Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kansas City Chiefs Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Titans win imo. We saw what happened last year ;)

Titans are a different team this year, but the offense has regressed significantly while the defense is far better.

don't get me wrong I really want to see a Titans win, i think we'll struggle to contain the Chiefs playmakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I dont think so, The Titans win by bringing teams down to their level and playing attritional football. The Titans defense gives up the least amount of 20+ yard plays in the league, while the Chiefs are the best at making those plays.

Titans need to stop Hill and Hunt, Kelce will Kelce, but the Titans will win this game by forcing the Chiefs to move the ball down the field through the downs. If the chiefs can break off big plays the Titans offense won't be able to match.

Murray has been poor all year so not missing him that much tbh
    Mariota used his legs in the last game, expect more of the same, that should help the the Titans move the chains and if Henry gets up a head of steam, he is hard to bring down. If the Chiefs get to him in the backfield the will really hamper the Titans.

Honestly i think the Cheifs win, but i think its close enough 7-10 points.

I think the same. I think the Chiefs will win but 9 points seems about right.

I also think this game will be decided by Alex Smith, if he's got his A game (including his scrambling ability) I think the Chiefs will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Smith will be playing his last few games as a Chief over the next few weeks and we're obviously gonna need to bring in a veteran QB as backup to Mahomes

McCown, Fitz, Foles, Bradford maybe if he can't get a starting gig. Keenum, (Minnesota have 3 out of contract starting QB's to sort out plus a high upside rookie sat on roster) Cutler if he wants to play again.

If the Jets get Cousins in FA then Josh McCown would be ideal, he's old but he's smart, loved by team mates everywhere and can still play. Also, he has moving firms on speed dial. Assuming Miami don't re-sign Matt Moore he's always been a solid backup, and Chad Henne is also not too terrible. I wouldn't want any of these guys starting 16 games, but they could all do a good job as a veteran #2.

If you're in the real bargain basement, Chase Daniel and Scott Tolzein will be available but they're really not guys I want under center. You've got to really believe in Mahomes and be ready to ride him if you pick up guys like that.

:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

:(

At half time. Not how I expected it to go.

Chiefs abandoned the running game but kelce going out was a massive loss. If he is in the game the Titans lose

• Advertisement

How come we've 3 people contributing to this threads and every other teams thread has far more?

Surely there's more Chiefs fans than this?

How come we've 3 people contributing to this threads and every other teams thread has far more?

Small market teams, go check the Titans thread, basically me and a few guys who pop in now and then

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Small market teams, go check the Titans thread, basically me and a few guys who pop in now and then
    Other than the Patriots and the Packers, and maybe the Giants, every team has about two or three contributors.

Anyone know where I'll pick up a shirt in store?

Elverys seem to only have the more famous teams like Patriots/Packers/Giants and a couple of Ravens/Panthers/Seahawks shirts

Can't be arsed waiting for an online order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

I've never bought one in store as there normally isnt stock (small market)
    I picked up some online fairly handy, if you're happy to pay full whack for it keep an eye on nfl shop europe as they tend to do sales during the offseason, I got a charles jersey for 28 euros on there a few years back during a flash sale

• Advertisement

conor222 wrote: »
    I've never bought one in store as there normally isnt stock (small market)
    I picked up some online fairly handy, if you're happy to pay full whack for it keep an eye on nfl shop europe as they tend to do sales during the offseason, I got a charles jersey for 28 euros on there a few years back during a flash sale

I'm after Kelce 87 or Mahomes 15 but can't see em coming down in price!

It's time

patrick-mahomes-chiefs.jpg

Very happy with the trade,
    Sad to see Alex go but it was time and really happy to see him getting paid!
    Great pickup in Fuller, fills a massive need for the team and as a 3rd round rookie costs circa 700k this year!
    Really think the Chiefs come out the best in the trade by a distance!
    So, cap space, more picks, improved secondary. I'm pumped!

Very happy with the trade,
    Sad to see Alex go but it was time and really happy to see him getting paid!
    Great pickup in Fuller, fills a massive need for the team and as a 3rd round rookie costs circa 700k this year!
    Really think the Chiefs come out the best in the trade by a distance!
    So, cap space, more picks, improved secondary. I'm pumped!

My sentiments exactly!

Only thing I'm surprised is Smith's destination - was convinced he'd go to the Browns.

Either way, he's been a great servant, a fantastic mentor to Mahomes and owes us absolutely nothing

Goes with my best wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 37,491 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Imo Mahomes is not going to make it. We'll see over time and Andy Reid obviously has confidence in him or that trade would not have happened but I'm not a fan based on his time in college.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Imo Mahomes is not going to make it. We'll see over time and Andy Reid obviously has confidence in him or that trade would not have happened but I'm not a fan based on his time in college.

What are you basing that on?

He absolutely tore it up in college

Peters to Rams

I'm never lost for words but right now I'm speechless

Absolutely ****ing raging

I am not expecting that we got a load for him either, seems there was a lot more trouble in the backroom beyond what we saw (fighting coaches etc). Im very annoyed to see him go, even moreso if we end up getting as little for him as I think we will, but if hes an issue for the coaches etc then needs must I guess.
    If its not price (not) and not production (not) it has to be character based and when Andy Reid is giving up on you (he has a history of working with issue players) thats a bad sign. The rams will know this and be able to get away with a cheaper deal to take him off our hands. Sad to see the talent leaving but at least theyre getting something back I guess :/

What did I say about not getting much for him? :pac:

Saw an interview with him just there on the whole situation

Guy comes across as a thoroughly unlikable, selfish, idiotic twat

Glad to see the back of him now.

Interviewer - 'What do you expect from Mahomes?'

Peters - 'Lots of turnovers'

I hope we smash the Rams in Mexico

• Advertisement

We happy with our off season business so far Chiefs fans? Watkins? Fuller? Amerson? Hitchens?

Been out of the loop the past month

How did the draft go for us?

Was ok, not flashy but decent. I posted about it on the general chat thread but ill pop it here for anyone else interested in Kc specifically

Chiefs draft: Quick bit of analysis from what I've seen/watched since and what I've heard about them

We went all defense (except a defensive player were going to convert to OG), I think we needed more of a focus on secondary but there are some pieces there as well. Each player below:

Breeland Speaks, DE, Ole Miss
    Looking like were going to play him at OLB instead of DE, Interesting as we have Tanoh trying to get into that spot from last year and likely means we are getting rid of Dee Ford after this season. Nice to have some rotation, like the player but not our biggest area of need, could be a sign that we are going to go a lot of press man on the outside and rotate rushers at OLB

Derrick Nnadi, DT, Florida State
    We needed a nose tackle, Xavier Williams is ther enow and we need line depth. From what I hear high motor kid, should fit in well. Look to be building a very young DL rotation in the coming years if picks pay off. think we also picked up Dee Liner at DT as a free agent.

Dorian O'Daniel, LB, Clemson
    I like this one a lot! Fast, fun to watch, id imagine we'll have him play a hybrid LB/S kind of role given his speed/coverage. also a great special teamer in college os can bring that immediately as well. Means we have a nice collection of LBs to disguise rushes and coverages if needed down the line.

Armani Watts, S, Texas A&M
    Add to the defensive backfield, 4 year started in college, good tackler. We lost Ron Parker in off season and berry's injury showed us how much we need depth beyond Dirty Dan. Can be incredible but reports say he can be a bit boom or bust on plays, guessing on routes etc so will need to work on that. Should be in rotation and possibly pushing to start by end of year.

Tremon Smith, CB, Central
    for me too little too late, we should have gone CB earlier. That said, interesting prospect. Small school kid, very good production there. Project as well need to see how he translates to the NFL speed and size. Could be good and if so, should push to see some playing time at the end of the year in CB3 rotation. Has some special teams experience too

Kahlil McKenzie, DT, Tennessee
    Fun times troll pick. This is Raiders GM Reggie McKenzies son. We are planning to move him to guard (as was apparently the expected approach of all the teams looking at him). Lot of work needed but guard seems to be a better fit for him. Take a punt on your final pick and steal your divisional rivals kid? Why not?

Overall I'm happy with some of the players, think we had bigger needs like a CB earlier but trust the management to know better than me on this. Feels a lot like a building draft for next year and the year after. Also, could point to a defensive scheme change/coaching change as a lot of these players are tweeners and could move from OLB to DE in a 4-3 (Speaks).
    Yeah, thats all I got for now Not the most exciting but looks to be a long term plan

Also, forgot to mention in the other one, there are some interesting DB prospects in the supplemental draft, as we've got some picks acquired we might take a punt on one of them (unlikely though)

Was ok, not flashy but decent. I posted about it on the general chat thread but ill pop it here for anyone else interested in Kc specifically

Chiefs draft: Quick bit of analysis from what I've seen/watched since and what I've heard about them

We went all defense (except a defensive player were going to convert to OG), I think we needed more of a focus on secondary but there are some pieces there as well. Each player below:

Breeland Speaks, DE, Ole Miss
    Looking like were going to play him at OLB instead of DE, Interesting as we have Tanoh trying to get into that spot from last year and likely means we are getting rid of Dee Ford after this season. Nice to have some rotation, like the player but not our biggest area of need, could be a sign that we are going to go a lot of press man on the outside and rotate rushers at OLB

Derrick Nnadi, DT, Florida State
    We needed a nose tackle, Xavier Williams is ther enow and we need line depth. From what I hear high motor kid, should fit in well. Look to be building a very young DL rotation in the coming years if picks pay off. think we also picked up Dee Liner at DT as a free agent.

Dorian O'Daniel, LB, Clemson
    I like this one a lot! Fast, fun to watch, id imagine we'll have him play a hybrid LB/S kind of role given his speed/coverage. also a great special teamer in college os can bring that immediately as well. Means we have a nice collection of LBs to disguise rushes and coverages if needed down the line.

Armani Watts, S, Texas A&M
    Add to the defensive backfield, 4 year started in college, good tackler. We lost Ron Parker in off season and berry's injury showed us how much we need depth beyond Dirty Dan. Can be incredible but reports say he can be a bit boom or bust on plays, guessing on routes etc so will need to work on that. Should be in rotation and possibly pushing to start by end of year.

Tremon Smith, CB, Central
    for me too little too late, we should have gone CB earlier. That said, interesting prospect. Small school kid, very good production there. Project as well need to see how he translates to the NFL speed and size. Could be good and if so, should push to see some playing time at the end of the year in CB3 rotation. Has some special teams experience too

Kahlil McKenzie, DT, Tennessee
    Fun times troll pick. This is Raiders GM Reggie McKenzies son. We are planning to move him to guard (as was apparently the expected approach of all the teams looking at him). Lot of work needed but guard seems to be a better fit for him. Take a punt on your final pick and steal your divisional rivals kid? Why not?

Overall I'm happy with some of the players, think we had bigger needs like a CB earlier but trust the management to know better than me on this. Feels a lot like a building draft for next year and the year after. Also, could point to a defensive scheme change/coaching change as a lot of these players are tweeners and could move from OLB to DE in a 4-3 (Speaks).
    Yeah, thats all I got for now Not the most exciting but looks to be a long term plan

Also, forgot to mention in the other one, there are some interesting DB prospects in the supplemental draft, as we've got some picks acquired we might take a punt on one of them (unlikely though)

Cheers mate :)

Chiefs Kingdom

: - )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Mahomes ... what a player. Can see why Reid let Smith go to Washington now. Incredible start for the Chiefs. Tyreek Hill is a beast also!

Very excited by the first game there, extremely interesting playcalling and design. A lot of college type stuff and I'd say that jus the start of what we'll see this season.
    Positives on the offence, a lot of contributors helped given Kelce was a non factor, Line looked decent, Hill was a monster. Defence performed better than I expected (most of the yardage was in garbage time up by 2/3 scores where we were in prevent and forcing them to cathc in the middle of the field to run clock).

Negatives
    DBs are still an issue, Maholmes seems to only throw rocket passes, not much in the way of touch balls. Poor clock management at the end of the first half.

Next week will be interesting but overall very happy with this first game :)

I was impressed with Kendall Fuller

Shout out to Butt-Kicker - Panthers must be out of their mind giving him away like that

Steelers on Sunday - is Le'Veon Bell back?

• Advertisement

Really fancy us tonight

Big Ben might be out for them

Advertisement