Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reflective material to sew onto jackets - Dublin?

Options
  • 07-01-2019 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Anyone recommend a reflective material I can sew strips onto kids' school jackets? Preferably grey / silver. Any shop in Dublin I could get it?

Dark mornings, crazy traffic and seeing an ambulance at the crossroads beside our school this morning, picking up a schoolboy boy who came off his bike, has spurred me into action. My kids are walking, crossing heavy traffic roads, and their uniforms are dark. The school hasn't responded to my suggestion that school jackets include reflective strips, so I better do it myself. I've thrown reflective arm bands at the kids but I suspect they go into their pockets, not on their arms.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The RSA are giving out free high viz vests. I think some garda stations have them to hand out too. There have been lots of tweets from the gardai about handing them out.

You can get them sent to you on the RSA website for free, they have various other things like bags and armbands

https://www.rsaorders.ie/orders-online/ scroll down to "High Visibility Goods"

I have a bib and it would be very easy to cut the sticthes out and resew the reflective bit onto something else.

There is a lot of debate as to the effectiveness of high viz

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Any of the €2 shops would have both the hi-viz jackets and the arm straps/belts. Otherwise the likes of Hickeys (or a large department store, say Arnotts) would have the material itself. You can also try the outdoors and sports goods shops, or the bike places.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

rubadub wrote: »
    The RSA are giving out free high viz vests. I think some garda stations have them to hand out too. There have been lots of tweets from the gardai about handing them out.

You can get them sent to you on the RSA website for free, they have various other things like bags and armbands

https://www.rsaorders.ie/orders-online/ scroll down to "High Visibility Goods"

I have a bib and it would be very easy to cut the sticthes out and resew the reflective bit onto something else.

There is a lot of debate as to the effectiveness of high viz

Anything is better than nothing in my opinion. As a driver and cyclist in Dublin, hi viz helps.

Thanks for the link - I've placed an order - much appreciated.

Advertisement