and NL, l'Isle de France, Milan, Hamburg, perhaps Stockholm, even Helsinki and Moscow and the Balearic Islands (another part of Catalonia along with BCN) and Istambul.

Either everything is fine in the rest of Europe, or they are the dozy areas of our continent?

Advertisement