Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Ryanair discusion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Thanks, that clarifies it.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MoeJay

EASA is quite specific about these things:

“suitable accommodation” means, for the purpose of standby, split duty, and rest, a separate room for each crew member located in a quiet environment and equipped with a bed, which is sufficiently ventilated, has a device for regulating temperature and light intensity, and access to food and drink.

I can’t find any exceptions to that rule, if there is please let me know...

If a company that generates over 7 billion in revenue is seriously suggesting that no other alternative whatsoever existed (and then effectively goes on to say just that) and says that is reasonable, it doesn’t add up to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Two pilots were flown in from other bases to return the 24 crew members back to Porto. It was not a revenue flight.

However, once aboard the aircraft, the crew asked the operating captain, "Could we open the aircraft bar and heat up some sandwiches, and have some soft drinks?"
    He reportedly called Ops in Dublin and was told "No, they can't!"

Ryanair, always getting worse... :(
    Is there any actual proof that bar ,sambos soft drink was refused on the plane or is it just all hearsay.
    Sadly finding it harder to believe what Ryanair implyees say any more

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Sorry, I hope this is resolved now.

And I can't help comparing the photo of them sleeping on the floor (their positioning, ahem) to the pic of the woman who took her kids to the Garda Station overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

MoeJay wrote: »
    EASA is quite specific about these things:

“suitable accommodation” means, for the purpose of standby, split duty, and rest, a separate room for each crew member located in a quiet environment and equipped with a bed, which is sufficiently ventilated, has a device for regulating temperature and light intensity, and access to food and drink.

I can’t find any exceptions to that rule, if there is please let me know...

If a company that generates over 7 billion in revenue is seriously suggesting that no other alternative whatsoever existed (and then effectively goes on to say just that) and says that is reasonable, it doesn’t add up to me.

That about sums it up. Everything else in this is window dressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

"Alle Ryanair-Büros und Crew-Räume sind aus Sicherheitsgründen mit Kameras ausgestattet und entsprechend der Datenschutzverordnung weisen wir darauf hin", verteidigt die Airline die Aufzeichnung gegenüber aero.de.
    Ryanair states to a website called aero.de that the recording of staff in the crew rooms is recorded on safety grounds and in compliance with data protection regulations.

If this is factually incorrect then any of those aggrieved employees, not the Unions can take Ryanair to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

Safety or security grounds? Two very different things. Google translates it as "security".

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

That may be the grounds for the recording but doesn't give carte blanche to release it

It is a matter for the data subject and data processor/controller, not us, not unions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I often wonder what people expect from Ryanair, they provide flights for a tenner ffs. I love flying with them.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    That may be the grounds for the recording but doesn't give carte blanche to release it

Exactly. It is not rocket science to understand that there is a world of a difference between storing personally identifiable data and publicly releasing it.

For exemple my employer stores my name, address, salary, phone number, etc as I have a contract with them and it is necessary to have me as an employee ... all very legal and fair, but in no way does it give them the right to post all of that information on Twitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MoeJay

The whole CCTV issue is a mere sideshow to try and get away from the fact that it would appear that an operator did not provide, for some reason, suitable accommodation for its crew.

That is the real issue.

MoeJay wrote: »
    The whole CCTV issue is a mere sideshow to try and get away from the fact that it would appear that an operator did not provide, for some reason, suitable accommodation for its crew.

That is the real issue.

True, but I actually don’t think it is a very good diversion. While people talk about the recording it also keeps the real issue under the public eye, whereas otherwise it would probably die down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Bob24 wrote: »
    True, but I actually don’t think it is a very good diversion. While people talk about the recording it also keeps the real issue under the public eye, whereas otherwise it would probably die down.

It's not uncommon for Ryanair to let their spitefulness towards their staff get in the way of their better judgement and resultant negative publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Ryanair's very own Peter Bellew (COO) has said the lounge opened to crew and passengers at 05:15 so the crews must have spent much more than just "a short time" in the crew room before being moved. Either way, an airport lounge is still inadequate.

Cough cough he's here

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

If I put an adult in as a child and a child in as an adult should I contact Ryanair to fix up?

Won't allow me to change the title without paying money within the 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    If I put an adult in as a child and a child in as an adult should I contact Ryanair to fix up?

Won't allow me to change the title without paying money within the 24 hours
    Nothing to lose by calling, they have more flexibility within first 24 hours.

Edit: I've also had success with the web chat before where I needed to change baby's date of birth. Baby name changes are very easy to do online for free.

Hopefully they’ll be flexible. Not like I’m doing a person change. Just a bad typo mistake

Chat said titles are not printed on boarding passes

They made the change anyway.

They have their good sides

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

only a few days to the new bag policy I expect mayhem on thursday morning on the 100 gates

Someone asked me a question I could not answer .... if everyone wants to bring a wheely on board isnt there a limit on the number of priority boardings that can be purchased what happens if a>b ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

trellheim wrote: »
    only a few days to the new bag policy I expect mayhem on thursday morning on the 100 gates

Someone asked me a question I could not answer .... if everyone wants to bring a wheely on board isnt there a limit on the number of priority boardings that can be purchased what happens if a>b ?

I imagine in that case the only option would be to pay the slightly higher fee to check your cabin baggage at the check-in desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭john boye

I see the first FR B737-max is coming together in Everett

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I've noticed twice recently when arriving at the gate for Ryanair flights that the priority queue was massively long (100 pax) and no one was using the non priority queue. On both occasions we just sailed past the queue with our non priority tickets and went through the gate in seconds. I felt like I was jumping the queue. This was before the new punitive baggage restriction rules that might tempt more to buy priority tickets but surely not the vast majority of pax? A friend noticed it on her flight too recently. Has anyone else noticed it and what would be the reason? I thought the whole purpose of paying premium was to skip the queues, not the other way round?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

I believe they can sell up to 110 priority tickets for each flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

I thought the whole purpose of paying premium was to skip the queues, not the other way round?
    its to bring a rollie not to skip the queues

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

It's to avoid the queue at the bag drop before security, and the wait at the other end for the bags to arrive on the belt, priority is cheaper than paying for a hold bag if it's taken when the booking is made.

For us, it will mean a reduction in the number of flights we take each year, which probably won't upset Ryanair, as they seem to be able to pack their flights to the gills anyway.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭blackwhite

ongarboy wrote: »
    I've noticed twice recently when arriving at the gate for Ryanair flights that the priority queue was massively long (100 pax) and no one was using the non priority queue. On both occasions we just sailed past the queue with our non priority tickets and went through the gate in seconds. I felt like I was jumping the queue. This was before the new punitive baggage restriction rules that might tempt more to buy priority tickets but surely not the vast majority of pax? A friend noticed it on her flight too recently. Has anyone else noticed it and what would be the reason? I thought the whole purpose of paying premium was to skip the queues, not the other way round?

One really has to question WTF the Ryanair staff manning the gate are at in those situations.

Surely they shouldn't be boarding non-priority PAX until the priority line has gone through?

It makes little difference; From Frankfurt Main all three shuttle buses were waiting at the plane for boarding and only opened up the doors and vomited forth all passengers together at the same time when given the signal to do so.

At least the booking system is clever enough to know that Security Fast Track is not available in Frankfurt Main so that is some money not wasted and I find no reference to priority boarding on the web page so they don't appear to be pushing it that heavily.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/AeroimagesChris/status/1064029721216790528/photo/1

The first of the High Capacity Max 8 planes(formerly known as Max200), EI-HAT, is seen for the first time.

Note the additional doors rear of the wings.

Advertisement