Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-05-2019, 19:33   #46
Stovepipe

Neither school is formally attached to an airline, unless you count AFTA dealing with Air Astana. What schools do is feed the airlines, so if FR come along and say "we want 12 candidates", the twelve with the best results and personal recommendation of the boss of the school will get their names put forward and then they face the hurdle of the Type Rating. In Ireland, a lot depends on airline recruiters calling the schools and asking their old mates, "What's he or she like?", and people who are arrogant or otherwise annoying get shelved quietly. Word of mouth is still strong in Ireland.
Advertisement
17-05-2019, 19:45   #47
milhous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovepipe View Post
Neither school is formally attached to an airline, unless you count AFTA dealing with Air Astana. What schools do is feed the airlines, so if FR come along and say "we want 12 candidates", the twelve with the best results and personal recommendation of the boss of the school will get their names put forward and then they face the hurdle of the Type Rating. In Ireland, a lot depends on airline recruiters calling the schools and asking their old mates, "What's he or she like?", and people who are arrogant or otherwise annoying get shelved quietly. Word of mouth is still strong in Ireland.
I thought they were like a training school for Ryanair or some such. They're mentioned in their ad. Think NFC is the place for me.
17-05-2019, 20:13   #48
faoiarvok

Quote:
Originally Posted by milhous View Post
I thought they were like a training school for Ryanair or some such. They're mentioned in their ad. Think NFC is the place for me.
That’s if you apply through the airline, when they’re running that sort of recruitment.
17-05-2019, 20:18   #49
milhous

Quote:
Originally Posted by faoiarvok View Post
That’s if you apply through the airline, when they’re running that sort of recruitment.
No I rang AFTA, it's an ongoing thing. You do an assessment with them and if you pass its 85k for the integrated course, 6k more than their normal integrated course because they also do FR specific SOPs and you have an FR mentor too. So it's almost like a gaurenteed route to first officer with Ryanair afaik
Thanks from:
17-05-2019, 20:34   #50
faoiarvok

Quote:
No I rang AFTA, it's an ongoing thing. You do an assessment with them and if you pass its 85k for the integrated course, 6k more than their normal integrated course because they also do FR specific SOPs and you have an FR mentor too. So it's almost like a gaurenteed route to first officer with Ryanair afaik
Aha, sorry, thought it was more like other cadetships
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-05-2019, 20:54   #51
California Dreamer

Quote:
And its so good that every flight school in europe is doing it as well.......oh wait!?
17-05-2019, 21:05   #52
milhous

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post
And its so good that every flight school in europe is doing it as well.......oh wait!?
Hmm?

Anyway, it's NFC for me. I'm only an hour away, going to do modular ppl and atpl. Then see what I'll do and where I'll do it from there.
Thanks from:
19-05-2019, 07:11   #53
smurfjed

Just an idea.....

Quote:
The aim of the Cadet Pilot Training program is to provide Etihad Airways with qualified future pilots and aviation professionals trained according to the highest international standards to support the growth of the airline. The Trainee will be developed into a well-rounded individual, equipped with a superior set of technical, personal and professional skills. The Training will consist of flying and theoretical knowledge to the standard required for the Cadet to successfully pass GCAA approved examinations for obtaining a Multi Crew Pilot License (MPL)
There is nothing in the advertisement to say that it's nationality based.
19-05-2019, 09:10   #54
Irish Steve

I may upset a few people here, the "new" multi crew pilot licence is an accountant's way to reduce the cost of getting crew into a commercial aircraft, in as much as it is the only commercial licence that has restrictions on it, you will be unable to hire and fly a light aircraft on that licence, it is only valid for flying as part of a crew, and it is so much focussed on commercial operation that it does not cover smaller aircraft, and in some cases it does not include a (for me) fundamental aspect of flying training, flying solo in a small aircraft to gain experience of having to make decisions about the conduct of a flight, which (for me) is a significant degradation of the overall skill set that is essential to being able to fly any aircraft.
Advertisement
14-06-2019, 22:07   #55
blanchwill

How are you getting on with this milhous? I took an introductory flight with nfc last week. Probably going to go the modular route with them
14-06-2019, 22:20   #56
1123heavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanchwill View Post
How are you getting on with this milhous? I took an introductory flight with nfc last week. Probably going to go the modular route with them
At 217EU/HR it's a flying disgrace
14-06-2019, 23:57   #57
jack_frost_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanchwill View Post
Interested to know too as weighing up a potential career change by doing modular ppl followed by aptl...
15-06-2019, 00:14   #58
milhous

I've decided that I will put this dream to one side for a few years and go for FTE Jerez, costs a fair bit more than Ireland because you're pretty much a border but I think its for me.
Edit: I talked to
three pilots and they recommended going here, they ended up with aerlingus
15-06-2019, 01:14   #59
b757

Quote:
I've decided that I will put this dream to one side for a few years and go for FTE Jerez, costs a fair bit more than Ireland because you're pretty much a border but I think its for me.
Edit: I talked to
three pilots and they recommended going here, they ended up with aerlingus
No offence, but what a load of crap.

Basing the fact that 3 people who went to FTE got Aer Lingus, shouldn't be a reason for you to go there.

Did you talk to two of the people who went to NFC and numerous others who got EI too? I take it you didn't. I'd recommend doing a bit more research rather than shelving the idea of postponing because 3 EI "gods" recommended a holiday in Spain.

Best of luck....

Last edited by b757; 15-06-2019 at 01:27.
Thanks from:
15-06-2019, 09:24   #60
California Dreamer

Go to FTE and you will spend the first 6 months in the classroom without so much as getting a sniff of AvGas!!!

NFC will have you flying in week 1!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion