Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The size of some of these Limerick lads is phenomenal

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Wex 0-14 Dub 0-14

Could be a goal that decides this

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Dublin 0-16 Wexford 0-14

Wex 1-18 Dub 0-20

Some game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Dublin folding near the end of a match? I'm shocked.

• Advertisement

Dublin goal last second of the game. Finishes level

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭C__MC

Big result for Dublin that,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Best we can hope for now is to hammer Carlow - not a given by any means - and that Wexford get beaten well by Kilkenny and Galway.

After that a hiding in the quarter finals. Very disappointing. Only a few lads like Moran and Barrett really stood up when it mattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Limerick getting a kicking here

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭warfie35

Limerick getting a kicking here

Got well beaten....Cork won every battle all over the field

• Advertisement

Limerick not as unbeatable as we all thought they certainly showed weaknesses today. Amazing week in hurling last week cork were finished this week they're one of the favorites for the all Ireland.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Limerick not as unbeatable as we all thought they certainly showed weaknesses today. Amazing week in hurling last week cork were finished this week they're one of the favorites for the all Ireland.

Long way to go yet . Pressure is on Limerick now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The calendar needs to be looked at and maybe put back a few weeks

Some counties will have no intercoutny action after the 2nd weekend in bloody June.

Imo this new calendar is killing the GAA. The Championships are competing with the ends of the Soccer, rugby seasons and other things like festivals, comunnions/confirmations etc.
    Far from killing the GAA but how do you change it unless you completely overhaul the whole structure of inter county season and way league is ran. Putting things back few weeks has big impact later in the year and impacts clubs even more so.
    There is festivals all summer so that is no excuse for competition.
    Bonniedog wrote: »
    I was glad the Communion got me out of going after what happened!

Compressing the season is massive marketing fail. Good crowd in Cork and even that was down on sell outs that were the norm for Tipp/cork games, but other venues obviously hit by all the other stuff going on.

The usual borefest of the EPL ended in a bit of excitement, which could not be foreseen, but a bit disturbing that so many people prefer watching that cr@p on the TV instead of their own neighbours playing hurling or football, or soccer for that matter.
    I wouldnt call it a marketing fail though if you feel it is then what do you change it to as going back to the traditional/"old" format cant be the way forward.
    nice_guy80 wrote: »
    there are clearly people making decisions in HQ that don't have a clue about the natural rythym of country GAA supporters
    But that natural rhythm needs to change for GAA to really compete against other sports in long term
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    This BS early championship calendar is working out for the GAA as they are attracting younger top standard players over too the US/Canada/Australia etc too play with clubs for the summer when there IC teams are out of the all Ireland and there clubs agree too hold off fixtures
    Croke Park needs to be harsher on counties who do that as clubs shouldnt be able to push back fixtures and allowing people go over to States during summer isnt what should be good for GAA.
    Two Munster games on TV today. Would it really cost RTE that much to stream one of the other games on the player? Useless shower
    Because they cant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

We all thought?

At the end of the day they were only ever marginal favourites for this year's All Ireland at any stage, if at all, and at long enough odds. This isn't prime Kilkenny we're talking about - I'm really struggling to see how so many are shocked about today

Last year, they limped over the line against a woeful Galway performance, Cork had them at their mercy in the semi and they scraped by a rebuilding KK team, being essentially carried by a half fit Richie Hogan on the day. That was after not even making the Munster final.

A commendable All Ireland win but nothing to suggest at all they would then become an "unbeatable" dominant force.

The league was impressive yes, but its been very difficult to gauge league form in recent years.

And who said Cork were finished last week? Even with a loss today they would be far from gone, given they've - on paper - the two easier games as their last 2.

Still so much hurling to be played, but no-one is finished yet and no-one is close to unbeatable, even if Tipp are making some nice early running

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

ArielAtom wrote: »

Ah jaysus nothing to do with the Munster championship, a few clowns fighting is all. If they didn't do it there, be outside some pub

Ah jaysus nothing to do with the Munster championship, a few clowns fighting is all. If they didn't do it there, be outside some pub

It's in a stadium at a match, can hardly wash the hands of it altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭n32

nothing to do with munster championship or gaa in general. beered up scumbags is all that is. they are about as representative of the gaa as an orange order marching band!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Motivator

Young Tipperary fans with terrible haircuts and skintight jeans fighting amongst themselves. They’ve been at it for years, nothing to see there to be honest. I remember being at the 2008 Munster Final and they were at the same carry but on a much larger scale. A couple of older Clare fans that somehow got mixed up with them got a few belts that day. Sadly this kind of behaviour has become synonymous with Tipperary over the years, I wouldn’t expect any different from them.

Ah now I wouldn't be labeling tipp fans because of a few drunken thugs, the majority of their support are decent people, every county has there fair share of scumbags.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Motivator wrote: »
    Young Tipperary fans with terrible haircuts and skintight jeans fighting amongst themselves. They’ve been at it for years, nothing to see there to be honest. I remember being at the 2008 Munster Final and they were at the same carry but on a much larger scale. A couple of older Clare fans that somehow got mixed up with them got a few belts that day. Sadly this kind of behaviour has become synonymous with Tipperary over the years, I wouldn’t expect any different from them.
    Every county has idiots supporting them at games. Its not synonymous with Tipp at all. Ridiculous to say it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Motivator

Every county has idiots supporting them at games. Its not synonymous with Tipp at all. Ridiculous to say it is

A few of them made shît of a pub on the road out of cork a few years ago after they played in Pairc Ui Caoimh. Same carry on as that today fighting amongst themselves and I’ve seen it in the Blackrock End over the years. Not a ridiculous thing to say as I’ve seen it with my own eyes.

Motivator wrote: »
    A few of them made shît of a pub on the road out of cork a few years ago after they played in Pairc Ui Caoimh. Same carry on as that today fighting amongst themselves and I’ve seen it in the Blackrock End over the years. Not a ridiculous thing to say as I’ve seen it with my own eyes.
    You are tarring an entire county by actions of a minority but point is every county has idiots including your's(which is??) and you cant just criticise one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

You are tarring an entire county by actions of a minority but point is every county has idiots including your's(which is??) and you cant just criticise one

When da drink goes in the true colours come out ... simple

lab man wrote: »
    But point is you cant typecast thousands and thousands of fans by the actions of a small minority

lab man wrote: »

I didn't see any of them with a drink in the video.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Only a fool would think that video has something to do with the Munster Championship.

Couple of fellas throwing a few digs.

Saw 2 fellas fighting in UCC once, numbers there have been falling ever since :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Only a fool would think that video has something to do with the Munster Championship.

Couple of fellas throwing a few digs.

Saw 2 fellas fighting in UCC once, numbers there have been falling ever since :rolleyes:

And only a gob****e would try and make little of a punch up at a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

In fairness there are idiots following every county.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

And only a gob****e would try and make little of a punch up at a game.

...or convert a few slaps into an inquiry into the Munster Chaampionship ;)

Advertisement