Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

salmocab wrote: »
    Once everything is in order it seems to be, there are special photo booths to get the photo taken if you want and it gives you a code to input during the process and your photo pops up

I just used the mobile phone and followed their guidelines and it accepted the photo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,248 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

pc7 wrote: »
    I just used the mobile phone and followed their guidelines and it accepted the photo

Yeah was gonna do that but a mates was rejected 3 times and he couldn’t get it right so I didn’t try.

Yeah was gonna do that but a mates was rejected 3 times and he couldn’t get it right so I didn’t try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭VG31

I had the same problem and I took mine with a proper camera. I followed the guidelines exactly. I went to a photo booth in the end and it rejected the photo despite it looking perfectly fine. I did manage to get a refund from the photo booth company thankfully.

Overall it took four attempts to get the photo right (two with my camera, two from the photo booths). My dad also got the photo for the online application done in a booth and his was also rejected the first time.

Maybe I was just unlucky, but they seem to be extremely particular about the photos.

I had the same problem and I took mine with a proper camera. I followed the guidelines exactly. I went to a photo booth in the end and it rejected the photo despite it looking perfectly fine. I did manage to get a refund from the photo booth company thankfully.

Overall it took four attempts to get the photo right (two with my camera, two from the photo booths). My dad also got the photo for the online application done in a booth and his was also rejected the first time.

Maybe I was just unlucky, but they seem to be extremely particular about the photos.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

That's weird it rejected the photo booth one? I must have just been lucky with the mobile ones.

• Advertisement

That's weird it rejected the photo booth one? I must have just been lucky with the mobile ones.

The photo booth one was automatically rejected as soon as I tried to upload it. The guy who I talked to from the photo booth company didn't know what was wrong with it. I got my money back quickly to be fair.

The ones I took myself were rejected a few days later so I presume a human must have looked at them.

The photo booth one was automatically rejected as soon as I tried to upload it. The guy who I talked to from the photo booth company didn't know what was wrong with it. I got my money back quickly to be fair.

The ones I took myself were rejected a few days later so I presume a human must have looked at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

VG31 wrote: »

I got somebody to take a few pictures with my phone. They were of varying quality, but a bit of messing around cropping to the right size and one of them was accepted, which didn't appear much different to the rejected ones. Seems abut hit and miss.

I got somebody to take a few pictures with my phone. They were of varying quality, but a bit of messing around cropping to the right size and one of them was accepted, which didn't appear much different to the rejected ones. Seems abut hit and miss.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Sent renewal for child's passport on 28th August received today. Was worried about his pics but no problems and really quick turnaround

Sent renewal for child's passport on 28th August received today. Was worried about his pics but no problems and really quick turnaround

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys I'm trying to find flights from Dublin to LAX. All the booking sites seem to lure you in with low prices that are not actually real. Or no baggage included which is insane - then they charge you €100 extra per bag etc. What's the best price I'm likely to get, dates 29th Sept to 13th Oct?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys I'm trying to find flights from Dublin to LAX. All the booking sites seem to lure you in with low prices that are not actually real. Or no baggage included which is insane - then they charge you €100 extra per bag etc. What's the best price I'm likely to get, dates 29th Sept to 13th Oct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Zascar wrote: »

Anything 500-600 with less than a month would be doing well imo. Some good offers on skysanner for less than 400 atm indirect (dunno about bags).

Air Canada offering for 409 currently.

Advertisement