Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Super League and all things European Rugby League 2018.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Fantastic. That is all.

Actually no, not quite all. We are top of the league, say we are top of the league! Exciting times for London. Garry Schofield predicted Broncos would finish 11th.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Saints won again last night, convincing away win at Warrington, the old guard look like the teams to beat again this year.

Castleford beat Salford in a supposedly scrappy affair. In the Championship, Broncos hammered Batley. Would be great if they were still unbeaten going into the Toulouse game in 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Leeds Castleford was lots of fun, Castleford 24-0 up early and ended up hanging on a for a 25-24 away win.

Tigers on a roll, that was a tough game, they beat Wakefield by 11 points to 6.

• Advertisement

Toulouse comprehensively ended the Broncos winning run in Championship. Still, a good start to the season, need to get back to winning ways next game.

Looks like the Catalan Dragons are finally going to get a win on the board again.

Broncos lost again in the Championship.

Saints looked good against Hull last night, who can't win outside of Hull! Their only away win was at KR.

In the Championship the wheels have well and truly fallen off for the London Broncos. 3 defeats in a row, tough games though and not a big surprise being honest.

Thursday night games aren't doing much for attendances. Pretty poor turn out in Widnes tonight (though the home fans probably don't have much reason to show up so far this season anyway, battered squad on the end of some heavy defeats in recent weeks).

Home team hammered by Hull this evening.

• Advertisement

Leeds threw away an 8 point lead with less than ten minutes to gone against Wigan and lost 9 - 8. In the Championship, the Broncos got back to winning ways against the Rochdale Hornets.

Comfortable second half for Wigan after a really good close first half. Castleford poor in the second period.

Jebus, Salford absolutely battered by St. Helens. Ben Barba looks the part this season.

Rugby League free on the BBC today, Challenge cup 6th Round game between Castleford and St. Helens. 7 minutes in.

Toronto v Warrington in the cup on BBC now. Wolfpack of the Championship ahead four nil after 15 minutes.

Make that eight with kick to come.

Toronto had one red and three in the bin at one point today, never seen anything like it! Hammered as a result.

Plenty of Super League games on today, the Magic weekend. Also the Championship Weekend has a huge game, Toronto v Toulouse.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Who we expecting to get through to the smis of the CC then?

Catalan, Leeds, Warrington and Saints for me. Actually difficult enough to choose though, can't say any of those 4 with great confidence...

Who we expecting to get through to the smis of the CC then?

Catalan, Leeds, Warrington and Saints for me. Actually difficult enough to choose though, can't say any of those 4 with great confidence...

I reckon Huddersfield, Leeds, Wigan and Saints.

St. Helens would be the only one I'm confident with. Leeds have loads of injuries, Wigan looked terrible against KR and the Giants - Dragons is a coin toss imo.

I reckon Huddersfield, Leeds, Wigan and Saints.

St. Helens would be the only one I'm confident with. Leeds have loads of injuries, Wigan looked terrible against KR and the Giants - Dragons is a coin toss imo.

If it was in France I'd be hugely behind the Dragons. I put 40 quid on them against Leeds, early on in the week when it looked like Leeds would be missing more than they eventually were. Was looking dodgy when the Rhinos got it back to 17-14, and I would have happily lost the 40 quid (as a rhinos fan) at that stage but they reverted to the same tripe we've been turning up the past few weeks again soon after.

• Advertisement

If it was in France I'd be hugely behind the Dragons. I put 40 quid on them against Leeds, early on in the week when it looked like Leeds would be missing more than they eventually were. Was looking dodgy when the Rhinos got it back to 17-14, and I would have happily lost the 40 quid (as a rhinos fan) at that stage but they reverted to the same tripe we've been turning up the past few weeks again soon after.

Nice result , financially anyway! Have you been to Catalans? It's a great trip. I have only been once, when London Broncos were masquerading as Harlequins RL. We had Aussie officials (pre some International or another) and they were as bad as the usual. London hammered, credit card hammered, I was hammered. It was fantastic.

Nice result , financially anyway! Have you been to Catalans? It's a great trip. I have only been once, when London Broncos were masquerading as Harlequins RL. We had Aussie officials (pre some International or another) and they were as bad as the usual. London hammered, credit card hammered, I was hammered. It was fantastic.

No, I've never been to any RL away games. Spent all my money as a youth travelling to Leeds United away games (everywhere from Arsenal to Yeovil). Only ever been to Headingley, unfortunately and Olympic Park for the 4 nations in 2016.

No, I've never been to any RL away games. Spent all my money as a youth travelling to Leeds United away games (everywhere from Arsenal to Yeovil). Only ever been to Headingley, unfortunately and Olympic Park for the 4 nations in 2016.

Well Leeds was always very welcoming to the masses (coach load) of London fans who travelled up there. Most grounds are pretty welcoming, well they were 15 odd years ago. Less hassle at Rugby League games than football, plus you get beer on the terraces.

Live Rugby League on the BBC today and tomorrow in the Quarter Finals of the Challenge Cup

Today on BBC One at 2pm it is Warrington v Wigan.
    Tomorrow on BBC Two at 3pm it is St. Helens v Hull

Should be a couple of decent games. In the other quarter finals, Leeds hammered Leigh last night 52 - 22, and the Dragons beat the Giants 20 - 6 on Thursday.

Tomkins brothers haven't had a great weekend. Video knocking around of Joel being an obnoxious drunk, and Sam just being drunk. Not a great look. Joel has been suspended for a month, fined 10 grand and Sam fined 5 grand.

Saints Hull game was a cracker, sin bin did for Hull I think.

Tomkins brothers haven't had a great weekend. Video knocking around of Joel being an obnoxious drunk, and Sam just being drunk. Not a great look. Joel has been suspended for a month, fined 10 grand and Sam fined 5 grand.

They've always been dis-likeable pricks!

Brian McDermott has been sacked by the Rhinos. I really like him, and he was always great at the Broncos but maybe he ran out of ideas at Leeds? Injuries haven't helped one bit.

If he wants another job straight away I don't think he'll be out of work for very long. Maybe London bound! ( yeah I know that won't happen, but it's a nice thought).

Brian McDermott has been sacked by the Rhinos. I really like him, and he was always great at the Broncos but maybe he ran out of ideas at Leeds? Injuries haven't helped one bit.

If he wants another job straight away I don't think he'll be out of work for very long. Maybe London bound! ( yeah I know that won't happen, but it's a nice thought).

Did someone take over his job as the US coach after he left recently?

• Advertisement

Did someone take over his job as the US coach after he left recently?

Their website hasn't been updated but the twitter feed says it's now Sean Rutgerson.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement